• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Holding SoulCalibur Character Poll, "Probably Working on Something Huge"

Skilletor

Yeah, I really liked Pyrrha, she's the one child character from SC5 that I'd vastly prefer to see return instead of her parent, Sophitia's "design" from 4 onwards was simply atrocious. I suppose Pyrrha is a 2 for 1 deal with Patrokalos though, and I'm not accepting him back unless it is Alpha form only.

Hopefully she's doing alright in the poll, I'd be really disappointed if the backlash towards the kids means they all get kicked out in a future game instead of being refined and given spots alongside the old cast.

Fuck aPat. Leave him with his original moveset, which is awesome, and give me back my sexy umbrella wielder.

I never saw the appeal for the sword and shield characters. In a game where you can play as a dual wielding gunblade vampire, a whip sword wielding femme fatale and a giant axe wielding behemoth I just though the sword and shield were so bland in comparison.

Why would I want to play a shitty vampire, a stupid looking dominatrix, and a whack ass reject smurf with an axe?

Please dont make ivy's stances a total mess like sc4, some ivy Boobage is fine with me but dont make it super rediciously like sc4, sc3 or sc5 costume is A-ok pps: please also bring back taki, natsu doesnt cut it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd like to see zero guest characters. Just make 2-3 brand new characters to go with the SC3 cast.

SC3 cast + Hilde. Maybe ZWEI and Viola if they make them less bland. Maybe Pat if they keep his original moveset and either capitalize on or eradicate how much of a douchewagger he is.

The rest can jump into a gorge.

Fuck aPat. Leave him with his original moveset, which is awesome, and give me back my sexy umbrella wielder.

That's how I feel.

This, though I actually like Maxi a lot too, but there's definitely room for two nunchaku wielders in the series. Hwang outclasses Yun in every way though.

Maxi is like the coolest character to watch high level play with though.

Maxi is ok. Him and Li long don't really play like each other. If you can have like 20 different sword wielding characters. Two different playing nunchuck characters should be ok.

Man I wish we got a version of soul calibur 3 arcade edition where Li long and Hwang where real characters. Kinda like they did with tekken 5 dr. Oh well probably too late for that now. Unless they ever do a SC collection.

Looking at all the characters I wouldn't mind a game with all these characters in it. Minus the double kids and only one edgemaster type character. I'd gladly buy that.

Skilletor

SC3 cast + Hilde. Maybe ZWEI and Viola if they make them less bland. Maybe Pat if they keep his original moveset and either capitalize on or eradicate how much of a douchewagger he is.

The rest can jump into a gorge.

That's how I feel.

I didn't care much for either design, but the playstyle of Zwei and Viola were AMAZING. Fighting a good Zwei is SO fun. I definitely want them to stay around and be expanded upon.

Also, why does everybody hate Pat's swag? Dude is dope, lol.

Orayn

Wonder if the next Soul Calibur will run on Unreal 4 like Tekken and Street Fighter? Seems like it's becoming a popular choice for fighting games because of how much power it puts in desginers' hands without needing to get too deep into programming.

HeelPower

Expected one of Taki,Misturugi,Nightmare,Ivy,Sophitia,Xianghua to be in the lead.

Not Talim...This is really unexpected.I always thought she'd be one of the least popular characters.

Talim's leading by a good margin.

jediyoshi

Current standings

tFwIKdY.png

Expected one of Taki,Misturugi,Nightmare,Ivy,Sophitia,Xianghua to be in the lead.

Not Talim...This is really unexpected.I always thought she'd be one of the least popular characters.

Talim's leading by a good margin.
because every one of those move sets you mentioned were in the last game. Talim isn't leading because she's more popular. She's leading because people think she needs the votes to make a comeback.

Algol and Aeon on page 4.
Yeah, I wish they had a top 5 instead of just a vote for 1. I'm contractually obligated to vote Voldo in a best of 1, but top 5 I would have had Algol, Yun, and Li Long. I'd probably round it out with Raph, but they've screwed him over so badly in the last 2 games that they should probably just give up before they go back and completely erase any good memories I had of him.

Mista Koo

Not gonna like and share things on Facebook, but glad to see Talim on top.

Are any of the kid characters performing better than their originals? Is there anyone here who prefers a kid / replacement character to the original?
I prefer Maxi over Li-Long and Kilik over Mi-Na :p

I prefer Pat and Pyrrha over Cassandra, and Leixia over Xianghua.
But in general I like the idea of a new generation taking over to pump new blood in the series. I actually want Pyrrha to replace Nightmare (make her look more like a demon though), I also want to see Bangoo and Riki (Li-Long's son) make an appearance.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Lizardman on Page 4/5.

God damnit.

I won't buy any new SC without Lizardman/Aeon

I feel you. It's stupid because they split his votes, which is confusing for people. If they were tallied together, he'd at least be on page 3, and be ahead of Xiba and Natsu, and maybe even Pyrrha.

Any kind soul willing to post the full current rankings please?

Sure:

Talim: 294
Taki: 220
Zasalamel: 195
Ivy: 181
Mitsurugi: 164
Siegfried: 163
Kilik: 160
Nightmare: 157
Yoshimitsu: 144
Tira: 143
Sophitia: 137
Seong-mina: 124
Cassandra: 123
Amy: 117
Yun-seong: 101
Raphael: 93
Xianghua: 90
Setsuka: 85
Voldo: 82
Viola: 79
Cervantes: 75
Maxi: 75
Hilde: 66
Hwang: 62
Astaroth: 56
Z.W.E.I.: 45
Pyrrha: 43
Natsu: 30
Xiba: 30
Rock: 25
Lizardman: 24
Li Long: 23
Dampierre: 22
Algol: 21
Pyrrha Omega: 18
Aeon: 17
Patroklos: 15
Soul Edge: 11
Alpha Patroklos: 10
Charade: 10
Leixia: 9
Olcadan: 8
Abyss: 7
Edge Master: 6
Elysium: 6

The Soulcalibur V hate is real, but at least Talim is leading by a comfortable margin. It's safe to say she'll be returning in the next game! Can't fathom why they cut her in the first place, without even having the decency to replace her with another character using her fighting style and weapons...

^ Thank you.

Happy to see Hwang & ZWEI moving up, but Rock, Li Long and Algol need support too. Viola and ZWEI being the most popular SCV characters is pretty cool also, as they are the best IMO. The biggest surprise is how low Aeon/Lizardman is, even if it is split between two slots.

vypek

Talim is doing well? Awesome. My favorite character. Hated the lack of her presence in 5 and stopped playing it rather quickly. Even with the time jump they could have kept her

Goooo Talim! I can't vote since I don't have a facebook account.

By the way, if any body is surprised she is well liked, you must not have seen this funny video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8PIFtsrfIg&t=12m58s

LOL! I like this guy. He doesn't care, just says what he thinks. I also didn't know that Talim saved Necrid, nor did I think about that Algol thing that deeply. After I saw this, I liked her a bit more than I did before. Good 'ole pure Talim. :)

I was just thinking the Hunter would make a good guest character. The Bloodborne setting is roughly appropriate for the time Soul Calibur takes place, and with things like Nightmare and Soul Edge running around, SC is no stranger to eldrich horrors. Plus the transforming trick weapons would be an interesting gameplay gimmick for a new character. The color palette of the Hunter and a Yharnam stage might be a little drab for SC, but that's the only negative I can think of.

Roughly appropriate? Bloodborne is 19th century victorian gothic. Soul Calibur is an early 17th century renaissance/medieval/fantasy mashup. It would be like a Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter crossover.

Top Bottom