• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Guys 1UP: 02/19/2010 with Mangod himself

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
LiK said:
MS show with Garnett last week. Sony with Mangod this week. :p
If only they could have made some compromise and got both at the same time!
Hopefully there will be time for that in the coming months.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still find it hilarious that Shane knows who I am, despite the fact that his GAF persona was always lurking and never posting.

Johningame

Neo Member
I was just listening to Shane's hilarious rant on the last 1UY about how he wished he could walk and shoot in RE5 (classic). Can't wait to listen!

Man-Mother-Fucking-God!

2s6shzq.jpg

Empty

Jaffe was weirdly overly paranoid about the whole idea stealing litigious stuff, strange to me given how often game ideas are borrowed from other developers, and how easy it is to secure that stuff as Jsteveston pointed out. Also he kinda made it out like his game was a new ip with car combat, but i guess since its been a decade since the last console Twisted Metal, his comments work for a reboot too.

Shane was entertaining as always, made it pretty obvious that he still reads gaf regularly too with his rundown of FF stuff. Hope the japan podcast comes together, maybe if you talk about the nintendo media conference you can do some nintencast type thing to round out a series of three (but talk about other things too!)

Deeku

It's not updating in itunes, but I managed to download it through the itunes store.

MANGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massa

Great podcast, really enjoyed it. I just wish they had asked Jaffe about Dante's Inferno (specially when he was freaking out about getting sued and stuff :lol ) and pressured James a little bit on Resistance 3.

It was nice to hear Mangod again, as always. When they were discussing the DS2/PSP2 and Shane said he thinks the two will be more directly competing Dave asked about the PSP2 having two screens, I think it's way more likely they'll both have one big wide touchscreen.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
miladesn said:
What are they saying? I can't listen right now , please share!

Shane was the only one that played it and only played it for 6 hours. He said it's linear which he likes, battle system is great. Press doesn't reflect public opinion of the game. Lots of girls will like it. Multi platform should boost it's sales. People that want a traditional JRPG you should get White Knight Chronicles. Fans of open world should play Mass Effect. Looking forward to FFvsXIII because he loves KH and FF with a cool modern setting that will appeal to the people that don't play the "gay anime" Final Fantasy will want to play VsXIII.

Pooya

BSTF said:
Shane was the only one that played it and only played it for 6 hours. He said it's linear which he likes, battle system is great. Press doesn't reflect public opinion of the game. Lots of girls will like it. Multi platform should boost it's sales. People that want a traditional JRPG you should get White Knight Chronicles. Fans of open world should play Mass Effect. Looking forward to FFvsXIII because he loves KH and FF with a cool modern setting that will appeal to the people that don't play the "gay anime" Final Fantasy will want to play VsXIII.

thank you.

Finally got it through the iTunes store. Had to nuke the stream listing from the podcast section and resubscribe all over again. Wasn't a pain to get the rest of the episodes back in, just a nuisance.

Funny thing I noticed, the feed on the iTunes store has all of ListenUP and all of 4G1U to date, but no 1UP Yours. I wonder how that works.

john tv

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Finally got it through the iTunes store. Had to nuke the stream listing from the podcast section and resubscribe all over again. Wasn't a pain to get the rest of the episodes back in, just a nuisance.

Funny thing I noticed, the feed on the iTunes store has all of ListenUP and all of 4G1U to date, but no 1UP Yours. I wonder how that works.
You didn't have to do all that -- I just went to the store and downloaded it from the listing there and it worked. But yeah, still not acting normally either way.

Massa said:
Great podcast, really enjoyed it. I just wish they had asked Jaffe about Dante's Inferno (specially when he was freaking out about getting sued and stuff :lol ) and pressured James a little bit on Resistance 3.

It was nice to hear Mangod again, as always. When they were discussing the DS2/PSP2 and Shane said he thinks the two will be more directly competing Dave asked about the PSP2 having two screens, I think it's way more likely they'll both have one big wide touchscreen.

PSP 2 and DS 2 with no controls but a touchscreen? Thats my worst nighmare. I want to play games using goddamned BUTTONS.

john tv said:
You didn't have to do all that -- I just went to the store and downloaded it from the listing there and it worked. But yeah, still not acting normally either way.
I tried to do that, all it would do for me was stream from iTunes Store rather than let me get just get it on my own darn hard drive. My dad was giving me a weird look while I was hammering on the mouse.

Akia

Amazing episode this week. Can't wait for the 8-4 + Shane episode next week. Those are always a treat.

Massa

Trent Strong said:
PSP 2 and DS 2 with no controls but a touchscreen? Thats my worst nighmare. I want to play games using goddamned BUTTONS.

Who said anything about no controls? Obviously they'll both have at least a d-pad and buttons. The PSP2 will most likely even have 2 analogs as well.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
john tv said:

Hope you don't mind me volunteering you guys for podcasting duties next week. :D

squicken

There have been 3 games with $80 million spent that have been canceled? Holy shit! I wonder what they were.

Gotta figure one of MS's failed MMOs is among them. Maybe that EA Batman game? Some iteration of Gran Turismo?

Akia

squicken said:
There have been 3 games with $80 million spent that have been canceled? Holy shit! I wonder what they were.

Didn't Microsoft cancel the Marvel MMO with Cryptic as well?

squicken

Akia said:
Didn't Microsoft cancel the Marvel MMO with Cryptic as well?

There was the one for the OG XBOX with Level 5 (I doubt they spent that much, but who knows), Marvel, and Halo. I could see the lat two costing that much, but the context Shane said it in, you gotta figure SE was involved with at least one of the games.

Andvary

Interesting conversation with Jaffe and Shane, great podcast, I wish we could get more podcasts like this one.

Top Bottom