• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Oscar Nominees to receive a gift bag worth $200k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

Is the Israel trip even sponsored by the Israeli government or does it perhaps come from a private travel agency?

nib95

Banned
My point was I don't really disagree with your feelings on the Israeli government's actions. But I do think that being so petty as to attack the very idea of people going to Israel on vacation is working against your goal.

I have no issue at all with people going to Israel. In fact I plan to visit myself at some point. But I don't think it's a sensible idea including this as a mass free gift to hugely influential Oscar attendees given the extreme political climate and nature of on going (internationally condemned and illegal) policies.

Matt

I have no issue at all with people going to Israel. In fact I plan to visit myself at some point. But I don't think it's a sensible idea including this as a mass free gift to Oscar attendees given the extreme political climate and nature of on going (internationally condemned and illegal) policies.

Once again, in no way is this a "mass free gift to Oscar attendees."

Chunky

You know I tried, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend several million dollars. Throwing bagfuls of pointless trinkets at multimillionaires was definitely the best decision.

Matt

You know I tried, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend several million dollars. Throwing bagfuls of pointless trinkets at multimillionaires was definitely the best decision.

...do you think someone buys the stuff in the bags to give to Oscar nominees? Because that's not how it works.

Kinyou

It's all advertisement. That there's a news story that details what exactly the celebrities get is already a win for them.

Matt

There's got to be at least a few dozen nominees surely? Is that not enough to be considered a mass?

25. Considering over 3,000 should be attending the awards, I would't say that's a "mass free gift to Oscar attendees."

It's all advertisement. That there's a news story that details what exactly the celebrities get is already a win for them.

the gross thing is it's basically harmless as far as advertisement goes because it's so blatant.

the trip to Israel is so baffling though

nib95

Banned
25. Considering about 3,000 should be attending the awards, I would't say that's a "mass free gift to Oscar attendees."

Fair enough. I should have said nominees instead of attendees. Still a lot of them though, and definitely some influential people among them. Be interesting to see how many take up the free trip.

Dex815

With an Oscar shaped dildo which he will use for torturing himself.

image.php

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If these people wanted any of that stuff they would have had it many times already.

I wish teachers got pampered or even recognized half as good as modern day royalty.

Teachers deserve all the sex toys in the world for their service to society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom