• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
All caught up, and this season is just garbage. Eric isn't an interesting character and the guy playing him lacks charisma or intensity (though he tries really hard) - Jack Bauer was mostly one-dimensional in later seasons, but Kiefer was able to elevate that material. I don't care about the CTU side of things, two thirds of the season in and I still don't know their names or what the hell they do or what they care about or what moves them. Donovan had potential, but his storyline became dumb really fast. The terrorists are not interesting and Jadalla is the Eric Carter of villains - a boring character played by an uncharismatic actor. Somehow, my favorite character in this mess of a show is Isaac. Even in the most stupid situations he sells that shit and makes me like the dude.

Sober

Even my girlfriend who never watched any 24 before and is pretty lenient about the 24-ness of the show started rolling her eyes when Nicole came on screen.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
24 hasn't had much cohesion since forever.

It's almost as if you guys forgot how silly and ridiculous the show would get before. C'mon. This season is hardly different.

The Cohesion was: Jack is always right, but no one in the government ever listens, not until it's too late.

But Jack is always right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they do this exact same scenario with the bad person wanting to kill Heller in Live Another Day?

I have a feeling we're getting a silent clock tonight. My guess is Rebecca dies to allow Carter and Tony go full Bash Bros on the bin Khalids in the last two episodes.

Oozer3993

I have a feeling we're getting a silent clock tonight. My guess is Rebecca dies to allow Carter and Tony go full Bash Bros on the bin Khalids in the last two episodes.

The only real un-24-like thing this season is the reticence to bump off people. So I think you might be right. At the very least, somebody is going down before the end of the season.

I feel bad for Mullins - he's been mostly competent this whole time and he's just been continuously getting shit on from all directions.

Line_HTX

I swear the guy at the White House Mullins is talking to is the guy pointing the finger at you and going "You fucked up. Y'know that, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom