• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Holding SoulCalibur Character Poll, "Probably Working on Something Huge"

Korigama

Good to see Talim doing so well. Would like to see Cass return as well.

Not exactly sure just what they have in mind if this is supposed to be for SCVI rather than another throwaway side game though, given the massive (and ultimately unnecessary) time skip going from IV to V. Unless it's supposed to be a prequel where they go back to prevent the events leading up to and occurring in V from happening (a bit pessimistic about the likelihood of Namco giving us a Talim in her 30s).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Good to see Talim doing so well. Would like to see Cass return as well.

Not exactly sure just what they have in mind if this is supposed to be for SCVI rather than another throwaway side game though, given the massive (and ultimately unnecessary) time skip going from IV to V. Unless it's supposed to be a prequel where they go back to prevent the events leading up to and occurring in V from happening (a bit pessimistic about the likelihood of Namco giving us a Talim in her 30s).

They can pretend V's story never happened at all and all of maybe a dozen people would mind.

Griss

Huh, Soul Calibur is one of those series where I've played half the games (and played them a ton) but never once interacted with other fans. I had no idea that my fav character (Talim) was so generally popular. That's great!

I don't have facebook, but:
Best:
Talim
Seong Mina
Lizardman
Cassandra

Worst:
Astaroth
Natsu
Zwei
Patroklos

PBalfredo

They can pretend V's story never happened at all and all of maybe a dozen people would mind.

Fucking V. They kill off Sophitia, kick out Cassandra and split their moves up among Patroklos and Pyrrha, who are the stars of the game. Too bad both of Sophitia's kids are complete shits. Pat's a dumbass hypocritical tool and Pyrrha's an utterly pathetic moeblob. Severe downgrade for the Alexandra clan.

Oh and Alpha Pat bites on Setsuka's style, making her unlikely to return, because fucking why not!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
You know how in The Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift takes place between 6 and 7? Namco should do that with SCV. Just retcon it so it takes place between 6 and 7. Or something like that.

You know how in The Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift takes place between 6 and 7? Namco should do that with SCV. Just retcon it so it takes place between 6 and 7. Or something like that.
They'll retcon the hell out of SCV I think. They'll probably just keep the new characters and some general stuff, but I think any "deaths" or whatever will be magically swept under the rug because fighting games.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They'll retcon the hell out of SCV I think. They'll probably just keep the new characters and some general stuff, but I think any "deaths" or whatever will be magically swept under the rug because fighting games.
They should do it like Mortal Kombat 9 if they do that.

Please! I don't mind Namco completely ignoring SCV ever happening.
SCV isn't all bad. Some of the new characters were cool (ZWEI, Viola) and the older versions of most of the male characters looked amazing. But the deep roster cuts and the lame barebones story were pretty awful.

That voting is really weird. I didn't think it would just be for one character... out of SC I would probably have to choose who I DIDNT care for rather than who I like most.

Tsunamo

Gotta support my main man Kilik, and hope they don't shaft him to a random weapons role like they did in V. There was a couple of neat newcomers I wouldn't mind returning from V, but not if it means getting rid of a bunch of the main roster again that have been around for years. (luckily they probably wont make that same mistake again)

Hopefully this is what they've been teasing for awhile on the facebook page and turns out to be VI, i've been waiting on a current-gen Soul Calibur.
Must have create-a-soul.
That's probably a given considering it's been on each mainline title since III
That voting is really weird. I didn't think it would just be for one character... out of SC I would probably have to choose who I DIDNT care for rather than who I like most.
Yeah, there's way more characters i'm interested in than don't like. Something like that would've been far more effective, I guess this way though they can make sure they make sure not to cut the characters everyone loves again.

Must have create-a-soul.
Definitely.

Hopefully with a lot more armor options, especially for male characters, and the ability to individually toggle which pieces can and cannot break off.

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone what Algol's critical edge is.
He's amazing.

Facebook polls are awful, and only getting to choose one character is even worse. The SC cast is packed with amazing characters.

Verelios

We all know Kilik isn't coming back for whatever wicked, evil, jealous reason. Probably because y'all hating on our wicked play.

J-Tier

That could work. Though I think the way to get the most accurate results is something like voting for your top 5 characters. That way peoples' choices would overlap and give a much better idea of what characters are really popular.

That could work. Though I think the way to get the most accurate results is something like voting for your top 5 characters. That way peoples' choices would overlap and give a much better idea of what characters are really popular.
Yeah. One choice is not enough. Unfortunately this isn't the best laid out character poll I've seen. I just hope it doesn't skew the results.

EulaCapra

Why are there so many wasted votes on Ivy and Mitsurugi? They're marked for life.

I voted for Yun-Seong because I'm gonna need to see more of that male fan service at work.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Given the nature of Astral Chaos, people staying dead ins't something that's ever likely to stick regardless.

Cervy got better after all.

Also, vote Maxi.

JediLink

I'm sure I'll find someone to like in the new game no matter who they put in (especially with create-a-soul) but I think having Cass back would be swell.

There's a lot of cut character concept art from Soulcalibur that I'd like to see as new characters. Especially the dual-wielding katana guy.

latest
latest

Oh, reminds me of Musashi Miyamoto, and Mitsurugi could get rekt.

I've been trying to vote since yesterday morning, but it just won't let me. It always shows the email section blank, and won't let me fill it in, so it won't go through. Heh.

I would have probably voted for Cassandra.

Top Bottom