• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Gorlak

Banned
The only other person to mention the bathroom before Dragonz claim was Hyper.

Suddenly runs to the bathroom to throw up
- 2nd post of the game, masked as flavour. Who knows.

A bit weird that Dusk wanted to look for Crab in the bathroom and is later investigated by him. Dragonz any hint they were the ones talking in the bathroom?

Actually, Crab sitting out the day to not have to answer my questions would seriously bother me, as I doubt I could engineer votes on crab as the situation stands.

He's essentially safe, and I could see a scum crab sitting this one out some

Spill the beans Gorlak

I hate this vague bullshit

Gorlak

Banned
If you want batsnacks dead go and vote for him. I still don't see a vote from you on him. You Sure talk a lot bit don't even dare to do something.

You're so bad at this nin, please look at the vote count. My vote is on batsnacks since ages ago. Liar.

A bit weird that Dusk wanted to look for Crab in the bathroom and is later investigated by him. Dragonz any hint they were the ones talking in the bathroom?

kill me

dear god what is this bullshit

Ourobolus

Banned
is someone handing out tinfoil

do we have a tinfoil vendor

what the hell is going on with you guys

just vote ttk and stop the insanity

Gorlak

Banned
tinfoilhat.jpg

Ouro put your hat on, they are watching us. They can read our minds! They can hear us in the bathroom talki.. .shit that was Dragonz not them!

cabot

VOTE TALLY:

ourobolus (4)
salvapot 1458
dusk soldier 1473
zeemumu 1490
retroid 1571

timetokill (3)
ourobolus 1274
catvoca 1434
nin1000 1608 (1668)
kyanrute 1643

wherearemahdragonz (2)
barrylocke 1383
timeaisis 1461 (1697)
timetokill 1480 (1566)
timetokill 1651

crab (2)
gorlak 1396 (1421)
salvapot 1397 (1458)
hyperactivity 1679
theexodu5 1691

theexodu5 (2)
batsnacks 1471
timeaisis 1697

batsnacks (1)
gorlak 1430

catvoca (1)
nin1000 1668

zeemumu (0)
nin1000 1335 (1410)

lone_prodigy (0)
hyperactivity 1452 (1455)

kyanrute (0)
nin1000 1431 (1608)

retroid (0)
nin1000 1410 (1431)

nin1000 (0)
gorlak 1421 (1430)

Day 2 ends:
gre_1466283600.png

nin1000

Banned
You're so bad at this nin, please look at the vote count. My vote is on batsnacks since ages ago. Liar.

Oh, well then the me. Why aren't you pushing for him then? You just vote and leave. Pretty scummy in my eyes. Look at me man. I am at a wedding and still posting in this effing game.

Have a good one everyone. Cheers.

vMokLUC.jpg

SalvaPot

Oh, well then the me. Why aren't you pushing for him then? You just vote and leave. Pretty scummy in my eyes. Look at me man. I am at a wedding and still posting in this effing game.

vMokLUC.jpg
[/QUOTE

For the record, I'll say that just the cheer amount of information and detail on WAMD's role claim is enough to make me think she may be telling the truth.

On the other hand, I'll say that crab, regardless of his alignment, played his role optimally, so people questioning him because of it are either paranoid drunks or aggressive drunks.

nin1000

Banned
Nin, I'll just ignore you for now. Your attacks at me are so weak, I just can't deal with them. Go have a fun wedding.

Weak? I mean you trying to get a piece of me, zed that was weak. Lol. But for real now. Since I doubt the batsnacks train will gain some steam anytime soon, who do you want dead? Besides me ( those looks can be decieving I know)

Gorlak

Banned
On the other hand, I'll say that crab, regardless of his alignment, played his role optimally, so people questioning him because of it are either paranoid drunks or aggressive drunks.

How would you even know what role crab has. What are you talking about? What is this? Is everyone drunk around here? Let's talk about bathrooms again

[/QUOTE

For the record, I'll say that just the cheer amount of information and detail on WAMD's role claim is enough to make me think she may be telling the truth.

Oof, salva, you and nin are already driving me nuts, don't do that

btw dusk i am giving you the opportunity to not vote for me

vote: Ourobolus
Oh wait...Dusk said Thank You, You Remembered? I may have missed that. That's...weird. Dusk, does this mean you can somehow corroborate Crab's power?

I had no idea what was going on. I was just playing along.
This sn't a question about his role. This is a question of him playing it, if it's legitimate, based off of what we know, stupidly. And this coming from crab, who (and this does not relate to activity) I honestly consider one of the better and most experienced players in the game. I'm not accepting "OOPS?" for answer here.

In his defense, D1 he did seem pretty convinced that I was scum.

If he was right, that would have turned out to be a pretty good play. This early, it probably would have been better to use a vigilante type role, but he probably doesn't have one.

Gorlak

Banned
We have 4 hours left.

Only 15 active votes.

A bandwagon on Ouro without any reasoning beyond "he's confusing and unhelpful".

Maybe that's good enough?

How will this day end?

brb doing groceries.

zeemumu

Well, on one hand if ouro is scum then no harm done, on the other hand, if he's town then at least the random prodding won't clog up my read chart.

It's gonna be crab vs ouro isn't it

Isn't it.

For fuck's sake.

Hyper posting a bunch about crab doesn't mean the entire town is suddenly hunting down crab, but feelf ree to exaggerate

Crab's all nice and comfortable, he doesn't need to post in here so that I could continue to go after him, his lynch sin't happening

And people are going to vote to protect ouro.

If he was right, that would have turned out to be a pretty good play. This early, it probably would have been better to use a vigilante type role, but he probably doesn't have one.
My observations to the end of page 14; more coming later:

Hyperactivity: I'm not a fan of post #206. It's largely redundant information that I think any reasonable new player can figure out through common sense; there's little point in repeating it and certainly not in so much detail other than to establish town credentials. Real town just post “don't claim D1 plz thx” and leave it at that. Don't really like #332 either; appealing to past games is never an actual defense because people can (and do) play inconsistently between games; nor do I like #333. Town doesn't plan, scum plans. If town start planning, you can't tell the difference between town and scum.

MattyG: I agree with batsnacks in #222 that MattyG's #221 is slightly off.

Batsnacks: Good intuitions in #222

AbsolutBro: Not a fan of #223 for the same reason I wasn't a fan of Hyperactivity's #206. Happens again in #436.

kingkitty: Good intuitions in #224. However, terrible intuitions in #483, so obviously scum.

*Splinter: I don't like #240. Hyperactivity's questions aren't really useful. I mean, 1. is useful insofar as it saves me time having to check your game history, but 2., 3., and 4. aren't; most people can't accurately describe their playstyle as town because you don't really consciously plan as town, you just play; you don't self-scrutinize to the degree you do as scum and so don't really observe how you play as much. Going after people for giving blunt answers to meh questions doesn't help anyone. I do agree with his #622 observation, though, so that gets him some credit back.

DuskSoldier: #253 seems really manufactured. There's not really enough material in this day to get this aggressive. Pointing out scumpairs D1 is obviously a fool's game, but seeing as now Fools are GAFia standard (shame on ye all), I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was just the early traces of a false argument.

Timeaisis: #459 had all the same reads I did by this point, so he's either coming at this from a town perspective or a really good scum.

At this point, I realized WhereAreMahDragonz had managed to make, like, a tonne of posts without any of them really catching my attention. That's a relatively impressive skill and has reminded me to observe more carefully what WAMD does throughout the rest of the game.

Retroid: Is probably not scum through #515; GAFia is established enough that arguing for D1 NL is Sisyphean tasks that only causes you to lose respect and persuasive capital; scum know that or will get told that by other scum.

Timetokill: is a bit all over the place, but I think in a good way, at least tentatively. I don't think many of his reads are right, necessarily, but I can see where they come from and they come from town places.

I am content with Hyperactivity, Dusk Soldier, or AbsolutBro. Either of the first two because I want to figure out what was up with the strange interactions between them, AbsolutBro because he's just floating along and it unnerves me. For now:

VOTE: AbsolutBro

VOTE: DuskSoldier

I changed my mind. *Splinter's OMGUS was just so pitiful I'm inclined to think he's just had a really shit D1.

His stuff on Dusk Soldier yesterday. I doubt his read on you could be that strong, he voted for Absolutbro first, and mentioned me as well, so he had a few scum tells to go after. I guess I could see him easing up on me after the end of yesterday.

But his reasoning for you has him say it himself:

DuskSoldier: #253 seems really manufactured. There's not really enough material in this day to get this aggressive. Pointing out scumpairs D1 is obviously a fool's game, but seeing as now Fools are GAFia standard (shame on ye all), I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was just the early traces of a false argument.

He calls what you did "just the early traces", and acknowledges GAFIA does dumb things. He also says fools are gafia standard, so it's not even like he's unaware of the fact that day 1s can be weird, we've had cases of stubborn or dumb townies, etc (also cause he's played this game before, duh)

also, it's a day 1 read, which while legitimate, aren't exactly the strongest of reads.

He doesn't seem to have that strong of a scum read on you whatsoever. He scum reads, you, that's it, I'm not seeing ttk levels of tunnel or anything here. On top of that, he doesn't even wait for more of the day to pass to make his move, meaning that his action is almost entirely based on day 1, he didn't let you operate during day 2 to decide if he should really, you know, out himself and you.

Plus the whole issue with revealing a town pr, giving us a confirmed townie that will most likely die before end game, etc.

Well, on one hand if ouro is scum then no harm done, on the other hand, if he's town then at least the random prodding won't clog up my read chart.

You need a better reason than "he's hard to take notes on"

Cause players with alot of posts tend to be like that, sorry. Get out of here with this bullshit

TheExodu5

Banned

Okay, so Crab definitely has nothing to corroborate his side of things.

Also, im asking for more information about his motives for revealing his cop information day 2, not more specifics about his role.

I don't really see what a town Crab has to gain by revealing himself day 2. Scum Crab has more to gain, as he sets himself up as town.

Okay, so Crab definitely has nothing to corroborate his side of things.

Also, im asking for more information about his motives for revealing his cop information day 2, not more specifics about his role.

I don't really see what a town Crab has to gain by revealing himself day 2. Scum Crab has more to gain, as he sets himself up as town.

And you have nothing to corroborate your side of things either. Crab's put something out there for people to look at and criticize, but you seem content to just let people run on the fear of you revealing more of your role.

After crab, you're my vote.

ttk is just sitting there begging for votes guys

vote with your hearts

not with your brains

I'll get to you

eventually, when I have the time.... to go through all the posts.... fuck you.

It's also worth pointing out that Crab was suspicious of Dusk day 1, so that gives motivation to his cop check.

Doesn't make it a good move to investigate a player you day 1 scum read, on a read that doesn't even seem to be near 100% sure.

I think it's unlikely because he posted that flavor waaaay before I got the PM so unless he somehow knew ahead of time (and I don't think the handler decides outcomes) there's no way he could have known.

Top Bottom