• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Holding SoulCalibur Character Poll, "Probably Working on Something Huge"

roknin

Again, I think her spot has more to do with her being absent from SCV, and not her overall popularity. (Though I'm sure she is popular in her own right.) I say this has a big fan of her's.

As a big fan of hers, I voted her as well due to her absence from SCV.

Even commented that if she had been in SCV, I'dve played that game far more. Was a Talim main since SCII and just had nowhere to go in SCV, not even a comparable character.

Tried Pyrrha but her god-awful personality and whining and crying made me vomit. :-|

Jawmuncher

As a big fan of hers, I voted her as well due to her absence from SCV.

Even commented that if she had been in SCV, I'dve played that game far more. Was a Talim main since SCII and just had nowhere to go in SCV, not even a comparable character.

Tried Pyrrha but her god-awful personality and whining and crying made me vomit. :-|

That's why you had to go with omega version. Since it at least fit better considering the story.

Aw no love for Kilik? His moves were kind of soothingly mesmerizing to me.

But I won't get excited for this until I know it's not some mobile/F2P abomination.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I love that unused concept art of the girl with the chainsaw. If she made it into the game, then they needed to have added the ability to chop off limbs, like Time Killers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If Killik returns, please don't be that crap he was in 5. :/

Korigama

I love that unused concept art of the girl with the chainsaw. If she made it into the game, then they needed to have added the ability to chop off limbs, like Time Killers.
Pass. People have commented similarly regarding the idea of adding blood, which is just as unappealing.

Mindman

Just went and voted for my main gal Xianghua. Never loved a character more in any fighting game. She and I, we just... click.

Best fighting game series ever. The Soul still burns. Bring on SC VI

Bardiche

Mina needs to come back, it isn't the same without her.

Other characters that need to come back: Rock, Setsuka, Li Long (2 nunchakus), Hwang, and Arthur with a new movelist.

Sesha

If Hilde doesn't make it into SC6 I will go apeshit.

There's a lot of cut character concept art from Soulcalibur that I'd like to see as new characters. Especially the dual-wielding katana guy.

latest
latest

Lmao at chainsaw girl. I want to see that for SC6.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Aw no love for Kilik? His moves were kind of soothingly mesmerizing to me.

But I won't get excited for this until I know it's not some mobile/F2P abomination.

11th of 45 isn't a bad place to be.

And they said that the poll has nothing to do with Lost Swords, but is "for the brand in general".

DrDogg

Poll won't work for me. After I hit enter and accept the app requirements it gives me the form and doesn't let me put my email address in. Just has "*Mail" but I can't click on it to edit. Won't let me go any further...

Anyone else having this issue? I accepted the app to see my email, do I have to make my email public on my FB profile or something?

Griss

Are any of the kid characters performing better than their originals? Is there anyone here who prefers a kid / replacement character to the original?

Roto13

Are any of the kid characters performing better than their originals? Is there anyone here who prefers a kid / replacement character to the original?

I liked Natsu more than Taki and Xiba more than Kilik. At least the way they play.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

None.

I'm sure there's one or two, but I didn't like any of them. Except for Patroklos's moveset vs Cassandra's or Sophitia's.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I liked Natsu more than Taki and Xiba more than Kilik. At least the way they play.
Same. Character wise, Natsu > Taki by a large margin. Xiba/Kilik are interchangeable.

Patroklos is a terrible protagonist. If he returned as a secondary character, I wouldn't mind him as much.

YoungOne

I prefer Natsu more than Taki, Leixia over her mother, and I like pat over his mom, though Cass still remains my favorite S&S style.

Skilletor

I like Taki and porc stuff, and her having more transitions into strings, and I liked natsu and her emphasis on mixups once she was in her stance. I think there is room for them both.

They're both great characters. I like taki's design far more.

Bousf

Voted Sophitia, lol at Talim slaying and the whole V cast bombing, with Viola being the highest rated on a poor 20th place. The classic Alexandras are both within the Top 15 and I'm glad to see Amy 12th. Out of the classics, Cervantes and Voldo are lower than I expected them to be.

Lowest rated atm is Leixia, she was my main in V but give me Xianghua and I take her anyday :D

alstein

Voted Sophitia, lol at Talim slaying and the whole V cast bombing, with Viola being the highest rated on a poor 20th place. The classic Alexandras are both within the Top 15 and I'm glad to see Amy 12th. Out of the classics, Cervantes and Voldo are lower than I expected them to be.

Lowest rated atm is Leixia, she was my main in V but give me Xianghua and I take her anyday :D

Sounds like fans want to pretend SCV didn't happen in terms of roster/story.

Poll won't work for me. After I hit enter and accept the app requirements it gives me the form and doesn't let me put my email address in. Just has "*Mail" but I can't click on it to edit. Won't let me go any further...

Anyone else having this issue? I accepted the app to see my email, do I have to make my email public on my FB profile or something?
The same thing has been happening to me since yesterday morning. I might check my email privacy settings when I get home later and see if that fixes the problem.

Edit: Didn't work. I guess I'm not voting. Oh, well.

Same. Character wise, Natsu > Taki by a large margin. Xiba/Kilik are interchangeable.

Patroklos is a terrible protagonist. If he returned as a secondary character, I wouldn't mind him as much.

Normal Pat was garbage, Alpha Pat was bomb as fuck. I liked him more than Setsuka, honestly. If he returns I hope he defaults to iaijutsu.

I hate Sophie though, she was terrible. Cassie all the way if we're talking classic Alexandras.

And hell no, Xiba and Kilik are not interchangeable. Kilik actually had good moves and Xiba didn't other than the few he got from Kilik. SC4 Kilik is godlike.

Funny thing but the one story beat I can remember from the SCV is Leixia hitting on Patroklos because that moment was too funny.

He comes asking the group for help, Leixia suggestively says 'nothing is for free' and Xiba is like 'hey, he can buy us dinner!' And Leixia goes 'no, you idiot!' Lmao...

I can appreciate that they tried shaking things up a bit but I didn't really like the replacements for the old characters.
They didn't give the Asian replacement characters context at all in the story.. Literally just there for no reason. Weren't they the cut part of the story mode anyway?

Bousf

Looking at the poll results thus far, people want the classics back, and I wholeheartedly agree. As much as SCV's fighting was real fun and the characters weren't all that bad, the classics are miles better for me, so if this is SCVI, let's hope for all of them to return.

Haven't played that version.

Been dolphin emulating it.

Care to elaborate ?

the only bad things about that port are that the online is mediocre, and that you cant use JP voices anymore, but other than that it was completely solid in my experience. It had some issues specific to the EU version of SC2 because that version of the game had glitches the NA and JP version did not and SC2HD was based on the EU version but these were patched.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Devil Jin and not be banned at tournaments. :(

Devil Jin's legal on EC tournaments run by Avylon now. (Pretty much every Big E event in other words.) Character's so low tier I don't know why anyone would do that to themselves though.

SkylineRKR

I hope a next game builds further upon SCV, but they might swap the likes of Leixia and Natsu out for Xiang and Taki etc.

That's why you had to go with omega version. Since it at least fit better considering the story.

Omega was my main in SCV.

Not as fun as Cass SC2, but it was an okay char. Normal Pyrhha didn't interest me. I like how SCV's movelist wasn't bloated. I could remember everything for a char.

Roto13

Honestly, I'd rather have a roster shakeup like SCV than the two new non-guest characters (one of whom was a boss) in SCIV. I like Hilde, but she's not enough.

PBalfredo

Setsuka/Li Long/Zasalamel better be back!
And the Bloodborne default Hunter (Saw-cleaver) as a guest.

I was just thinking the Hunter would make a good guest character. The Bloodborne setting is roughly appropriate for the time Soul Calibur takes place, and with things like Nightmare and Soul Edge running around, SC is no stranger to eldrich horrors. Plus the transforming trick weapons would be an interesting gameplay gimmick for a new character. The color palette of the Hunter and a Yharnam stage might be a little drab for SC, but that's the only negative I can think of.

Majukun

I voted for Taki since she was omitted in SC5 and I didn't like Natsu. Surprised to see Talim leading the poll.

Anyway, I hope not too many people waste their votes on the likes of Mitsurugi, Ivy and Siegfried. These are beloved staple characters that will surely be in either way, other more obscure characters may need the votes more. Reminds me of the people that voted for Ken, Cammy and Gouki in the SF5 poll a few months back.

people would have said the same about taki before SC V cut her

Esque7

I never saw the appeal for the sword and shield characters. In a game where you can play as a dual wielding gunblade vampire, a whip sword wielding femme fatale and a giant axe wielding behemoth I just though the sword and shield were so bland in comparison.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I never saw the appeal for the sword and shield characters. In a game where you can play as a dual wielding gunblade vampire, a whip sword wielding femme fatale and a giant axe wielding behemoth I just though the sword and shield were so bland in comparison.
Sophitia is hot.

Is there anyone here who prefers a kid / replacement character to the original?

Yeah, I really liked Pyrrha, she's the one child character from SC5 that I'd vastly prefer to see return instead of her parent, Sophitia's "design" from 4 onwards was simply atrocious. I suppose Pyrrha is a 2 for 1 deal with Patrokalos though, and I'm not accepting him back unless it is Alpha form only.

Hopefully she's doing alright in the poll, I'd be really disappointed if the backlash towards the kids means they all get kicked out in a future game instead of being refined and given spots alongside the old cast.

Top Bottom