• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan giving him the head shake.

raw

Realyn

Way too much over the top backstabbing, bribes, corruption and randomly assaulting people in this episode. I know, someone can't wait to respond with "that's 24" to that. But it doesn't has to be this crazy. Another episode or two with that pace and nothing makes sense anymore.

RS4-

Senator Bail Organa gonna get fucked, he's not gonna tell his wife about his dad.

This shit with Grimes and sleeper cell needs to get over quick.

Almeida gonna be Gabriel.

Hilarious. Get to CTU and already breaking out with stolen plans within the hour. Eric Carter is great.

I'm having a blast watching this.

Way too much over the top backstabbing, bribes, corruption and randomly assaulting people in this episode. I know, someone can't wait to respond with "that's 24" to that. But it doesn't has to be this crazy. Another episode or two with that pace and nothing makes sense anymore.

I think we're long past that stage honestly. I thought this was going to be the 'slow' episode based on the beginning; then the Senator's campaign manager was taken to CTU for interrogation and only thirty minutes later the Senator found out his father was one mole almost immediately (even if he laughably pressed his uncle) and (maybe?) freed his campaign manager; Not-Bauer's wife escaped her confines and held the crazy-girlfriend at gun point while warning her drug lord brother-in-law his girlfriend was planning on murdering him; Not-Bauer's wife was arrested, and then freed from arrest by her brother-in-law who immediately arrived on the scene; terrorist girl successfully killed her boyfriend in the hospital; the chemistry teacher is making a bomb(?); and Not-Bauer arrived in CTU, detained his debriefer with a phone cable, knocked out two CTU agents, used a smoke bomb to disable CTU for five minutes, and broke somebody 'facing the death penalty' who planned to swap terrorist information for money out of CTU so that he could arrange a plan to swap confidential CTU information for information.

In the space of four hours we've had all that, combined with an arm-long list of dramatic and ridiculous events not limited to a shoot-out in a train station, multiple assassinations of rangers and two assassination attempts, a terrorist school teacher bludgeoning a terrorist student's boyfriend's head with a floor just enough so that he could jump out of a window and make it to a football field with substantial neurological damage, a siege in a police station because acquiring money from an evidence room was the easiest way to get two million dollars, the CTU director being incapacitated, the top CTU analyst being detained and then released, somebody getting knocked down and then surviving unscathed, and a shootout in a construction site where a big concrete cylinder dangling from a rope was used to kill some terrorists.

I don't think the question of it making sense anymore depends on the pace of the next two episodes, we're already full-on in coke-ville crazy-lane with the pace of the characters.

this_guy

I think we're long past that stage honestly. I thought this was going to be the 'slow' episode based on the beginning; then the Senator's campaign manager was taken to CTU for interrogation and only thirty minutes later the Senator found out his father was one mole almost immediately (even if he laughably pressed his uncle) and (maybe?) freed his campaign manager; Not-Bauer's wife escaped her confines and held the crazy-girlfriend at gun point while warning her drug lord brother-in-law his girlfriend was planning on murdering him; Not-Bauer's wife was arrested, and then freed from arrest by her brother-in-law who immediately arrived on the scene; terrorist girl successfully killed her boyfriend in the hospital; the chemistry teacher is making a bomb(?); and Not-Bauer arrived in CTU, detained his debriefer with a phone cable, knocked out two CTU agents, used a smoke bomb to disable CTU for five minutes, and broke somebody 'facing the death penalty' who planned to swap terrorist information for money out of CTU so that he could arrange a plan to swap confidential CTU information for information.

In the space of four hours we've had all that, combined with an arm-long list of dramatic and ridiculous events not limited to a shoot-out in a train station, multiple assassinations of rangers and two assassination attempts, a terrorist school teacher bludgeoning a terrorist student's boyfriend's head with a floor just enough so that he could jump out of a window and make it to a football field with substantial neurological damage, a siege in a police station because acquiring money from an evidence room was the easiest way to get two million dollars, the CTU director being incapacitated, the top CTU analyst being detained and then released, somebody getting knocked down and then surviving unscathed, and a shootout in a construction site where a big concrete cylinder dangling from a rope was used to kill some terrorists.

I don't think the question of it making sense anymore depends on the pace of the next two episodes, we're already full-on in coke-ville crazy-lane with the pace of the characters.

You know when you think about it like that, had Carter just acted like a normal person and go to the authorities after he and his wife were almost killed in hour 1, maybe all of this could have been avoided?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Yeah...this episode really turned me off. I'm probably an episode away from dropping it and just watching Homeland this season.

Eric running ANOTHER backdoor operation with the former director, assaulting 3 CTU agents, and blacking out an entire agency in the middle of a high risk terror threat? That's a bit much. And if it was to investigate something credible, I could get why he would make those choices. But he's going after the hunch of a mentally ill junkie would literally betrayed him not even 30 minutes ago.

These aren't actions that are outside of the 24 DNA, but it's happening so fast. I think usually there would be an episode or 2 in between so the viewer wouldn't have time to think about stuff but this is all; really condensed. I was always able to excuse Jack doing this stuff because he had a familiarity with CTU and these type of situations. But committing all these serious felonies to go after a hunch that isn't even your own...that doesn't make sense to me, even for 24

Tugatrix

That candidate father clearly was up to some fuckery, oh another mole

New Terry Bauer has some moves

RIP again Male Veronica Mars, maybe you should make sure he's dead this time.

Carter going rogue and into bauer mode. he has something against police officers

P.S. I want my Tony Fucking Almeida

ZeoVGM

Banned
That candidate father clearly was up to some fuckery, oh another mole

New Terry Bauer has some moves

RIP again Male Veronica Mars, maybe you should make sure he's dead this time.

Carter going rogue and into bauer mode. he has something against police officers

P.S. I want my Tony Fucking Almeida

It's a good sign that as much as we can't wait to see Tony, it doesn't seem like many people are losing their minds over it.

Legacy is a solid show on its own. I suspect we're in for some good shit when Tony is introduced.

Tugatrix

It's a good sign that as much as we can't wait to see Tony, it doesn't seem like many people are losing their minds over it.

Legacy is a solid show on its own. I suspect we're in for some good shit when Tony is introduced.

Agreed, if the show was bad we would be demanding tony since day one and complain much more. But nope I can say this show can make it without Tony.

Edit: ory shit the promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugU0rqf80o8

golem

Man, lol at all the 'it's going too fast' comments. Like you guys actually enjoyed those filler hours we used to get! No thanks, I love the fast pace of these shorter seasons and it actually makes the good guys' bad/questionable decision making plausible since they're under the pressure all the time to get things done.

liquidtmd

Banned
Man, lol at all the 'it's going too fast' comments. Like you guys actually enjoyed those filler hours we used to get! No thanks, I love the fast pace of these shorter seasons and it actually makes the good guys' bad/questionable decision making plausible since they're under the pressure all the time to get things done.

There were many filler hours in the past true, but equally there were slower paced episodes also that genuinely added value

I think LAD worked at the pace it did because we were already vested in Bauer's history and backstory. Attempting to replicate fast paced 24 'end of last era' with a new guy and supporting cast is enjoyable (I'm having an OK time) but ultimately it feels just like that - parody 'greatest 24 tropes thrown into a blender with new guys'

As such it's very disposable and wouldn't take much for me to tune out.

Anyone else notice that when Carter looked at the blueprints on his phone, it said 5:32?

Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Ricker

The show is ok but I chuckle everytime the main guy Eric Carter goes into an attempt at losing it like Jack Bauer did... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom