• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

Didn't they say completing arcade mode for every character will give you enough fight money to buy 1 character? I think that's fair, especially when you can also do survival, challenges, and online battles to get money as well.

Just realized that they released the last major new info before launch on a Tuesday... before the game comes out on a Tuesday.

It's really dumb lol but I appreciate it. This and those trophy descriptions make me happy.

Would've kept my Amazon order for a PS4 stick if they had just updated the mfer and let me know when it was coming (especially considering I ordered it December damn 5th), but with this news the "cancel order" was extra hype.

JeTmAn81

Just realized that they released the last major new info before launch on a Tuesday... before the game comes out on a Tuesday.

It's really dumb lol but I appreciate it. This and those trophy descriptions make me happy.

Almost every game comes out on a Tuesday. Bison joke fail.

"lol it's coming in a few weeks after launch..."

The fiscal year rush is real.
lol yeah, I hope Gaf's excitement is an extension of its worldwide success. I'm frantically trying to beat a few of my single player games this week as I prepare for SFV. Gonna consume my life for at least a month.

Btw, I figured I would set my main Ken aside and try to go for the trophy first and get everyone to level 5. Starting out with Birdie and Karin, are you guys playing all characters first or sticking to mains?

BiggNife

lol it's coming in a few weeks after launch...

I mean, it still blows that I when I play endless lobbies with my friends during launch week I won't be able to watch any of their matches

I'm glad it'll be in by March but still it reinforces this frustrating feeling that we're getting like 80% of SFV at launch instead of all of it

I get it, launching it before end of fiscal year is a huge deal, but it still sucks

MutFox

Banned
Will PS3/PS4 controllers work native on the PC version?
In the beta they didn't, had to use KB to controller software.

Zackat

Between Street Fighter and Overwatch stuff happening again, my hype levels are on overload. Better late than never with the ps3 stick stuff, though I got my te2 months ago. Can't wait for this game!

Cool about Alex coming so soon. Anyone who played the PC beta know If an Xbone Hori RAP Hayabusa works well? I bought Ultra on steam and it didn't work with my stick at all. This, KIS3, and Pocket Rumble will hopefully guarantee my stick gets lots of use.

Moaradin

Cool about Alex coming so soon. Anyone who played the PC beta know If an Xbone Hori RAP Hayabusa works well? I bought Ultra on steam and it didn't work with my stick at all. This, KIS3, and Pocket Rumble will hopefully guarantee my stick gets lots of use.

Should work fine. I have a 360 Hori Fighting Edge and it works out of the gate. Might need the drivers though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why people are surprised with Capcom being rush with their games? It's always in case for some games..

1) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 without spectator modes
2) They had a plan for 58 characters for Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 but Boards at Capcom told them to rush the game out for Holiday so they cut good amount of contents.

I know there are few more examples but I couldn't remember it right now.

Scotia

Banned

YES!!

latest

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I mean, it still blows that I when I play endless lobbies with my friends during launch week I won't be able to watch any of their matches

I'm glad it'll be in by March but still it reinforces this frustrating feeling that we're getting like 80% of SFV at launch instead of all of it

I get it, launching it before end of fiscal year is a huge deal, but it still sucks

Would you prefer the launch was delayed so it could include spectator mode? I'd rather play something now than wait for the sake of getting everything at once.

bryt

The player level seemed to be the culmination of your level on each character you played so if you had Ryu at level 10 and Ken at level 7 your player level would be 17 (give or take a level) so theoretically if you took each character available on release to around level 13 that would be enough for the trophy. You could probably do it in under 2 weeks just grinding online a few hours a night depending on your win rate.

Thanks for the info!

What's the deal with DLC, do owners of the base game get all DLC or does it have to be purchased? I remember reading somewhere that there won't be super/ultra versions of this game.

OniBaka

You can always get the game in March instead if you want the full thing in one go.

What's the deal with DLC, do owners of the base game get all DLC or does it have to be purchased? I remember reading somewhere that there won't be super/ultra versions of this game.

You can purchase characters as they're added with real money or fight money. There won't be any revisions.

Dinjoralo

Wow, they're cranking out characters pretty fast. I'm guessing they're all at least part-way done already, because if not, that sounds like seriously tight scheduling.

So wait, does that mean most of the DLC characters could be in the for-reals story mode? Mucho cool.

Wow, they're cranking out characters pretty fast. I'm guessing they're all at least part-way done already, because if not, that sounds like seriously tight scheduling.

So wait, does that mean most of the DLC characters could be in the for-reals story mode? Mucho cool.

Killer Instinct did the exact same 1 per month thing with season 2. If Dave Lang can handle it, Capcom can!

I think we can expect most if not all of the dlc characters to be a part of the story mode. I'm betting we'll also have characters in that who aren't playable but will be dlc further down the line.

BiggNife

Would you prefer the launch was delayed so it could include spectator mode? I'd rather play something now than wait for the sake of getting everything at once.

I guess I would, honestly. I know not everyone would be happy with that, I just don't like the idea of not getting a complete product at launch.

You can always get the game in March instead if you want the full thing in one go.

Eh. I'm not that heartbroken about it, it's just annoying is all. I'm going to be practicing for tournaments and it would be dumb to put myself at a three week disadvantage because a single feature I want isn't in.

Will PS3/PS4 controllers work native on the PC version?
In the beta they didn't, had to use KB to controller software.

according to some tweets made by Mad Catz the PC version won't natively support DirectInput devices at launch... it's coming in a future update though.

Top Bottom