• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT4| What can European men do against such reckless heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

127940.jpg

Oh my

I kind of agree. I am US born and raised and will be rooting hard as hell for the US to advance. But the patriotism gifs get annoying and obnoxious even for me after the first page. On the other side though people just like to hate the US just to hate so I say screw them also.

No one is really doing that more than any other country? I think maybe there's a difference in what 'hating' means for you guys but international football is about the #banter. There's a weird victim complex among american soccer fans that's so cute.

Jasup

Tomorrow, haven't you heard? Portugal only needs to win one game to win the WC. We'll be teaching the USA how to play football mate, or as americans like to call it "Soccer".

Oh, I thought it was some kind of poor performance art programming that's put on the late night time spot as filler.

So alright, the seating thing confuses me.

So Germany and USA have both won a game. Germany now ties.

But then I just saw on ESPN.

If USA wins, they are IN. Even if they TIE, they are IN the final 16.

Germany is not able to get in no matter what, Ghana despite a loss and a tie, is unable to get eliminated either.

So what makes it where if the USA wins or Ties they are in, despite the fact that if they tie they are 1/0/1 just like Germany?

MESA CONFUSEDA

ISOM

No one is really doing that more than any other country? I think maybe there's a difference in what 'hating' means for you guys but international football is about the #banter. There's a weird victim complex among american soccer fans that's so cute.

Maybe you don't see it from your outsiders perspective. But i've seen comments like the US should never win the world cup since they don't like football or they can't take the US seriously until they stop calling football soccer.

Pimpwerx

I'm just glad we're relevant enough for banter. :) There was a time when all US fans could legitimately hope for was a tie. PEACE.

Acorn

Germany is not able to get in no matter what, Ghana despite a loss and a tie, is unable to get eliminated either.

So what makes it where if the USA wins or Ties they are in, despite the fact that if they tie they are 1/0/1 just like Germany?

MESA CONFUSEDA
There is so much wrong here

Man, I went out to the Eakins Oval at Philly to watch the games...

Problem 1: Their Dish Network setup fucks up and we miss basically the entire second half of Ghana/Germany. Thanks Dish Network

Problem 2: A DJ comes in and they say he'll be playing music all night, and if you guys want audio with the game...too bad

SO HOME I AM

Godslay

Banned

Clearly you have it all figured out.

devilhawk

Maybe you don't see it from your outsiders perspective. But i've seen comments like the US should never win the world cup since they don't like football or they can't take the US seriously until they stop calling football soccer.
A lot of that has to do with this is ultimately a US based English language video game site.

MESA CONFUSEDA
ESPN may get a lot wrong, but that's certainly not what they said. USA needs a win to advance.

Bri

MESA CONFUSEDA
They're in if they tie because they won against Ghana I guess. Intergroup>Goal difference. Maybe?

Nesotenso

what is cute is your annoyance. I hope we get to do that more.

And I've seen post saying that England won't win another world cup or whatever but I don't get my knickers in a twist because I'm not on the England football team, and none of you are on USMNT. There's never any hate directed towards anyone.

I was also just sent this by a friend, It sums up this world cup perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbETTwwX7mQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom