• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

SFV_SeasonPass.jpg
Is this an official image?

Because I was under the impression that Rog was the first person to the left, Urien is the hooded person, and Alex is all the way to the right.

I mean, it doesn't really benefit them to say it. It's just a nice perk for legacy people. They gotta sell sticks, man

No doubt. But they were going to lose game sales. I understand why the announcement is late and am happy it was announced. But if I had bought a $250 stick when I have my 2 perfectly good TE sticks that I tricked out and modded myself...well I just wasn't going to do it which meant PC only for me. I love some Street Fighter, but I don't love it @ $300+ (TE2 stick + game). I can't play fighters with a pad, so it was going to be PC or not at all. Now, yea just deciding which to pre-order.

Will all the pre-order costumes be made available through other channels at some point soon?

That's not much, really. After just playing the beta for maybe like five hours in total over two days I already had like 20k, IIRC.

That is if they keep the same amount of money you earn for wins and what not.

It seems that it will only really be the dedicated and/or the highly skilled players that will make that money.

DrArchon

You wait until two weeks before SF5 comes out to tell me that I didn't need a new fightpad

It's not like they could've told you when the game was announced. That'd be a great way to piss off Madcatz. They had to wait for people to preorder their fancy new SFV sticks and pads before they announced this.

That is if they keep the same amount of money you earn for wins and what not.

It seems that it will only really be the dedicated and/or the highly skilled players that will make that money.

You do know that you can gain money from doing the story mode, survival and there will be other challenges as well.

Jawmuncher

How can you even say that when we don't know how fast you get it?

Yes.

There will be daily challenges and shit, shouldn't be that hard, I guess

It's official

That's not much, really. After just playing the beta for maybe like five hours in total over two days I already had like 20k, IIRC.

Outside of daily challenges depending on what they are, I'm not too heavy into Ranked playing. I lost every match I played on the beta. So I don't see being able to get more than one character. Since I did hear the first batch of SP stuff was supposed to total enough for one character.

Ken

People pay upfront on preordered peripherals?

Oh I guess Hori has PS4 sticks out already, huh. Can always write those off for GG!

NotLiquid

I just need to know whether the PC version will support DInput since the beta didn't have it.

That said I might settle for the PS4 version regardless since the PC beta shut down on me intermittently with no error prompt and I seemed to be the only one having the issue.

masizzai

Congrats to all the ps3 stick users, but I feel like capcom are the only ones that can get away with no spectator mode at launch in 2016. That's probably the largest part of what I do in fighting games so this is very disappointing.

Wallach

Congrats to all the ps3 stick users, but I feel like capcom are the only ones that can get away with no spectator mode at launch in 2016. That's probably the largest part of what I do in fighting games so this is very disappointing.

The ability to browse and view match replays was part of the beta, so while you might not be able to spectate live right away you should still be able to browse and watch a whole shitload of online matches in-game.

DrArchon

Oh, fuck. Now I'm even more interested in how Rog is. He's rocking the illuminati symbol, no?

Looks like it. I'm thinking they could release him post-story mode to have that make sense. If the CG trailer is true and
Nash kills Bison
, Rog could've jumped ship and found a new employer.

Raijinken

You could earn fight money from the last beta, right? Does anyone happen to remember how much you earn from winning and losing a match?

PS3 stick compatible, eh?

Well now I have no choice but to buy the game. Between this and the trailer from yesterday, I'm pretty hyped now.

Devil

You wait until two weeks before SF5 comes out to tell me that I didn't need a new fightpad

Wasn't the new MC Fightpad just recently delayed anyway for about 1-2 weeks after SF5 launch? Enough time to cancel the order.

Hobobloke

PS3 stick support is great news, shame it only came now considering I Just bought a TE2 to ensure it was here for release. Oh well, at least I'll have a 2 player setup at home without needing to mod any of my other sticks.

masizzai

The ability to browse and view match replays was part of the beta, so while you might not be able to spectate live right away you should still be able to browse and watch a whole shitload of online matches in-game.
Yeah and that's fantastic, but spectator lobbies are the best online community aspect there is. Anyway, the hype is still real and the beta was soooo much fun I cant wait.

Hellsing

Cool, that means I can also use my Wii U FightStick on SFV now. I bought the Chun-Li one thinking it might not have been an option but I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom