• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We left it open, but if it is the series finale, we think the fans will be satisfied,” showrunner Gabrielle Stanton tells TheWrap of conclusion to series run

The Troubles are coming to an end. Syfy has canceled its long-running supernatural drama “Haven,” which will end its run after the upcoming 13-episode conclusion to its fifth season, TheWrap has learned.

The cable network aired the first 13 episodes of Season 5 in 2014, with the second half set to premiere in October.

Showrunner Gabrielle Stanton told TheWrap that even though the decision came after Season 5 of “Haven” had wrapped, the creative team was prepared for the end.
http://www.thewrap.com/syfy-cancels-haven-after-5-seasons-ep-promises-satisfying-ending-exclusive/

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No more Emily Rose :(

So sad right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Taking submissions for the thread title, I don't know anything about Haven because I have better stuff to watch than SyFy shows

Patryn

And here I almost went with saying that I only knew it was based on a Stephen King book.

BTW, who's making the new thread (given that the new season is only a month away)?

Snake

Emily Rose and WWE Superstar Edge both free agents, you say?

Looks like Nic Pizzolatto has found his new True Detectives.

Iceman

@deadsouls

That's right - HBO is blowing through 2 episodes of Show Me a Hero per night and yet the only things they have scheduled for the month of September are 'Project Greenlight' and 'Doll & Em' (I believe). They're holding The Leftovers til October for some reason - I guess so they can have something to air over the last few weeks of the year along with Getting On.

Woah, we're getting a second season of Doll & Em? If so, fantastic. Really enjoyed that one.

Kevin

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No more Emily Rose :(

So sad right now.

SyFy took an entire year to to air the second half of season 5 which was done filming last year and still has yet to air and now they canceled it. Almost certain the show won't have a proper conclusion.

I stopped supporting SyFy many years back for this very reason. Haven was the ONLY show left on the network I was watching. I don't watch any of the shows they put out anymore because why bother? Tired of good shows being canceled and replaced by cheaper mediocre ones.

SyFy took an entire year to to air the second half of season 5 which was done filming last year and still has yet to air and now they canceled it. Almost certain the show won't have a proper conclusion.

I stopped supporting SyFy many years back for this very reason. Haven was the ONLY show left on the network I was watching. I don't watch any of the shows they put out anymore because why bother? Tired of good shows being canceled and replaced by cheaper mediocre ones.

Can't believe after all this time they still do that shit. I'm going to be pissed with 12 Monkeys gets cancelled without a conclusion.

Phew, I was worried Haven was cancelled in the sense that we wouldn't even see the second half. I'm ok with this.

It brings good memories of autumn nights with my wife more than any other show. Not sure why. It's not my/our favorite show.

Strike

I expected that after their last renewal was for 26 episodes instead of the usual 13. As long as it gets a satisfying conclusion, I'm good.

I do not see the problem with Haven getting canceled. I always thought it was coming near the end. I think I said in one of the OTs that I expected the show to be done after the big renewal last year. Once it ends in a decent way I do not mind, and the there should have at least been some conversations to let them know that was happening. I do have an issue with SyFy holding onto the episodes for so long though.

Also the title sucks

Maybe they knew Haven wasn't coming back ahead of time and so it got closure? I have only seen a couple episodes and didn't follow it, was there talk of it ending before they finished filming? Like for Psych news it was ending came out around a year before the finale aired and well before they started filming.

Sober

Is watching UnReal what it feels like to be kicked while you're down, and enjoying it?

Cause if so, daddy needs a pair of bruised ribs.

Maybe they knew Haven wasn't coming back ahead of time and so it got closure? I have only seen a couple episodes and didn't follow it, was there talk of it ending before they finished filming? Like for Psych news it was ending came out around a year before the finale aired and well before they started filming.
The link says the finale provides closure and while they didn't know for sure, they had a feeling this was the end.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Astronaut Wives Club turned out to be a good summer "mini"/"limited"/whatever you call it series. Everyone will forget it exists by the time the Fall season starts, but it was good show for what it was.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How well do we think Fear the Walking Dead will do? Mega blockbuster success? Good but not great? And will it cannibalize the ratings for The Walking Dead proper? #NothingStopsThisTrain?

RetroMG

Aw, not Haven. My wife will be crushed.

Although on the upside, if another Dresden Files series gets made somehow, she'd be available, and perfect to play Karrin Murphy.

Unreal (styled UnREAL) is an American dark comedy/drama television series that premiered on Lifetime on June 1, 2015.[1] It stars Shiri Appleby as a young reality television producer pushed by her unscrupulous boss (Constance Zimmer) to swallow her integrity and do anything it takes to drum up salacious show content.

Oh, I remember Shiri Appleby! I used to have a major crush on her in Roswell back when I was in high school. So this show is worth checking out?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Unreal (styled UnREAL) is an American dark comedy/drama television series that premiered on Lifetime on June 1, 2015.[1] It stars Shiri Appleby as a young reality television producer pushed by her unscrupulous boss (Constance Zimmer) to swallow her integrity and do anything it takes to drum up salacious show content.

Oh, I remember Shiri Appleby! I used to have a major crush on her in Roswell back when I was in high school. So this show is worth checking out?

Overall, yes. However, the back half doesn't live up to the first half, so keep your expectations in check.

How well do we think Fear the Walking Dead will do? Mega blockbuster success? Good but not great? And will it cannibalize the ratings for The Walking Dead proper? #NothingStopsThisTrain?

Great but not TWD great. It will probably outdraw the ratings of every other current non-TWD original series on AMC combined.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Overall, yes. However, the back half doesn't live up to the first half, so keep your expectations in check.

VERY true. I loved it but the last few eps dragged and almost killed the show for me, especially when
Rachel
does a complete 180 character wise

I think it will pull over a 3.0 rating. I think they've picked a great spot for it. Kids are just about to head back to school (or have already) and so folks are starting to look for shows to pop back up. The networks usually bring out their new stuff in September, so this is coming just a little ahead of that but, imo, at the right time to catch an audience.

The fact that it's basically six weeks that lead right into TWD proper, sort of like an appetizer, should draw a decent crowd. That and the premise for S1 being "what happened while Rick was in a coma"... I think it'll do real well.

Last night’s special 90-minute series premiere of “Fear the Walking Dead” made television history, delivering 10.1 million live/same day viewers and becoming the #1 series premiere in cable television history for total viewers and all key demos. The episode delivered 6.3 million adults 18-49. In that coveted demographic, AMC now is home to three of the top five cable series premieres of all time in live/same day viewing – “Fear the Walking Dead” at #1 (2015), “Better Call Saul” at #2 (2015) and “The Walking Dead” at #5 (2010) – a remarkable accomplishment so far into the post-DVR era. A “Talking Dead” Season 6 Preview Special that preceded the “Fear” premiere last night delivered 4.2 million viewers, and 2.5 million adults 18-49.

Pachimari

I'm super excited for the new thread, just to see what shows are coming up for the new season.

I'm currently watching Humans, Penny Dreadful, Scream the TV Series and Keeping Up With the Kardashians but that's it currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom