• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

If I recall correctly, Alex's shoulder scars in the SFIII games came from the fact that he wore his suspenders too much without a shirt (hence why you see them hanging by Alex's waist in the SFIII games). So Alex having suspenders in this game, which is supposedly about a few years before the SFIII games (probably 3 years away from 3rd Strike), makes tons of sense.

Source?

Neoxon

This is one of those things where you find out your entire life is a lie
I felt the exact same way when someone on EventHubs pointed the fact out to me.

As stated above, it was mentioned to me by someone at EventHubs. And as posted earlier in the thread...
NNK91nC.png

Scotia

Banned
I felt the exact same way when someone on EventHubs pointed the fact out to me.

Yeah, this is really weird to find out now. I never really understood why Alex would paint his shoulders, but the marks being scars makes a lot more sense.

As stated above, it was mentioned to me by someone at EventHubs. And as posted earlier in the thread...
NNK91nC.png

I might be wrong, but I think this is meant to be a joke.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Loving the new design, also a reminder of something they couldn't do in III but now can in V (due to sprites), we can finally get the bomberman jacket alt!

NNK91nC.png

It's a cool fact but I'm not sure I'm ready to accept it. In that pic, wouldn't he be just wearing overalls and not tight suspenders? When you focus on the fact that the actual art has him in overalls, you can see the terribad photoshop to the left.

kj7I8NO.png

flyingcloud11

Neo Member
I am so happy they're implementing legacy stick support for this game. Don't have the funds to shell out for a current-gen arcade stick. Now to save up for this game again Lol

Neoxon

Extra Battle was revealed as well. I don't have any for sure info, just assumptions so far as to what I think they were talking about/what I could make out of random English words being dropped in conversation over it.
But they showed this picture and it seems like you'll fight NPC Shadaloo mooks with unique movesets, and then Shin Bison at the end.
He's covered fully with overflowing Psycho Power (I imagine will be akin to how when you fought him on Alpha 3).

10632660_1307742482584681_7019066344727914383_n.jpg

Just happy I don't have to buy a new stick just yet, I'm sure I'll have to down the line but for now I can keep using my PS3/360 one.

Game keeps sounding better and better...I think it's going to bit MKX numbers now. Just not as fast. Capcom seems like they are going to deliver to both the casual player, dedicated online player, SP and MP content look good, icing on the cake would be a world tour/Quest mode where you earn items and costumes and play against difficult AI.

Neoxon

Game keeps sounding better and better...I think it's going to bit MKX numbers now. Just not as fast. Capcom seems like they are going to deliver to both the casual player, dedicated online player, SP and MP content look good, icing on the cake would be a world tour/Quest mode where you earn items and costumes and play against difficult AI.
Yeah, it seems like Capcom's playing the long-term game with Street Fighter V. Though I do think that it'll sell really well if Capcom stays true to their word in that one disc is all you'll need for the rest of the game's life.

New Alex Concept Art by @Yoshihara_Game who sketched it up while the show was going on.

Makes the Bengus art look like. . .

m5l1kLo.jpg

Yeah I see SFV as kind of embarrassing for Bengus- he had such a legacy at Capcom. I can't believe that Capcom and Sony are even putting that art on PS4 faceplates... they're either in denial or they actually think it's good.

Piccoro

Extra Battle was revealed as well. I don't have any for sure info, just assumptions so far as to what I think they were talking about/what I could make out of random English words being dropped in conversation over it.
But they showed this picture and it seems like you'll fight NPC Shadaloo mooks with unique movesets, and then Shin Bison at the end.
He's covered fully with overflowing Psycho Power (I imagine will be akin to how when you fought him on Alpha 3).

Oh man, I love this kind of extra modes in fighting games!
Reminds me of Tekken Force in T3. Adds a lot of replay value. Nice! :)

Haunts made a Capcom Unity entry explaining it... they're special boss events that earn you Fight Money.

JJD

Abel seemed to basically get ignored by the fanbase and isn't even in the follow up to the game he started in. Juri had an important role but I don't think she was intended or interpreted as the MC.

The CG intro put me under the impression that Ryu is the MC again and his rivalry with Necalli will be a big part of the story.

Yeah, Juri wasn't even in the vanilla version of 4. She's not one of the MCs.

Top Bottom