• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Ninja Scooter said:
Seeing Juwan Howard on the Heat almost makes me want to root against them, so that the Fab Five can go down as the biggest bunch of overhyped losers ever.

You really hate C Webb don't you.

edit; I love Chuck's commentary almost all the time!

Tom Penny said:
Shaq won because of Kobe, Russell just happen to be on great Celtics teams and basically lucked into 11 rings. Kobe won with less than Hakeem. Duncan I'd probably give you.

RP34 couldn't chip without Kobe or Wade and he's STILL gonna finish with 4.

GG.

See you sitting next to Kenny and Chuck next season.

Resilient

I want to see OKC for Dallas more than the Grizz, mainly because they gave us a lot of trouble during the season. Their D is tight and i see it being harder to penetrate than OKC. Either team is going to be a tough series, cause it's not like these teams are push overs. Grizz refuse to say die and OKC are athletic and powered all through out the game. I would not be surprised if we lose Game 1 of the series due to having such a long break between games.

MiamiWesker said:
Hey, I am of cuban descent, its the culture let them be. Its a better act that burning down a city. :p
Don't get me wrong got nothing against yall..........maybe some of yall (the ones that reside in Hialeah)

Besides any race that has girls like these gets my salute
vida%20guerra16.jpg

CherryWoodFuton said:
Don't get me wrong got nothing against yall..........maybe some of yall (the ones that reside in Hialeah)

Besides any race that has girls like these gets my salute
vida%20guerra16.jpg

One of the few girls I'd make out with the ass of literally instead of her face.

Ninja Scooter said:
Seeing Juwan Howard on the Heat almost makes me want to root against them, so that the Fab Five can go down as the biggest bunch of overhyped losers ever.

You're rooting for the Heat?

Did you forget to take your crazy pills?

dream

Ninja Scooter said:
does anyone know if Netflix for PS3 works even though PSN is down?

Yeah, it'll try to log you into PSN, fail, try again, then eventually just sign you into Netflix.

The Chosen One said:
You're rooting for the Heat?

Did you forget to take your crazy pills?

I was against Boston. Now I don't really care (probably rooting for Dirk/Kidd if anything). I won't have a breakdown if Lebron gets a ring though, unlike most people here. It's not that big a deal, and as I said earlier, I'd rather see Lebron and Bosh win 10 rings before those Boston douches in green get even one more.

Cipherr

So that wasnt bs? Bron and Wade really do all of those press meetings together? Not enough lols in the world. That is just ridiculous.

J2 Cool

That Lebron travel was bad on the steal with 30 seconds left. He should have been called for that, but I think everyone was accepting the Celtics demise.

KingGondo

Banned
MikeTyson said:
What do you guys think about the Celtics taking a chance on Greg Oden?
They're obviously desperate enough to try it if their starting C during these playoffs was the corpse of Jermaine O'Neal.

Jeff-DSA

So I finally went to the doctor about the ankle I jacked up playing basketball...

My ankle is broken in two places, I have a stress fracture on the left side of my foot, and I have tears in three different ligaments as well as some bone bruising that still hasn't healed up. They put me back in a rigid brace (thank goodness it's not a cast), and we're going to have to re-evaluate in another month and a half as to whether or not I'll need surgery. I start physical therapy next week, and they already told me that it's going to be a particularly painful one.

They said total recovery time on this one would be about 1 year to 14 months from the date of the injury. Surgery could speed it up, but it would obviously be a more costly route. Seeing how I'm on an HSA plan, I will probably wait it out unless I have stability issues with it.

Sucks.

So yeah, watching basketball is all I have right now. Too bad I don't have anybody to really cheer for. I'd like Durant to get a ring, but not Westbroken Fundamentals. Can't have Miami win, but Atlanta is the least deserving team ever and I'd never want BoozIR to win anything. I don't like the Mavs, but who in their right mind likes the Grizzlies?

Screw it. Go Best Gasol!

J2 Cool said:
That Lebron travel was bad on the steal with 30 seconds left. He should have been called for that, but I think everyone was accepting the Celtics demise.
I can't believe that offensive foul called on the Celtics player when they were trying a desperation 3 down by like 8 or 10.

Maybe I saw it wrong and it was on an illegal pick but I thought they called him for pumpfaking behind the arc, getting the guy in the air and jumping into him.

That's never called on the offense(no call or defensive player gets called) and at that point of the game and as emphatic as the ref made the call????

Please tell me it was not what I thought it was and instead a moving screen.

MikeTyson

Banned
KingGondo said:
They're obviously desperate enough to try it if their starting C during these playoffs was the corpse of Jermaine O'Neal.
People on oregonlive are in great fear that he'll leave, go else where - win 5 rings and become the best center of all time. (passed on mj, kd) lol

heard he wants 12 mill a yr.

Ninja Scooter said:
I was against Boston. Now I don't really care (probably rooting for Dirk/Kidd if anything). I won't have a breakdown if Lebron gets a ring though, unlike most people here. It's not that big a deal, and as I said earlier, I'd rather see Lebron and Bosh win 10 rings before those Boston douches in green get even one more.

I understand not wanting the Celts to win a ring. Just surprised you'd root for Team Ego over the Bulls, Mavs, or Grizz...

DJ88

MiamiWesker said:
Oh man its going to get crazy for you if its a Finals rematch. Where you there in 06?

I have a new job that makes me travel around the country so there is a chance I maybe out of town on a big game or two. My biggest fear is not being in town if we win, there is nothing like running out into the streets into a massive celebration.

I really hope I get to experience that. I wan't living here in 06, but today I live real close to the arena, and if the Heat win the championship it is going to be crazy as hell. I'll be running down to the AAA to go nuts and be part of the celebration.

I just really hope we can get through Chicago if they beat Atlanta. I know they should be able to, but watching this new Heat team all season has taught me to never assume a win is a sure thing.

MikeTyson said:
People on oregonlive are in great fear that he'll leave, go else where - win 5 rings and become the best center of all time. (passed on mj, kd) lol

heard he wants 12 mill a yr.

Even if he gets healthy he's always gonna be slow and lumbering. His ceiling (again, if he can completely overcome his injury history) is a Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby type of big IMO.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ninja Scooter said:
Even if he gets healthy he's always gonna be slow and lumbering. His ceiling (again, if he can completely overcome his injury history) is a Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby type of big IMO.
He's far more talented than them offensively. These injuries, if anything, have lowered his defensive ceiling.

dream said:
TGMP, cheer me up and tell me about Lauren's ass on tonight's episode.

They didn't really show her backside, just her wondrous hair and perfectly done makeup.

Her outfits were nice but both dresses and not tight jeans unfortunately.

Or maybe the second outfit wasn't a dress but no booty shots I could remember though I was distracted by the Elvis song(in a bad way).

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They didn't really show her backside, just her wondrous hair and perfectly done makeup.

Her outfits were nice but both dresses and not tight jeans unfortunately.

That is seriously why I stopped watching the show - they stopped giving me money shots.

MiamiWesker said:
Oh man its going to get crazy for you if its a Finals rematch. Where you there in 06?

I have a new job that makes me travel around the country so there is a chance I maybe out of town on a big game or two. My biggest fear is not being in town if we win, there is nothing like running out into the streets into a massive celebration.

Yeah, I was in Dallas. I actually got to go to game 1. I wish I still had pictures though...for some reason, I didn't care enough to save them. Big mistake (They were awful quality anyways)

I'll remember that night a while...there's really no feeling shittier than about 20,000 screaming after Dallas inserted dagger after dagger in game 1. It was like the whole world was rooting against me lol

But some of those fans were pieces of shit and classless...I started leaving the arena early once I knew it was over and I had people saying stuff like "get outta here you chink Heat fan" (that was probably the worst, everything was was mostly ribbing). wasn't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom