• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

SLS doesn't work on my PS4 at all. There is a chance SFV will read it? I love that pad. Saves me 150 too, as I'm just as decent with this thing as with TE I sold off.

Hmm. Did the Saturn Pad work on that Skullgirls driver for PS4?

I wish I had bought Skullgirls on sale. :/

Alex teaser?

FlimsyMadBeardeddragon.gif

it was at the end of the new trailer released just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKdbdT9Cgb4

oh i can't wait to stomp some fools with them boots

vg260

I'm still wondering if PS3/4 sticks work on the Steam version.
I thought PS3 sticks just work when plugged into PC, but they're being very coy about it by mentioning the PS3 stick driver specifically refers to the PS4 final version.

The PC version only supports X-input devices natively at launch, so no. However the game is supposed to be updated to allow D-input devices like PS3/PS4 sticks sometime after launch. Soon, hopefully.

However, you can just use some sort of remapper program in the mean time.

REGARDING PC COMPATIBILITY WITH MAD CATZ SFV Products
All PS4 controllers (the Mad Catz SFV range included) use the PlayStation 4 DS4 IC solution. They are all recognizable/working with PC but operate using d-input. SFV currently requires x-input (Xbox 360 controllers will work fine), however Capcom mentioned they will be incorporating an update to include d-input compatibility in the future.

There are workarounds to this and Capcom even posted about it on their FAQ via Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/483368526574345402/

maks

So as im understanding, the retail game is in a few peoples hands but no one has confirmed if the PS3 stick implementation is skullgirls or MKX type of implementation, correct?

Neoxon

So as im understanding, the retail game is in a few peoples hands but no one has confirmed if the PS3 stick implementation is skullgirls or MKX type of implementation, correct?
It may be a Day 1 update to patch the Lab Zero Driver into the game.

It may be a Day 1 update to patch the Lab Zero Driver into the game.

I think the patch already dropped for the review copies. I am assuming they are just retail copies at this point.

I want one outlet to just go through the process and test all the PS3 gamepad/stick options.

I canceled my madcatz pad until I test to see if my Saturn USB pad doesn't work.

Since it works on the PS4 Ultra SFIV game i'm hoping this patch fixes it

Blues1990

I don't know about you guys, but with maining Alex in both SFIII: Strike & Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, I can't wait to Hyper Bomb some fools back to 1999.

Scotia

Banned
Like he ever managed to actually take it in the first place. I bet most don't even realize Alex was supposed to be the MC.

He definitely took it in the SF3 games. Ryu did nothing important in those games and it was very much Alex's story and the build-up to Alex vs Gill. It was made pretty clear in the SF3 games that Alex was the new main protagonist. When it comes to people not knowing that in recent times, you can blame Capcom for shelving the character for nearly 20 years.

Dremark

Banned
He definitely took it in the SF3 games. Ryu did nothing important in those games and it was very much Alex's story and the build-up to Alex vs Gill. It was made pretty clear in the SF3 games that Alex was the new main protagonist. When it comes to people not knowing that in recent times, you can blame Capcom for shelving the character for nearly 20 years.

I don't think anyone I knew who played SF3 when it was the most recent game knew without me telling them.

Honestly Ryu as main character felt forced past the first game but I can't imagine anyone legitimately taking the spotlight away from him. Which is unfortunate as that basically means we're stuck with Satsui no Hadou as that's basically the only way for them to give him a storyline.

Scotia

Banned
I don't think anyone I knew who played SF3 when it was the most recent game knew without me telling them.

Honestly Ryu as main character felt forced past the first game but I can't imagine anyone legitimately taking the spotlight away from him. Which is unfortunate as that basically means we're stuck with Satsui no Hadou as that's basically the only way for them to give him a storyline.

It is unfortunate that Ryu is now the defualt main character for every game. I still kinda like him, but his story hasn't changed in forever. It's obvious that the last thing Ryu has to do is defeat Akuma and beat the Satsui no Hado (which, in SF3, is implied he does). Once that's done, what else can Ryu do? I think Capcom know this, that's why they're dragging this story out. We've seen a post Dark Hado Ryu in SF3 and he's a boring character.

Mizerman

It is unfortunate that Ryu is now the defualt main character for every game. I still kinda like him, but his story hasn't changed in forever. It's obvious that the last thing Ryu has to do is defeat Akuma and beat the Satsui no Hado (which, in SF3, is implied he does). Once that's done, what else can Ryu do? I think Capcom know this, that's why their dragging this story out. We've seen a post Dark Hado Ryu in SF3 and he's a boring character.

That's up to the writers. They'll just have to improve if they wanna make the characters compelling enough.

It is unfortunate that Ryu is now the defualt main character for every game. I still kinda like him, but his story hasn't changed in forever. It's obvious that the last thing Ryu has to do is defeat Akuma and beat the Satsui no Hado (which, in SF3, is implied he does). Once that's done, what else can Ryu do? I think Capcom know this, that's why they're dragging this story out. We've seen a post Dark Hado Ryu in SF3 and he's a boring character.
He isn't though? Abel/Juri are the main characters in 4 and if the CG opening is any indication V is Nash's gig.

Scotia

Banned
That's up to the writers. They'll just have to improve if they wanna make the characters compelling enough.

Here's hoping. It kinda feels like a one step forward, two steps back thing with Ryu. They do something really cool with him that is either full of potential interesting storylines or cool designs (Becoming Oro's student/Hot Ryu design that makes him less dull) and then do something to prevent either from going anywhere (Not continuing with the Oro storyline/Making Hot Ryu a pre-order costume and keeping his dull default outfit).

He isn't though? Abel/Juri are the main characters in 4 and if the CG opening is any indication V is Nash's gig.

He kind of shares the role of main character now. The 'new' main character of the game has their own storyline but it almost always gets overshadowed by whatever Ryu's doing.

Of course it's debatable but that's how I interpret things.

Dremark

Banned
It is unfortunate that Ryu is now the defualt main character for every game. I still kinda like him, but his story hasn't changed in forever. It's obvious that the last thing Ryu has to do is defeat Akuma and beat the Satsui no Hado (which, in SF3, is implied he does). Once that's done, what else can Ryu do? I think Capcom know this, that's why their dragging this story out. We've seen a post Dark Hado Ryu in SF3 and he's a boring character.

Yeah, I don't dislike Ryu, but he's just a very poor fit as a main character because he's pretty much resolved as a main character at the point he really started to have a personality. He lives for battle and fights to get stronger and since he's already there he has no real way or reason for his personality/character to develop.

Satsui no Hado was kind of a bandaid for this as it added conflict to it but it's gotten dragged out so far it stopped being interesting a long time ago

Honestly I think just about any other character would be a better fit than Ryu, I cannot think of a single character who has basically everything resolved and figured out to the extent he does. Even a character like Sean who technically is trying to do the same thing as Ryu (Improve as a fighter) is more interesting as he really had to prove himself and has more in the way of tangible goes to reach.

Edit: Actually Ken is pretty much in the same boat as Ryu, but he's at least a little more three dimensional as he has Eliza and Mel around.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Anyone have any idea if a ps4 stick will work on a ps3? I realize I might be a few days too early with this question, but if I'm going to pay a decent chunk of change for a stick, I'd like to play some 3rd strike too.

Please capcom/Sony, bring 3rd strike, alpha trilogy and some street fighter 2 collection to ps4.

Anyone have any idea if a ps4 stick will work on a ps3? I realize I might be a few days too early with this question, but if I'm going to pay a decent chunk of change for a stick, I'd like to play some 3rd strike too.

Please capcom/Sony, bring 3rd strike, alpha trilogy and some street fighter 2 collection to ps4.
Pretty sure it won't unless it's a PS3/PS4 compatible stick

Scotia

Banned
Yeah, I don't dislike Ryu, but he's just a very poor fit as a main character because he's pretty much resolved as a main character at the point he really started to have a personality. He lives for battle and fights to get stronger and since he's already there he has no real way or reason for his personality/character to develop.

Satsui no Hado was kind of a bandaid for this as it added conflict to it but it's gotten dragged out so far it stopped being interesting a long time ago

Honestly I think just about any other character would be a better fit than Ryu, I cannot think of a single character who has basically everything resolved and figured out to the extent he does. Even a character like Sean who technically is trying to do the same thing as Ryu (Improve as a fighter) is more interesting as he really had to prove himself and has more in the way of tangible goes to reach.

Edit: Actually Ken is pretty much in the same boat as Ryu, but he's at least a little more three dimensional as he has Eliza and Mel around.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of this. Satsui no Hado and Akuma are stale as hell now and it looks like they're still dragging it out by adding Necalli (but I can't say much until I play the game myself). I think Ryu would work better as a Scorpion-like role in Street Fighter: He's there, he interacts with other characters but other characters take the spotlight. He's still the face of the game, but it's not all about him.

EDIT: Yeah Ken can be the same, but you're right in saying the addition of Eliza and Mel make him a stronger character. I'm surprised Capcom haven't thrown in a family member in the games for Ryu.

Top Bottom