• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Judge supernova

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Can anything stop this guy? Rookie year through 61 games:

batting .347
22 HR
49 RBIs
.453 OBP

yankees-rays-baseball.jpg

25 years old, 6'8.... 282 lb

Guy is out here smacking nearly 500 ft homers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuKA5YRScJE

Plays a good RF. Leading the league in HRs and WAR. Leading the AL in batting average.

Leading the world in The Sandlot inspired fashion.

The guy was getting MVP chants in Anaheim tonight, and went on to hit a game winning HR. I keep expecting him to come back to earth and see pitchers adjust to him, and he keeps lighting it up. Aaron Judge is must see TV right now and it's only his rookie year.

His BABIP coming down to reality will lead to some regression. But hell, I just noticed that Kris Bryant had a .378 BABIP his rookie year so who knows.

His BABIP coming down to reality will lead to some regression. But hell, I just noticed that Kris Bryant had a .378 BABIP his rookie year so who knows.

The thing with BABIP, is even among seasoned hitters it can be funky. It ranges from .280-340 for most hitters, and that's a pretty sizable range. Charlie Blackmon is at .389, and if you thing that's way above normal, consider that last year he finished at .350, and his career number is .336. Judge's is a bit absurd right now being well over .400, but it's worth noting he was an elite prospect, and Blackmon is doing about as well but with less power. Judge could easily be something like a Blackmon with more power, which inflates BABIP.

Kill3r7

Only 4 players to slug .700 since the strike: Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Larry Walker...

🤔

Currently Judge and Trout are on pace to do so. Trout has never slugged over .600 so he is bound to come back to the mean post surgery and same thing will happen with Judge.

Dynomutt

I think he came from the same test batch as LeBron. The first models were prone to break down due to the trade off between power and agility. These issues have been worked out in the most recent "Gen M" models. Efficiency personified.

rrc1594

I think he came from the same test batch as LeBron. The first models were prone to break down due to the trade off between power and agility. These issues have been worked out in the most recent "Gen M" models. Efficiency personified.

LMAO

Yet if he was on the Marlins he'd be the 3rd best outfielder. Too bad we didn't deal Ozuna for some pitching while we had the chance.

Ridiculously impressive for a rookie and everything but Stanton was 2017s Supernova.

I was thinking about what a joyful, friendly guy Judge comes across and comparing him to my dear old and busted sourpuss, Jose Bautista.

It's impossible not to be happy for Judge and his success.

Fucking Yankee scum

TS-08

Yet if he was on the Marlins he'd be the 3rd best outfielder. Too bad we didn't deal Ozuna for some pitching while we had the chance.

Ridiculously impressive for a rookie and everything but Stanton was 2017s Supernova.

Judge is better than Stanton this year.

Top Bottom