• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

cabot

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

BURN BABY BURN, DISCO INFERNO
BURN BABY BURN, BURN THAT MOTHER DOWN
BURN BABY BURN, DISCO INFERNO
BURN BABY BURN, BURN THAT MOTHER DOWN

....burn?

Hobohodo

A thought did enter my mind, could El Topo have been lying about a failed N1 kill as a final 'fuck you' to town? I know it's something we can't really verify but I felt it worth mentioning.

@Kris: Well for starters we need Mazre to even show up.

cabot

A thought did enter my mind, could El Topo have been lying about a failed N1 kill as a final 'fuck you' to town? I know it's something we can't really verify but I felt it worth mentioning.

Possibly but it was a thread he kept with from his initial claim and followed through. His second claim still remains 100% true from the information we gathered and he specifically mentions going for Roy in N1:

3)
First night I targeted roytheone, but nothing happened and I kept my arrow. The second night I targeted him again, this time successfully. I'm somewhat sorry about that roy, but then again you were the backup for the doctor, which kinda would have went against my role, so it was actually a bit lucky. Why roy? Nothing personal, seems like a wonderful guy. In all honesty, well...Palmer claimed I had forgotten about him. Also I didn't want to kill any new or inactive player and other reasonable targets were on a mission.

Logical Standpoint - Squidy says if he survives 2mrw, all people on the mission are automatically not KGB (QB/Kris/Maz). We would have to lynch Squidy to prove his role because there is still a slight chance he could be lying. He even threatened to NOT use his power. So we wouldn't even know if he used his power or not.

Eze: What the hell are you doing? I was with you as town but your weird spat with squidy which is only anti-town at this point is very suspicious. Couple with the fact you've been so eager to stay alive until the end (again an action which in itself is anti-town) you are looking very fucking bad to me.

I wanted you on the mission, I'll lynch squidy the next day if I have to. I thought squidy was being far too suspicious of you initially, but your reaction has only confirmed his doubts. You've not been useless in this game, but there's been a clear difference between this and AC to the point where it's noteworthy of a potentially different alignment/role. I'd also consider today's behaviour to be strictly against town interests.

Your trust in squidy and I is admirable, but squidy hasn't quite been cleared yet. While I think it's extremely unlikely he will flip as something other than town, I can't say I am 108% certain of that.
Squidy is the one that came after me. Has been for like a day phase and a half now. Even with no counterclaim, being cleared by a cop, he still comes after me. I can't defend myself? He planted the seeds of doubt about not trusting me. Gorlak kill Darryl. Then tries to use that as ammo to try and say I'm the Godfather?

I'd also consider today's behaviour to be strictly against town interests.
How is it anything but pro town? I offered a plan that would clear 3 ppl of being KGB and I would risk my life testing the other group to see if there was a HP left.

Your trust in squidy and I is admirable, but squidy hasn't quite been cleared yet. While I think it's extremely unlikely he will flip as something other than town, I can't say I am 108% certain of that.
This was the purpose of everything I did today. To prove that squidy ISN'T 100% in the clear yet. He didn't bother to answer any questions

It was mainly going after Ezekel which had me, though as I pointed out, if anything Ezekel has only incriminated himself with his behaviour.
You don't find it odd that Squidy actively dodged the questions I asked and said he wasn't even going to use his powers? None of that seems the slightest bit of anti town to you?

YesNo, from the beginning I have believed that Ezekel took advantage of the night one no-kill to make an unverifiable role claim sans lynch and has been doing whatever it takes to survive. That implies survivor role or town pr, but seeing as Ezekel has made it until now without his real role claim it is also possible he is the godfather. Yes, I believe he has been lying about his bulletproofs.
You went at me for a week about me making up a boogey monster in HP. But Squid's Boogey monster has to exist with no proof?
==========
With the way Palmer came at me I wouldn't be surprised if Darryl, the only confirmed cop we have, was right not to trust him alll along.

cabot

Logical Standpoint - Squidy says if he survives 2mrw, all people on the mission are automatically not KGB (QB/Kris/Maz). We would have to lynch Squidy to prove his role because there is still a slight chance he could be lying. He even threatened to NOT use his power. So we wouldn't even know if he used his power or not.

Squidy is the one that came after me. Has been for like a day phase and a half now. Even with no counterclaim, being cleared by a cop, he still comes after me. I can't defend myself? He planted the seeds of doubt about not trusting me. Gorlak kill Darryl. Then tries to use that as ammo to try and say I'm the Godfather?

1) How is it anything but pro town? I offered a plan that would clear 3 ppl of being KGB and I would risk my life testing the other group to see if there was a HP left.

2) This was the purpose of everything I did today. To prove that squidy ISN'T 100% in the clear yet. He didn't bother to answer any questions

2You don't find it odd that Squidy actively dodged the questions I asked and said he wasn't even going to use his powers? None of that seems the slightest bit of anti town to you?

1 It's anti town because you've been cleared and I had trusted you. Having someone I trust on that group is vitally important, now it's squidy and three people I find suspicious on varying levels. You should have been there to confirm what the hell happened. Now you've lost a bit of that trust. I'm back to having people on the mission I don't fully trust.

2 Yes I am not 100% on squidy, I think finding BOTH you and Mazre suspicious before now was a stretch. What was the point in Haly's role if two of them could taint the claim without his help? One is unlikely but not improbable. Two is outright ridiculous to me. I went for one because Mazre has been very suspicious both before and after Darryl's investigation was revealed.

I would like to say I still am about 85% sure squidy is town, it's just there are little things which make me worry. You could've put my doubts a bit at ease if you were on that mission.

We have the upper hand just now, if you died then it would tell us something and we'd still have a good chance of winning.

Damn it.

1 It's anti town because you've been cleared and I had trusted you. Having someone I trust on that group is vitally important, now it's squidy and three people I find suspicious on varying levels. You should have been there to confirm what the hell happened. Now you've lost a bit of that trust. I'm back to having people on the mission I don't fully trust.

What's said on the mission doesn't matter until we prove Squidy has the role he says.

We have the upper hand just now, if you died then it would tell us something and we'd still have a good chance of winning.

I think you nailed some of what I find perrrrrrrrrrddy sadface :< about ER's 'tudes in this game, cabbeh-chan..... he sort of went OMGUS defense against his critics, lashing out and behaving petulantly instead of ...like, realising that his death may actually provide legit info for town

town > one

not

one > town

yoooooooooooooooo~

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
kinda feel like we're at the point of turboing. Hobo, Arkos get your fingers out of my ass and vote.

;)

Boop! ZING!!

vote: Mike Hawk

Sorry I've been slacking I'm actually pretty busy atm, trying to keep up

Ourobolus

Banned
Mike_Hawk689 (7)
Kristoffer
Palmer_v1
cabbeh
cabbeh
YesNOnoNOYes
Septimus Prime
Mike_Hawk689
squidyj
Kristoffer
EzekelRAGE
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
squidyj
Kristoffer
cabbeh
Arkos

Kristoffer (0)
cabbeh

EzekelRAGE (2)
Palmer_v1
EzekelRAGE
Kristoffer
Enker

my cock (0)
Arkos

VOLUNTEERS
squidyj
Kristoffer
Mike_Hawk689
QuantumBro
===BACKUP===
Septimus Prime
Hobohodo
Palmer_v1

Mazre

For ANYONE who has an inkling of doubt against squidyj: he came hot out the fucking gates Day 4 with a vote against Haly and a roleclaim. And we lynched some KGB, only because of the immense amount of pressure he generated, unprompted. What KGB does that?

He's got the juice now.

A KGB whose trying to prove he's town. Super risky? Absolutely, but so is leading a blind hunch bluff against a player using knowledge of the town's cop as your leverage.

