• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

Kinda wild that Alex is first

He's probably the only DLC character that I'm actually gonna use

*Flash Chop Fist Bump*

ee012faf150c0e15ba61377ebbf076a6.jpg

Kumubou

I'm happy to see Alex coming so soon, but 100k FM is way too much to ask from most people. Gonna get ready for the grind because I want to powerbomb suckers as soon as possible.
There's a trophy for earning 1,000,000 FM. So either the grind isn't going to be as bad as it seems, the price is wrong for the character or that trophy is going to be absurdly grindy to get (or some combination thereof).

I understand this being an issue for TO's.

having two ds4's and a usb hub hooked up for every setup is going to be annoying.

There's a trophy for earning 1,000,000 FM. So either the grind isn't going to be as bad as it seems, the price is wrong for the character or that trophy is going to be absurdly grindy to get (or some combination thereof).
It'll probably be a combination. All I know is that I'm going 100% in on the online. You can play single player whenever, but those sweet fight monies are going to be plentiful for the first month with all the newbies playing.

amnesiac

Wait I don't get why everyone is bummed about having to have a Ds4 connected also. Was it really bad in USFIV or something? I can see it being an issue at tournaments but home players should be fine right?

Wait I don't get why everyone is bummed about having to have a Ds4 connected also. Was it really bad in USFIV or something? I can see it being an issue at tournaments but home players should be fine right?

I don't even use my DS4 cord anymore. They charge wirelessly on a mount on my PS4, and I really don't want more cords running through my living room for people to trip on than just the stick.

I also don't want to turn my DS4 on just to waste batteries to play on my stick.

I'll keep using my shitty Hori for now and when a price drop happens to MadCatz TE's for PS4 I'll hop aboard.

It's well annoying, I play SF every week and I still have to get someone else to run the ps4 arcade stick + ps3 arcade stick set up because I always do it wrong.

I end up with one stick controlling both p1 and p2 everytime

pizzacat

Banned
iirc there is a bit of input lag on PS3 sticks and pads on Ultra port, I remember not being able to get a hit after E Ryus m axe kick and then being able to do it easy after buying my RAP4

For me this is a non-issue for TO's on the other hand oh boy

SephLuis

I hope they make a character video for all DLC characters. Those were hype.

Also, did they confirmed that it was going to be a character each month ?
And did they said anything about the price in fight money ?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Cool beans. Nice to get an SF3 rep so early, and great news about not needing a new stick for the console version.

Wow, yes yes yes! Such great news.

I'm looking forward to Urien, but might just try and get Alex for fun. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to earn those points.

Damn, I was hesitant about dropping 50quid on the digital version day 1, but this might sway me...

Ravidrath

I can now confirm, BTW, that this is using Lab Zero's stick driver.

Curious to see how they actually implemented our tech.

The legacy controller notification makes me hopeful that they might've adhered more closely to our implementation guidelines, which means the DS4 stuff shouldn't be as bad.

After USF4's release, we put together a brief outline on what we felt the best way to implement this was and sent that to Capcom in hopes of avoiding some of those problems with other games' implementations.

RedAssedApe

Banned

The legacy controller notification makes me hopeful that they might've adhered more closely to our implementation guidelines, which means the DS4 stuff shouldn't be as bad.

After USF4's release, we put together a brief outline on what we felt the best way to implement this was and sent that to Capcom in hopes of avoiding some of those problems with other games' implementations.

so was this in the works for awhile and they just decided to keep quiet for whatever reason? (conspiracy theory to sell more sfv sticks) :)

Vitacat

I haven't followed these details.

So, we won't be able to just plug our PS3 arcade stick into the PS4 USB port? Not sure how this is supposed to work...

Guymelef

so was this in the works for awhile and they just decided to keep quiet for whatever reason? (conspiracy theory to sell more sfv sticks) :)

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a reality, was the same for USF4. They tried to sell as much SF licensed sticks as they can before game release.

I haven't followed these details.

So, we won't be able to just plug our PS3 arcade stick into the PS4 USB port? Not sure how this is supposed to work...

Again... you have to register the PS3 controller on options.

HardRojo

That's good to hear, hopefully this time around it'll work much better. Thanks for providing the driver, you guys have helped me be able to play both USF4 and now SFV with my 5 year old Round 2 :D

Sandfox

Well I guess I'm back to buying the PS4 version.

It's probably fine for home play and online but yeah I can see PS3 sticks being banned for tournaments, which is fine too. Since I'm just gonna be an online guy it should be OK for me
Well the converters are a thing and I'm guessing certain custom boards will come out with a solution at some point unless one of the companies in charge steps in and does something.

Top Bottom