• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Stolen shamelessly from Sanj's OP:

vg64qs.png

OFFICIAL MLB-AGE IRC Channel
There is currently one for the NBA, figured why not have one for us. Hopefully it will catch on. Great place to shoot the shit during late night games and big meetings.

Channel: #mlb-age

Suggested Clients
Windows - X-Chat and mIRC
Apple OS X - Colloquy

Firefox - ChatZilla (Add-On)
Within Browser - Mibbit Link.

---

CajoleJuice said:
Beltran is next.

---

Second half gogogo

verbum

sf2fanatic said:
LOL!!!!!!

Maybe we should try to get Sherill back....:(

George is doing just fine in Atlanta as a setup guy. I have gotten to really like him with his old fashion set to his cap.

eznark

Banned
Alderson was just on WFAN, sounded like they are going to take one of the player immediately and it sounded like a bullpen arm. He said the guy has been in the big leagues and will be able to help right away.

Yankees Council, now is the time to make our stand. We basically play the Rays and Red Sox every 15 games for the rest of the season - so we're going to figure out who's getting their shit ruined sooner rather than later.

Yankees Council, we've defied all predictions - after epic acquisitions by the hated Red Sox, and the theft of Cliff Lee by the coward Ruben Amaro, Jr, we still are first. After injuries to Soriano, Marte, A-Rod, Feliciano, Hughes, Joba, Chavez, and everyone else on Earth, we still are first. After 81 games in which our rotation featured Kielbasa Colon, Freddy Garcia, an unproven Nova and Dr. AJ/Mr. Burnett - we still are first. Even after Jeter and Posada declined, we're still first.

So fuck it...Yankees Council, let's take this thing.
Let's ramp it up and end the AL East once and for all. Let's get healthy and defeat the odds. Let's get to the postseason and beat everyone. Let's get #28.

YANKEES.
SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

verbum

Latest Braves news: Chris Medlen to be "shut down" until September. So no Medlen this season. We may be bringing someone up or even trading for a RHP bullpen pitcher.
Arondys Vizcaino is in AA, maybe move him up to AAA and see how he looks September 1? Or chance a trade for Procter II?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
here is what the braves second half schedule looks like:

QzdZV.png

and yeah sucks about Medlen, i was hoping he would be back in august. Oh well. And yeah we need another RHP in the bullpen (even before Medlen's setback). Moylan should return in august i beleive, but he isn't the shut down reliever i was hoping for. Vizcainio might be it, but if we can get someone like Adams from San Diego or Uehara from the Orioles then that would be awesome. Apparently according to MLBTR our needs (RHB bench, RHP and CF) are all strengths of this trade deadline.

captmcblack said:
Yankees Council, now is the time to make our stand. We basically play the Rays and Red Sox every 15 games for the rest of the season - so we're going to figure out who's getting their shit ruined sooner rather than later.

Yankees Council, we've defied all predictions - after epic acquisitions by the hated Red Sox, and the theft of Cliff Lee by the coward Ruben Amaro, Jr, we still are first. After injuries to Soriano, Marte, A-Rod, Feliciano, Hughes, Joba, Chavez, and everyone else on Earth, we still are first. After 81 games in which our rotation featured Kielbasa Colon, Freddy Garcia, an unproven Nova and Dr. AJ/Mr. Burnett - we still are first. Even after Jeter and Posada declined, we're still first.

Let's ramp it up and end the AL East once and for all. Let's get healthy and defeat the odds. Let's get to the postseason and beat everyone. Let's get #28.

YANKEES.
SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

I mean, it's a shame they won't have home field advantage, but at least PNC is a gorgeous park.

verbum

Windu said:
here is what the braves second half schedule looks like:

QzdZV.png

and yeah sucks about Medlen, i was hoping he would be back in august. Oh well. And yeah we need another RHP in the bullpen (even before Medlen's setback). Moylan should return in august i beleive, but he isn't the shut down reliever i was hoping for. Vizcainio might be it, but if we can get someone like Adams from San Diego or Uehara from the Orioles then that would be awesome. Apparently according to MLBTR our needs (RHB bench, RHP and CF) are all strengths of this trade deadline.

Damn, 12 games with the Nationals? And 12 with the Marlins? We need to win 20 of those 24 games and we would have a good chunk of wins. Maybe 6-7 of 9 from the Mets would be very nice as well. Not to be counting chickens too soon.

Malo

Banned
captmcblack said:

YANKEES.
SO HOT RIGHT NOW.
Slow clap .gif

Sharp

verbum said:
Damn, 12 games with the Nationals? And 12 with the Marlins? We need to win 20 of those 24 games and we would have a good chunk of wins. Maybe 6-7 of 9 from the Mets would be very nice as well. Not to be counting chickens too soon.
Do you actually think the Braves are so good that they have a true talent .833 winning percent against the Nats + Marlins? That's kind of ridiculous. Not saying it can't happen but I have no idea why you'd expect it to.

Windu

Sharp said:
Do you actually think the Braves are so good that they have a true talent .833 winning percent against the Nats + Marlins? That's kind of ridiculous. Not saying it can't happen but I have no idea why you'd expect it to.
especially since we are .500 (or close to it) against the nationals since 2005.

Sharp

I don't think that really factors into it, the only player on the Nats who was on both the '09 and '11 starting rosters is Zimmerman. But... it's baseball. Vegas doesn't give .800 odds unless it's, like, one of the best pitchers + one of the best teams in the league against one of the worst pitchers + teams in the league (e.g. the Nats vs. Santana a few years ago).

Windu

yeah i know its different rosters etc.. but we always seem to have a tough time with the nationals.

verbum

Sharp said:

I voted for Obama. I also like happy endings in movies. You are harshing my mellow.

captmcblack said:

YANKEES.
SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

I'm so proud of you right now.

Windu

The Dodgers, Rockies and Braves have replaced the Tigers, Cubs and Cardinals on Joakim Soria's no-trade list, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.com (on Twitter). The reliever can still block trades to the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies with his no-trade clause, which would provide him with leverage in the unlikely event of a proposed deal.
FINE! if thats the way it is then we don't need you! boothisman.gif

Soria would be a mop up man on the braves staff anyway.

edit: also, are we going to sticky this thread or just move back to the old one?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Windu said:
FINE! if thats the way it is then we don't need you! boothisman.gif

Soria would be a mop up man on the braves staff anyway.

edit: also, are we going to sticky this thread or just move back to the old one?
I PM'd kev about stickying it. Hopefully he'll get to it by next month.

Windu

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's now next month...and the Barves had a Mets like collapse!
ZTwaK.gif

we collapse in the postseason, not the regular season

Judderman

drawer by drawer
captmcblack said:

YANKEES.
SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

7RXvl.jpg

Sanjuro

What are you going to do without Chipper? He is like a kid out there!

Real Talk. When will Skittles get his high score back up? NeoGafKillScreen.jpg

Windu

first? yankees? might want to check the standings again.
What are you going to do without Chipper? He is like a kid out there!
he just loves to play! waits for him to be on the twins and mets.

Dragon

Banned
I'm sober and I think A-Gon's BABIP is worrying. Hopefully he walks more in the second half.

Windu said:
first? yankees? might want to check the standings again.

"Forget it, he's rolling."

nocode

I've always liked the cut of Sandy Alderson's jib, and I still do. Good move getting rid of KRod now before the market is flooded.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
The fate of the Rays season hangs on this next week tbh. If they're going to have a prayer they need to make a stand now
which isn't likely without bats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom