• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Hasnt the team with the worst record rarely gotten the first pick looking back at the past? I know the probability is higher with a worse record but the lotto balls havent been kind.

Oh and we still have the unprotected lakers first in 2015 play on kobe!!
The worst team has a 75% chance to not get the first pick.

The team with the best odds to win the lottery has won the lottery less than 25% of the time recently, but that is pretty irrelevant. A coin coming up tails eight times in a series of ten flips doesn't change the odds of heads occurring in the next coin flip.

Pimpwerx

Sooooooooooooooo, the Phins just shattered what little the Gators left of my football will. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. All in with the Heatles again this year. PEACE.

J. Bravo

Had to go against megatron this week. smh

lel me too

look at this shit.
XiJkbe4.png

that 38.62 is from Matt Stafford....dude is projected for 180 lol I'm getting slaughtered.

Just doing some quick math, the average pick for the worst team in the league is 2.642. Kind of shitty. There is also a 53.5% chance that the worst team will get either the third or fourth picks.

Forever

Banned
Thought experiment. Which tanking team do you guys think is in the best position to reload quickly, assuming they land Wiggins?

J. Bravo

All I can think of are the suns and jazz, because those are the two teams I follow closest besides what ESPN shows.

Also I will not be able to draft tonight at the new time, I'll be at work until 10 cst.

giri

Drafted as a project in a weak draft. Said from day 1 that it'd be a 4 year process. Actually looking better than ever this preseason.

Len though... Maryland loves its bigs. I don't know why people think that their coach didn't want to use him. He just can't be used any other way. The guy is a project - but people think that he isn't. And that is what's going to get him done dirty.

Plus he's never been that kind of a worker either.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but Biyombo was a better pick than Len.

Edit: A substantially better prospect. Based on needs of team, ceiling, position in draft, etc.
Not really. On pretty much all points in your post.

Calling a guy out on his work ethic when he played 90% of the college season with a bone fracture?

He's a project for sure though, he's not going to be putting up 20 & 10 this season. And no Suns fan here has said otherwise.

The Magic could rebuild pretty quickly if they got the #1 pick and Randle/Wiggins/Embiid/etc looked like a LeBron or Duncan level prospect. They could move some of their other young players for LMA (who would probably stay with the ROY in Oladipo and a future superstar on the team) and then they would be immediate contenders.

And the Jazz could be as well (since we're just a first option and a wing defender away), but I think we're going to have around the 8th best odds.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not really. On pretty much all points in your post.

Calling a guy out on his work ethic when he played 90% of the college season with a bone fracture?

He's a project for sure though, he's not going to be putting up 20 & 10 this season. And no Suns fan here has said otherwise.

I don't think he'll ever be as good as Jason Collins on his best day.

Exokell

Banned
I was recently arguing with a coworker of mine whose a huge laker/kobe fan. Anyway he was arguing that Kobe has a high basketball IQ. I told him that a player that has 3 defenders on him and still shoots it above the 3 point line doesnt have a high IQ.

what you guys think? does kobe have a high basketball IQ?

Mike Vick totally shat the bed for my team.......yet I'm still winning by a measly couple of points...

Forgetting to sit Gates this week will come bite me in the ass though.....

Mik317

I was recently arguing with a coworker of mine whose a huge laker/kobe fan. Anyway he was arguing that Kobe has a high basketball IQ. I told him that a player that has 3 defenders on him and still shoots it above the 3 point line doesnt have a high IQ.

what you guys think? does kobe have a high basketball IQ?

He does but often doesn't use it because Fuck You I'm Kobe.

Jalen and Bill ripped the Thunder front office/ownership. Funny to watch. Jalen also predicting KD to Houston and Kevin Love and Westbrook in LA when their contracts are up.

Top Bottom