• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I wondered if Brooker would talk about King of the Nerds if he ever did another Screen Wipe this year, well...

ajUBen7.png

Oh well. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes and I assume the old rules apply for leaked pilots in terms of posting about them.

I will say, apropos of nothing in particular (cough cough), I still don't get how in 2015 TV writers/actors/directors/producers don't understand that Cantonese and Mandarin are two different languages and not interchangeable like American and British accents. :p

I assume this would be the same as having Brazilians speak Spanish instead of Portuguese, but no one notices since "it all sounds the same" or something. And I suppose the day actor who is getting paid 50 bucks to be a patsy doesn't care enough to tell the people in charge that they screwed up.

Sober

Yes and I assume the old rules apply for leaked pilots in terms of posting about them.

I will say, apropos of nothing in particular (cough cough), I still don't get how in 2015 TV writers/actors/directors/producers don't understand that Cantonese and Mandarin are two different languages and not interchangeable like American and British accents. :p

I assume this would be the same as having Brazilians speak Spanish instead of Portuguese, but no one notices since "it all sounds the same" or something. And I suppose the day actor who is getting paid 50 bucks to be a patsy doesn't care enough to tell the people in charge that they screwed up.

Ah yes, I love the ol' Mandarin = Cantonese thing when it shows up. I can barely figure out Mandarin myself but damn if they don't make it obvious they're not really interchangeable.

Although I think some of the fault lies on the casting director or whoever's in charge or maybe just even that's all they could wrangle unless you're filming in "Vancouver".

But yeah those "leaked" pilots. Just looks like the same MO with Supergirl in that trying to draw the genre crowd out and prove they're worth the effort (3 of 4 anyway)

maxcriden

I don't even bother with leaked pilots anymore since it seems they're often retooled a bit by the time they air and I usually really don't wanna watch 'em twice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah yes, I love the ol' Mandarin = Cantonese thing when it shows up. I can barely figure out Mandarin myself but damn if they don't make it obvious they're not really interchangeable.

Although I think some of the fault lies on the casting director or whoever's in charge or maybe just even that's all they could wrangle unless you're filming in "Vancouver".

But yeah those "leaked" pilots. Just looks like the same MO with Supergirl in that trying to draw the genre crowd out and prove they're worth the effort (3 of 4 anyway)
I figure in vancouver or Toronto, you should be able to find day actors who can speak one or the other. It seems like the more senior guys will either try to fake it, or are able to tell people when they screwed up - anything with Tzi Ma in it for example is usually fine.

As for the pilots... well, as you said, one is definitely different from the others. lol

I don't even bother with leaked pilots anymore since it seems they're often retooled a bit by the time they air and I usually really don't wanna watch 'em twice.
I like watching the ones where there is a major cast change, like the Joey one. Even the bits of Voyager they've since officially released were kind of interesting to see.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I just watched the first episode of Reign. Sign. Me. Up. How did I not watch this when it originally aired? Now I need to get through seasons one and two before three starts in October.

TheOddOne

I just watched the first episode of Reign. Sign. Me. Up. How did I not watch this when it originally aired? Now I need to get through seasons one and two before three starts in October.
Banging-out-the-window.gif

You'll get the reference soon enough.

Joni

I keep saying it, it is the best show nobody watches.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
CW is going to have to take another hour somewhere if it wants to broadcast ask these shows in development.

Please cancel Under the Dome! I don't want to have to watch its awfulness anymore. I can't stop doing so for some reason, even though it's bastardized the book I love so much.

I don't even enjoy it.

Its that bad? The commercials made it seem so interesting.

Yes. Yes, it is. You don't even know, lol.

The book itself is great, apart from its disappointing ending. I read it a few years ago, and it's actually my personal favourite. So, when I heard that it was coming to TV, I was excited, though I figured they'd bastardize it. And they have.

The basic story is really interesting and a great character study within an interesting setting. However, instead of doing a mini-series or a one-season run, they saw how popular it was from the onset and just started making shit up.

Now, it's three seasons in and they've lost almost all semblance of King's original story. And a lot of the stuff they'd made up to get there is laughable, as is some of the acting and writing.

I just watch it because I loved the book and I've come this far. In the OT, we usually just laugh at it.

Pachimari

Alright, so I have had Penny Dreadful S1 lying around for a while and me and the girl decided to open it up and watch the pilot, and OH MY GOODNESS am I surprised my favorite Bond, Timothy Dalton, is in this and he is super cool! Rory Kinnear and Eve Green as well, great cast.

That opening shocked me a little bit, so it kept my attention, and we decided to watch the whole episode and it is just up our alley. Such an oozing atmosphere and world building. I'm excited to watch episode 2 tonight.

I wonder how many seasons it'll get and if it gets better from here on out.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That opening shocked me a little bit, so it kept my attention, and we decided to watch the whole episode and it is just up our alley. Such an oozing atmosphere and world building. I'm excited to watch episode 2 tonight.

>:) you ain't seen nothin yet!

I just read an article on Vox about Pretty Little Liars.

Holy shit, I had no idea that show was so crazy.

Me neither! Holy shit. It sounds like 'Saw: The TV Series" or something...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
@deadsouls

That's right - HBO is blowing through 2 episodes of Show Me a Hero per night and yet the only things they have scheduled for the month of September are 'Project Greenlight' and 'Doll & Em' (I believe). They're holding The Leftovers til October for some reason - I guess so they can have something to air over the last few weeks of the year along with Getting On.

I think it actually would have been a smart move for them to have aired The Knick season 1 on their main channel this fall. Maybe even air Hunted as a miniseries.

King Henry and that exquisite window fucking. Damn.

Hm?

@deadsouls

That's right - HBO is blowing through 2 episodes of Show Me a Hero per night and yet the only things they have scheduled for the month of September are 'Project Greenlight' and 'Doll & Em' (I believe). They're holding The Leftovers til October for some reason - I guess so they can have something to air over the last few weeks of the year along with Getting On.

I think it actually would have been a smart move for them to have aired The Knick season 1 on their main channel this fall. Maybe even air Hunted as a miniseries.
Looking at their schedule, they are airing movies on Sunday nights until 10 in September.

Beating the dead horse, but they really should have accepted the gift that is The Knick when Soderbergh dumped it in their lap.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alright, so I have had Penny Dreadful S1 lying around for a while and me and the girl decided to open it up and watch the pilot, and OH MY GOODNESS am I surprised my favorite Bond, Timothy Dalton, is in this and he is super cool! Rory Kinnear and Eve Green as well, great cast.

Already renewed for Season 3, and Showtime seems pretty happy with it.

I just binged Season 2 last month. It's even better than the first.

Now that I think about it, Showtime has been on a roll recently. Penny Dreadful and The Affair were very good. And Homeland Season 4 is actually decent. When did I end up watching more Showtime programs than HBO ones?! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom