• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Under the Dome is so bad but I can't stop watching it, just because of Big Jim.

BokehKing

Banned
CBS canceled Under The Dome.

You're all freed from the shackles of your hatewatching.

Go on, run free now.

Run free.
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!

God dammit.. I love that show, I look forward to it every summer because it's bad but it's enjoyably bad.

Wtf are they going to replace it with some procedural cop show?

Dammit

border

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/under-the-dome-cancelled-cbs-season-3-1201582208/

Did they plan to end Under the Dome?

From the tone and quotes in the article, it sounds like there will be some level of resolution.

“‘Dome’s’ event storytelling and multiplatform business model paved the way for more original summer programming with the successful rollouts of ‘Extant’ and ‘Zoo.’ We’re excited to present the final chapter in Chester’s Mill as the story comes full circle, with the dome coming down as dramatically as it went up.”

rjinaz

I actually liked it despite its many, many flaws. Something to entertain me during the summer when tv shows I like are scarce. I'm also a huge Stephen King fan. Ah well, I'll quickly get over it. Bring on The Dark Tower.

rossonero

Just watched the last episode of The Glades, really hoping Netflix picks it up. I loved the characters and the show was just fun.

No longer shall we be trapped under the dumb of Under the Dome. I've been there since day one but this show is stupid in a "WTF" kind of way but a part of me will miss the most unintentionally funny show on television.

Arment

Go on, run free now.

Run free.

Oh sweet god thank you.

Season 1 and 2 I actually found things in it I liked and so I'd watch it when I had nothing else to watch. But season 3? It's so boring. It's a chore to watch now. I don't think the story has moved an inch in the last 3 episodes. Got a few on the backlog still.

Hopefully they resolve it someway. Otherwise wth.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The execs who greenlit Coach and only now realized it might be kinda dated should be forced to forego their salaries for the time period between those moments. That's hilarious.

He was on Parenthood for 6 seasons. I'm sure he'll be fine.
I believe Link is making a crack at Nelson's staunch conservatism. Lover of bootstraps, hater of aid and assistance.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
How is that different from any of the other seasons?

At least this season seems more cohesive. There's actually an ongoing arc and not just random disasters of the week which was season two.

beat

I believe Link is making a crack at Nelson's staunch conservatism. Lover of bootstraps, hater of aid and assistance.
Probably esp his infamous welfare quote: "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anyone help me out? No."

Go on, run free now.

Run free.
This is hilariously accurate. My wife always ask me why I watch this show I clearly think is garbage. I tell her it's because it somehow gets worse every episode and I can't stop watching..not even sure why lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sneaky Pete ordered to series at Amazon. They also ordered additional scripts for Casanova.

Survivor's Remorse renewed by Starz.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The fuck is taking AMC so long to renew Halt and Catch Fire?

It took them a little over a month to announce their decision for Turn: Washington's Spies, (and around a month in general to announce renewals/cancellations for their other shows in the past) and today is exactly one month since the H&CF finale, so their announcement should come soon.

Sober

Next season thread is forthcoming this weekend. Just waiting for the can of new thread smell to show up in the mail.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
CAN ABC please say if The Whispers is getting a sequel, tonights season finale was epic!!! :(

Did it end on a cliffhanger? I've watched the first episode and had planned to watch the rest but I won't if there's no resolution and it's not coming back.

Can't post in the Mr. Robot thread so I'll post here. It just started tonight in Canada (ugh Showcase) and I really liked it a lot.

A bit self indulgent with all the "edgy" callouts, but the story is interesting and the lead really sells it. I've heard only good things about it so I'm excited to see where it goes, if only the internet doesn't spoil it, because for some reason Showcase thinks it's cool to delay premiering their licenses shows for months. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom