• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

Wasn't the new MC Fightpad just recently delayed anyway for about 1-2 weeks after SF5 launch? Enough time to cancel the order.

The MadCatz thread shows that someone just bought one at a Frys.

I am almost tempted by the new wired fightpad but kinda want to use my old Chun-Li one.

Edit: Maybe this will work with Saturn USB pads?!

So if Alex is first, perhaps this picture really does line up with the release order.

SFV_SeasonPass.jpg

Alex - March
Guile - April
Balrog - May
Ibuki - June
Juri - July
Urien - August

If Alex is first it kind of makes sense to have it in that order to break up the 3S dudes. I was most hype to see Urien in this game but Alex is cool too.

Just in terms of single player content, this is how much you'll have to do to earn enough Fight Money to buy a single character

One of the most important core values is that all post-launch gameplay content is going to be earnable with fight money or delivered to the player for free.

Players are going to be able to earn fight money through playing single-player content that’s available. If you complete any of the character stories, you’ll earn fight money. If you complete survival mode with different characters, you’ll earn fight money. If you level up individual characters, every time you reach a new level, you’ll get some fight money.

On top of that, if you just play online in a ranked battle, every time you get a win, you’ll be able to generate some fight money. If you play through all of the single-player content, or just a majority of it, you should be able to earn enough money to get the first DLC character for free, if not more money on top of that.

Our in-game story will launch in March. This gives our players about a month’s time frame to play through the single-player content and earn enough fight money before content becomes available.

Street Fighter V does not have any day-one DLC. No content is going to be available on day one, with fight money or zenny [Street Fighter V’s in-game currency]. Once the store opens, content will be added, and we’ll also be adding our daily challenges. [Those are] specific goals that players need to accomplish on a daily or weekly basis, which will also give them a boost of fight money. That’s coming with the in-game store because this is a model that’s there to provide long-term sustainability and a way to earn fight money in the long term.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/26/s...inori-ono-matt-dahlgren-take-on-monetization/

That seems reasonable to me.

Damn, just when I gave in and ordered a Ps4 stick... well I just paid it 110 Eur and can always send it back to Amazon. Could also be that I'll find it more comfortable, since it's a Hori Kai compared to my current V3 SA, so with different parts and layout (from my simulations, I expect the new lever placement to be ergonomically better with stick on lap).

delSai

A while ago i told myself i'd buy the game once Alex is out.
Oh well, guess i wont wait too long if the news is true.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Whoa, I didn't even know you could get the DLC characters with FM. I wonder how quickly you can gain FM if you're terrible at the game.

The beta never lined up well with my schedule, so I was unable to play it at all.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I assume we'll be able to fight online against characters that we don't unlock, but what about in single player? Will I be able to fight Alex in the story mode or in training mode? Capcom could either see that as a way to advertise new characters to people or they could see it as giving too much away for free.

PS3 stick compatibility is the best news I've heard all morning. That means I won't have to buy a new one on release-day at the very least. I'll be rocking the original TE for a little while longer.

unless completing all the single player content means completing it with every single character.

Why wouldn't it? You can't expect them to just give you the characters more or less. You're going to have to put in work. They made that clear early on. This is meant to be a reward for players that continually play the game.

BiggNife

You wait until two weeks before SF5 comes out to tell me that I didn't need a new fightpad

Well, yeah

They did the same thing with USF4 PS4

Gotta make as much money on those sponsored sticks as they can

It's kinda scummy but at least they're actually doing it

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Hugs Qanba Q4 *

So friggin' hype for SFV!

I thought it was supposed to be one new character every two months. Is this source legitimate?
Meristation is a well know magazine/website, i think they posted the article a bit too early.
Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross will be announcing CPT and stuff tonight.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

DIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYY!!!!
Durante la beta jugue con gente de Chile, USA y Brazil y el netcode funcionaba de perillas el %80 de las veces!!!

#TeamZangief #RedCyclone #SovietWrasslinBestWrasslin

Bazza

PS3 stick compatibility is what I have been waiting to hear, nearly cancelled my pre-order the other day as well, I would have been skipping fighting games on the PS4 if I had to replace my 2 PS3 TE sticks.

Why wouldn't it? You can't expect them to just give you the characters more or less. You're going to have to put in work. They made that clear early on. This is meant to be a reward for players that continually play the game.

Then the game shouldn't be $60.

This game is launching with an extremely light amount of content. I shouldn't have to put in a ton of work to unlock the DLC. I don't mind if I have to put in some work but if I'm having to grind for dozens of hours to unlock a single character, that's bullshit. And if I choose to pay for the season pass instead, I'm basically paying $80 for the amount of content that would have normally been given to me in a $60 fighting game.

Splatoon, for all of its issues, handled this better. If you're going to launch your game like this, it needs free DLC post-launch and that DLC needs to be easy to obtain. I'm almost certainly waiting for a price drop now.

I realize many in this thread will disagree with me and that's totally fine.

Dizzy-4U

DIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYY!!!!
Durante la beta jugue con gente de Chile, USA y Brazil y el netcode funcionaba de perillas el %80 de las veces!!!

#TeamZangief #RedCyclone #SovietWrasslinBestWrasslin
Neat. My internet is a lot better than a few years ago so it should be decent enough.

bonkeng

PS3 Sticks compatibility.

Does this mean I can use any ps3 sticks on PS4? If that's the case, I'll buy this on PS4 instead of PC. I've got 2 sticks on ps3 that I can also use on PC.

Top Bottom