An inkling of doubt is not unheard of under such circumstances. That said we have much better leads to work with for the time being.

We currently have 2 dead mafia and 2 dead neutrals (1 leaning KGB (Seath) and one true neutral (Topo)). It seems highly probable we have at least 2 more and probably 1 more neutral (with a slightly longer shot of 5th mafia). In both cases we would have a total of 7 non-town players. Additionally we have 9 claimed town power roles:

Archer (zeke)
Lana (darryl, dead, confirmed)
Pam (kris/hobo unconfirmed)
Cyril (ynnny)
Ray (burbe, dead, confirmed)
Krieger (vis, dead, confirmed)
Kreiger 2 (roy, dead, confirmed)
Cheryl (enker, power used, alignment unconfirmed)
Brett (claimed power used - hobo corroborates [probably the best argument that each is legit at this point, though still a bit tenuous])

That would leave 7 drones, which is on the low side compared to power roles.

Mike - Case pretty much hinges on YNNNY and the assumption that she has been preventing deaths night 3 and 5. We haven't seen any evidence yet to dispute this keeping it as our go to strongest play for now.

Kris/Hobo - Obviously at least 1 liar here though motive is unclear. Leaning towards Kris being the fake at the moment.

QB - another neutral? Credulity heavily strained at this point.

Zeke- I know squidyj can be frustrating but take a chill pill man, the martyr stance isn't that helpful and tends to just muddy the water

cabot

The list above takes his removal into account.

I was like 'why is Septimus Prime still on the backup list?'

Then I remembered we haven't burned Mike yet

giphy.gif

mmmm ashes of Mike.

cabot

Brett (claimed power used - hobo corroborates [probably the best argument that each is legit at this point, though still a bit tenuous])

You forgot Mike claimed Brett, and about three others.

The one thing he hasn't claimed is Mike to be honest, the poor sod.

Hobohodo

I guess that's okay. I would still prefer ER or myself over Septimus. I feel like we need a trustworthy source to verify what happened in chat the next day.

Yeah not sure how I feel about Septimus getting there. I feel he has come up as seeming a bit scummy a few times throughout the game and now he seems to suddenly be on the mission. If someone hasn't done it by the time I finish up this MGS V mission I'll check what prompted him to volunteer.

Mazre

You forgot Mike claimed Brett, and about three others.

The one thing he hasn't claimed is Mike to be honest, the poor sod.

Yeah that was supposed to read Squidyj claimed power used, just for clarificaiton. Hadn't really given any serious credence to Mike's claims.

The one thing that continues to stick in my side with regards to the game is what actually happened N1. Things just don't seem to fit properly.

We have 2 confirmed potential kill actions, KGB and Topo.
We have a claim by Zeke that someone took a shot at him.
Topo claims to have been gunning for Roy and that he was blocked.
Ynnny claims to have blocked Haly a KGB, though this is fine as Raz(Gorlak) was in play along with Mike (high prob KGB).

Based on the above what happened to stop Topo from killing Roy night one? Did he not take a shot hoping to cause confusion? Did someone other than YnnnY block him (honeypot sexing someone like cyril?)

Hobohodo

So this was the context of Septimus Volunteering.

So which mission plan should we go with?

Personally, I think I prefer Ezekel's, since it would clear me, but the only thing is that it leaves the window open for Honeypot to achieve his/her win condition if Mike isn't it.

VOLUNTEER

I might as well get on the waitlist, in case we go that way. I can unvolunteer if we want to take a different path.

I guess it could be seen as him taking an opening to get on the mission relatively suspicion free but he certainly got on quick. Not really been around much since to unvote like he said he was willing to. As I said it just makes me uneasy. He seems to have got there without us really noticing as the convocation was focused on other players.

Palmer_v1

I'm still undecided about Septimus overall. I think in a purely mathematical sense, he's unlikely to be scum, but he's had so many misunderstandings that it worries me to have him relay the mission chat to us.

I also don't want you on it at the same time as Kriss and QB, Hobo.

Hobohodo

I'm still undecided about Septimus overall. I think in a purely mathematical sense, he's unlikely to be scum, but he's had so many misunderstandings that it worries me to have him relay the mission chat to us.

I also don't want you on it at the same time as Kriss and QB, Hobo.

That's fine, I still wanna know what Kris is up to but my uneasiness for Septimus trumps that right now.

Unvolunteer

cabot

April Fools

Queeg_2.jpg

Yeah that was supposed to read Squidyj claimed power used, just for clarificaiton. Hadn't really given any serious credence to Mike's claims.

The one thing that continues to stick in my side with regards to the game is what actually happened N1. Things just don't seem to fit properly.

We have 2 confirmed potential kill actions, KGB and Topo.
We have a claim by Zeke that someone took a shot at him.
Topo claims to have been gunning for Roy and that he was blocked.
Ynnny claims to have blocked Haly a KGB, though this is fine as Raz(Gorlak) was in play along with Mike (high prob KGB).

Based on the above what happened to stop Topo from killing Roy night one? Did he not take a shot hoping to cause confusion? Did someone other than YnnnY block him (honeypot sexing someone like cyril?)

Scroll back a page or three we discussed this quite a bit. Basically, we're hoping tonight gives us some evidence which can help us piece together N1

squidyj

2 Yes I am not 100% on squidy, I think finding BOTH you and Mazre suspicious before now was a stretch. What was the point in Haly's role if two of them could taint the claim without his help? One is unlikely but not improbable. Two is outright ridiculous to me. I went for one because Mazre has been very suspicious both before and after Darryl's investigation was revealed.

I would like to say I still am about 85% sure squidy is town, it's just there are little things which make me worry. You could've put my doubts a bit at ease if you were on that mission.

Damn it.

I don't believe there's two but I do believe there's one and between Mazre and Zeke it's become quite difficult for me to say which one is which. Earlier in the day today when Zeke was trying to get himself off the mission I read that as a fairly scummy thing to do, later on when he was getting legitimately upset and started asking us to lynch him that made me feel more town about him.

Unfortunately Mazre has given us nothing to go on in this day phase and I don't believe he's lying about his commitments IRL but they help him out greatly if he's actually scum. Now he's off the mission for the first time all game.

Everyone, listen to your hearts.

There is no Honeypot. Ezekel is a survivor role at best, godfather at worst. We don't know if bold in Darryl's posts meant ISIS aligned or non-KGB.

Roman Clazado's only appearance in the show was to hunt two ISIS agents in El Contador (great episode btw). Quantumbro was a suspect and now he's conveniently the weak cop. We'll never see him die from a KGB investigation because he is a different kind of neutral or he is the only KGB.

Squidyj is ISIS. He had Haly killed without provocation, which might be a bus if you don't consider the fact that Haly was a KGB power role, i.e. valuable. Why not bus the inactive, i.e. Gorlak? I will not vote for a squidyj lynch tomorrow, at all, no matter the circumstance, period.

And lastly, I was cleared by the supposed weak cop. That is as good as being Godfather to a KGB. Why would I draw all this attention to myself? Be honest, until my role claim, most of you had just assumed I was ordinary drone.

Some more obvious mentions.

Mazre can't be KGB godfather because Mike made the kill on night 5, obviously. His cover was blown. Why wouldn't Mazre have done it? Hint: because the other KGB was on the mission with me last night. His name might start with an E or a Q. We'll find out tonight.

Hobohodo can't be the other KGB because he was off the mission last night. He would have made the kill. Can't be him.

The same reasoning might apply to Septimus.

The same reasoning might apply to Palmer.

These are big Ifs, but good ones.

Sorry, I was in a meeting all morning, and I have another one this afternoon.

So what do you want me to do? Stay? Unvolunteer? Unvolunteer and then revolunteer to change my spot? Whatever it is, I need to know in a few hours, at most.

Top Bottom