• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

I'm glad it'll be in by March but still it reinforces this frustrating feeling that we're getting like 80% of SFV at launch instead of all of it

I get it, launching it before end of fiscal year is a huge deal, but it still sucks

Fiscal year isn't the only issue...earlier release also helps the community majors and the Capcom Pro Tour.

No tourney wants to be the one BEFORE SF5 launches. Final Round and every post SF5 tourney will get a huge boost in interest and entrants...also CPT requires the game to be out as early as possible.

In the long run, February release is for the best (especially when all the updates will be free).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I guess I would, honestly. I know not everyone would be happy with that, I just don't like the idea of not getting a complete product at launch.
That is completely irrational.

Rather than wishing something worse happened for everyone, why not wait to buy it until it has what you need for it to feel complete?

And given the plans for content roll-out, it will not technically be complete for years. Does that bother you too?

latest

Hypaaa Bomb!

For capcom
1414071630790861895.gif

Santar

Would be nice if all these games that support the ps3 arcade sticks on the PS4 would also suppoert the regular Dualshock 3. I prefer it over the DS4 for fighting games.
Apparently it only works with arcade sticks, at least MK X only did.

Frimaire

Damn, now I'm conflicted... I can only run the game on like the lowest settings on my computer.
Now that arcade stick compatibility isn't an issue, maybe I should cancel and get it on the ps4...
Great news all around regardless.

Would be nice if all these games that support the ps3 arcade sticks on the PS4 would also suppoert the regular Dualshock 3. I prefer it over the DS4 for fighting games.
Apparently it only works with arcade sticks, at least MK X only did.

I think judging by the options, as long as you can plug it in via the USB you should be fine.

Damn, now I'm conflicted... I can only run the game on like the lowest settings on my computer.
Now that arcade stick compatibility isn't an issue, maybe I should cancel and get it on the ps4...
Great news all around regardless.

The majority of player base is going to be on the ps4 but unless you got SFV super cheap on PC go with that

That info is confusing. The headline says the 11th, the text then says the 10th at 11:00 JT (which is tonight) but the following line says it's tomorrow night in the US. There's a typo somewhere.

It's in 29 hours. That makes it simpler right?

I'm hoping now we have Alex confirmed that we can get a trailer.

Yesssssssss, my SF3 main is the first! Guessing the picture lineup is their release date order then maybe? Anyway, since this is SFV and a lot of the older characters had changes, I hope they don't change Alex too much and keep his play style similar to his SF3 version. Also I didn't think they'd do the KI style 1 month/1 character thing but I'm up for it since it always generates hype and keeps the game feeling new every month. Kinda makes me believe that they already finished some characters(Balrog was played last year IIRC) but ehh, if this schedule keeps up, I hope they can add more characters beyond the 6 to their S1.

Lulubop

That info is confusing. The headline says the 11th, the text then says the 10th at 11:00 JT (which is tonight) but the following line says it's tomorrow night in the US. There's a typo somewhere.

Capcom Pro talk with Mike Ross is tonight, they will be revealing CPT information.

Tomorrow at the same time is a Japanese launch event. There you go. I doubt an Alex trailer will be shown tonight on Capcom pro talk.

Here is where it will be streamed tomorrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTZK7ss5xg

If you click on it, it has a countdown to when it starts.

The Mike Ross Capcom Pro Talk thing is totally different. That will be on Capcom Fighters TODAY.

FaintDeftone

Maaaan why did I have to buy a 360 fightstick last gen? All of these fighting games on PS4 have backwards compatibility. Sucks :(

BiggNife

That is completely irrational.

Rather than wishing something worse happened for everyone, why not wait to buy it until it has what you need for it to feel complete?

And given the plans for content roll-out, it will not technically be complete for years. Does that bother you too?

Oh whatever. You're getting too worked up over this. I just wish spectating was at launch, and I think the game feels incomplete without it. That's all.

Kei-

Sorry if it's been answered already. I know earlier in the thread, there was some question as to the legitimacy of the PS3 stick confirmation, has it been confirmed by another source? I know the Alex one is confirmed by the official SFV twitter. Thanks.

SF5 twitter also confirmed ps3 stick compatability.

Great news, thank you.

Producer

Sorry if it's been answered already. I know earlier in the thread, there was some question as to the legitimacy of the PS3 stick confirmation, has it been confirmed by another source? I know the Alex one is confirmed by the official SFV twitter. Thanks.

SF5 twitter also confirmed ps3 stick compatability.

Dinjoralo

I think we can expect most if not all of the dlc characters to be a part of the story mode. I'm betting we'll also have characters in that who aren't playable but will be dlc further down the line.

I mean like, actually being playable/fightable in the story. That'd be a cool way to see how the characters play without paying for them, just having them playable in one, specific match.

Durden77

Whoa cool! Did not expect that. So I guess they're going by the order of the silhouettes after all.

WHICH MEAN GUILE WILL BE HERE TO SAVE US ALL SOON.

Also where are people getting the one character a month thing? When I click the link it just says it cannot be found.

Also as happy as I am for getting the game now....no spectator mode at launch? Fucking really? This is one of the most important features of fighting games and Capcom always seems to fuck it up at first.

Skilletor

Watch folks put only ps4

If they don't have a PC ranking similar to USF4, I definitely will do this when playing online on PS4. Almost all of my bad matches were vs. PC players last beta, and I have to wonder how much of that was people trying to run it on systems that couldn't handle the game.

Doomguy84

Maaaan why did I have to buy a 360 fightstick last gen? All of these fighting games on PS4 have backwards compatibility. Sucks :(

Im right there with u, that and the fact I love From Software after Dark Souls on 360..curse u moron 2010 self for buying a 360 instead of a PS3!

What's the deal with DLC, do owners of the base game get all DLC or does it have to be purchased? I remember reading somewhere that there won't be super/ultra versions of this game.

You'll be able to purchase DLC characters through zenny (money that you'll earn by playing the game) or with actual cash. At launch the way you'll earn zenny is by playing through either single player content or by winning online ranked matches. Matt said that if you play through most of the single player content you'll have enough for the first DLC character and probably have some left over. The March update will add Alex and also daily/weekly challenges. Completing those will earn you additional fight money. That's one way they're going to reward you for playing the game regularly.

RedAssedApe

Banned
kind of weird that he's a character in the bg when he's the first dlc character out of the gate but i'm all for more grapplers.

Durden77

You'll be able to purchase DLC characters through zenny (money that you'll earn by playing the game) or with actual cash. At launch the way you'll earn zenny is by playing through either single player content or by winning online ranked matches. Matt said that if you play through most of the single player content you'll have enough for the first DLC character and probably have some left over. The March update will add Alex and also daily/weekly challenges. Completing those will earn you additional fight money. That's one way they're going to reward you for playing the game regularly.

Zenny is actually the real money currency you can buy. Fight Money is the stuff you earn in game. Both can be used to get characters, but it seems like there might be some non-gameplay related things you'll only be able to buy with Zenny.

kewlmyc

Watch folks put only ps4

I know I will

If they don't have a PC ranking similar to USF4, I definitely will do this when playing online on PS4. Almost all of my bad matches were vs. PC players last beta, and I have to wonder how much of that was people trying to run it on systems that couldn't handle the game.

I'm already preparing to do this.

Was the final beta really that bad? I played on PC and most of my matches were against PS4 users and minus a few fights against people outside of my country, my matches had no lag.

kind of weird that he's a character in the bg when he's the first dlc character out of the gate but i'm all for more grapplers.

I hope the event handler to remove him from the map doesn't trigger and u can have Alex v Alex mirrors with a 3rd Alex in the background lmao - just like prerelase Ultra SF4 with Hugo

Simo

Was the final beta really that bad? I played on PC and most of my matches were against PS4 users and minus a few fights against people outside of my country, my matches had no lag.

Not for me. I was on PS4 and I think my match ratio was 60/40 with the majority being PC players and it was super smooth with 2 minor exceptions where one match the opponent's internet went laggy, and he apologized after, and the other was either I got lag switched or the opponents internet went to shit. Both of those times were PS4 players too.

Wallach

I never saw any noticeable difference. Had a few bad matches from both platforms. Probably dudes trying to play off PS4's shitty wi-fi on that side.

Top Bottom