• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cLOUDo

This is dumb as fuck.
At least the last season has that dron's arc, it's feels fresh
But all this is just recycling from previous seasons

Tugatrix

Moles everywhere, better call the mole expert, Tony Fucking Almeida.

The CTU agent is weak, one bullet in the vest and lays down there whinnying. Carter on the other hand of the spectrum get it by a car and stand up like "I'm cool, nothing happen".

How about the oldman Donovan is the mole?

This season of 24 is crazy. The

Also there is totally a third or even fourth mole, no way it's just the father and other guy. I think Stiles is quite possible as the CTU-based mole, but Ingram still could be. I wasn't expecting the romance subplot between the CTU analyst and the head of the squad (who's totally weak, a single bullet puts him down? Blauer got hit by a car and just kept on going like it was nothing). The kid being not dead was hilarious, but at least it means we're going to get the mandatory hospital assassination. The sensors that allowed them to immediately tell they weren't lying and to avoid the interrogation was very convenient. The complete data violation and illegality of pulling the crazy-wife's phone number was impressive, as was the wife's incredible dumbness in giving the phone to her (wtf).

Anybody have any suspicions on how many episodes from now CTU is going to be blasted in?

This is dumb as fuck.
At least the last season has that dron's arc, it's feels fresh
But all this is just recycling from previous seasons

This is also definitely true. Last season actually benefitted from the shorter format I felt. This season they just have twenty-four episodes worth of plot and have decided to just condense them all into twelve.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wasn't feeling this episode at all. Every storyline simultaneously did a backflip over the shark. And I say that as someone who was loving how ridiculous things were getting last week. There isn't even the slightest attempt to subvert expectations of what's going to happen, and the tension is created by just throwing more and more junk into the stew. Take the school storyline. Okay, they're hiding a body in the classroom. They have to keep things lowkey. Student shows up. Tension. Then they have to ratchet up the ridiculousness even more by having the kid not actually be dead and he runs out the window? Come on. That's when pulpy fun turns into just complete foolishness for me.

cLOUDo

i missed the first minutes (10 in 24 world)
how in hell he escapes with the money and how CTU's lady was free in the way to see his husband?

This season is also 12 episodes
I know; the point I'm making is that whereas the previous season felt designed and paced around being twelve episodes, this season feels like they designed it around being twenty four episodes and then condensed all of that into twelve.

EDIT: Oh and one of the 'head of the CTU special operations team' or the CTU analyst totally are going to die.

Bishop89

seeing the first episode..

JUST passed the bit that the ex CTU chick tasered the replacement guy..

I had the biggest smirk on my face, because thats classic 24 LMAO.

Edit: The blue timer sucks! #bringbackyellow

Dalek

I love this. I've missed 24 so much.

My favorite part of last night:

"He's former Special Forces!"
"Special Forces???"

*BOOOOOOM*

this_guy

The high school student rising from the dead is Kim Bauer levels of stupid.

All the 24 tropes are there, but I think the only reason I'm watching is for the return of Tony Almeida.

Jarrod38

Best scene from last night.
LsR7tsj.gif

Sloane

Banned
The thing that bothers me so far (the two stupid B plots aside) is the boring-ass MacGuffin; a list on an USB drive isn't exactly what I would call high stakes, whatever it might lead to. Time to release Tony!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm officially in on Carter as a character.

The extra shot and him just standing up like nothing happened after getting hit by a car solidified it for me.

So right. Ugh, wish Netflix or Amazon picked up this reboot so I could watch it all at once. I forgot how crazy the week to week cliffhangers are with this show!

seriously.

i watched the first 4 seasons of 24 on DVD then watched live on TV after then and man, binging was so good. waiting a week is torture!!!

Dysun

It's like a microcosm of the dumbest scenes/plotlines of the original 24. Good stuff

Also Jimmy Smits dad is an asshole in like everything he's ever been in, so that wasn't a surprise

Bishop89

before seeing the first episode yesterday, i was skeptical, but now im hooked after just the first ep.

Loved it. And no, the new guy is not as good as Bauer which is really noticeable but ill see how he develops.

Jack in the first couple episodes of season 1 was pretty meh, but then he became awesome.

This school sub-plot though, urgghh..

Why do they have to shoehorn teenagers into everything.

seriously.

i watched the first 4 seasons of 24 on DVD then watched live on TV after then and man, binging was so good. waiting a week is torture!!!

Did this with seasons 1-3 before 4 started. I liked the wait for the following weeks episode BUT I gave myself refreshers at various points (eg: I'd watch episodes 1-4 before episode 5, watch episodes 1-7 before 8 etc) giving myself mini marathons, bringing myself back up to speed. The show is even more awesome when watched in small hits or one big one (have gone through a season in the day previously).

So just watched the first episode

The blue clock and title cards are disgusting, they just don't work
Eric sucks so far
I like Rebecca

----

Still salty about them not doing a Kate Morgan spinoff instead, need more Yvonne Strahovski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom