• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

batsnacks

*quotes Ouro responding twice to the same question with slightly different answers*

Yep definitely not worried at all. No worries here. lol

Retroid

Some people might be calling this argument useless but I want to point out the perspective Ourobolus is trying to throw out there:

please

i am an easy target right now

you'd have to be blind not to see that

For me, the first couple of days are really difficult. You have plenty of people who want to get out there and be active for the sake of trying to help out or appear to be helping. The problem is, with the amount of people we have in a game, all the noise that is added just confuses me. I'd love to see smaller GAFia games in the future (has that been done?). Ourobolus has been particularly noisey this game (I can't remember if that has also been the case in the past) and I find it is not helping me.

Ourobolus

Banned
Some people might be calling this argument useless but I want to point out the perspective Ourobolus is trying to throw out there:

For me, the first couple of days are really difficult. You have plenty of people who want to get out there and be active for the sake of trying to help out or appear to be helping. The problem is, with the amount of people we have in a game, all the noise that is added just confuses me. I'd love to see smaller GAFia games in the future (has that been done?). Ourobolus has been particularly noisey this game (I can't remember if that has also been the case in the past) and I find it is not helping me.
boo hoo

so nothing else? ok

we all are on board a timetokill/retroid/zeemumu lynch, right?

boo hoo

so nothing else? ok

we all are on board a timetokill/retroid/zeemumu lynch, right?

last time someone tried this shit, he nearly got lynched. Don't do this.

alriiiighttyy then, now, as for some reads, or for an argument, or for something other than why are there so many posts?

this is the first post you've made all day iirc.

batsnacks

So...

TheExodu5

This was his plan yesterday:
(1) do nothing and no lynch
(2) when that got him in trouble, claims "The Bartender." It is simple, vague, and easy.
(3) try and force a tie at the very end of the day
(4) accuse whoever tries to break the tie as mafia. His plan for day 2 was already decided before day 1 ended.

TheExodu5 is riding this claim HARD. Look at WMD they comment on literally everything, they are angry and in a desperate frenzy to not get mislynched.

I've stated my feelings towards Ourobolous. TheExodu5 and timetokill are towards similar reasons that some people want to lynch myself.

your reason for ourobolus, as I understand it, was that you don't like him posting so much. you don't even say why you think that makes him scum. get out of here with that shot

and it's day 2, and you want to lynch on INACTIVITY. the others have given reasons, and those two you listed, especially tyke, actually HAVE posted. And if you want to lynch on inactivity, where was this yesterday when you voted no lynch? why didn't you want to lynch because of inactivity yesterday?

yeah, no, try again

This is the first time I've believed you all game. I still don't think you're town, but if you are scum you've certainly given yourself enough rope to hang yourself with. We'll see.

UNVOTE

lol if you thought WAMD was scum I see little in that post to say she's town, I'm going to need you to explain here

Also, this is arguably worse that catvoca's unvote that you're all to willing to criticize

Retroid

your reason for ourobolus, as I understand it, was that you don't like him posting so much. you don't even say why you think that makes him scum. get out of here with that shot

and it's day 2, and you want to lynch on INACTIVITY. the others have given reasons, and those two you listed, especially tyke, actually HAVE posted. And if you want to lynch on inactivity, where was this yesterday when you voted no lynch? why didn't you want to lynch because of inactivity yesterday?

yeah, no, try again

My feelings towards Ourobolous are less on him posting so much (there are people posting more) but rather that he is dampening the conversations and generally not being helpful. The other two aren't on inactivity (I don't think that is why people want them gone?), I am less active than both of them. Rather, they seem scummy to me and easy targets for a day that hasn't moved much.

batsnacks

I still don't think you're town

UNVOTE

giphy.gif

My feelings towards Ourobolous are less on him posting so much (there are people posting more) but rather that he is dampening the conversations and generally not being helpful. The other two aren't on inactivity (I don't think that is why people want them gone?), I am less active than both of them. Rather, they seem scummy to me and easy targets for a day that hasn't moved much.

what about ouro is unhelpful? you mentioned him having a lot of posts, but that in of itself doesn't indicate unhelpfulness

also, sorry for misinterpreting, you said your reasons for voting the others was the same as why some want to lynch you. in any case, you're still not saying much, that's just a bandwagon vote unless you go through all the reasons against them pointed out so far and decide which ones are valid and which ones aren't, and essentially reason out your suspicion of them yourself. because I assure you, some of the arguments against them are probably bs, or not even really indicative of them being scum

Ourobolus

Banned
last time someone tried this shit, he nearly got lynched. Don't do this.

alriiiighttyy then, now, as for some reads, or for an argument, or for something other than why are there so many posts?

this is the first post you've made all day iirc.
hyper

timeA

(That's what I'm calling you now)

don't do this

i need you to trust me

lol if you thought WAMD was scum I see little in that post to say she's town, I'm going to need you to explain here

Also, this is arguably worse that catvoca's unvote that you're all to willing to criticize

Here's my reasoning. I think she was actually being honest as opposed to wiggling around, so at least for the content of that post she seemed fairly genuine. I think she's scum but I decided in the meantime to look at some other players and see if I could shake some other scum loose. If we're close near the end of the day I'll almost certainly put my vote back on her. But I'm sensing that town wants somebody else today and I'm determined to find the other scum anyway.

Anyway, here's the other stuff I'm looking at:

Since Ouro seems so intent on getting bandwagons started, I figured I'd look at his record. I mentioned earlier that I figured he was just a laser pointer trying to get people to flinch. Here's what I saw, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

245 mattyg
300 batsnacks
417 stackpoleh
433 batsnacks
490 timeaisis
624 mattyg
714 catvoca
716 timetokill
864 retroid
1274 timetokill

That's a lot of votes, and some of them separated by very few posts. Does this actually help town or does it obfuscate things? Is this a way to cover for later when he says "I always suspected X!" when they flip scum?

nin1000 said he was "barking for the sake of barking" in another game and that was what I first assumed, but I have to wonder.

Also TheExodu5 said he'd be opening up about his role but I haven't seen much of it since yesterday. He's not even on this page, and I wonder if he likes it that way. He keeps disappearing from the conversation. Also, the stuff batsnacks listed is on point, and I'm pretty sure batsnacks is town.

Lastly Retroid, a player I keep forgetting is even playing, his posts are so soft. Feels like he keeps sneaking up on me which isn't a good feeling.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm willing to see where WAMD goes over the next day or two. She could be helpful to Town or dig herself a hopefully mafia shaped grave as she has to explain goings on.

Maybe not too helpful to focus so much on one player, lets mafia coast along if she's not, and a lot of focus has been on her with hyper's initial posts, the late claim on D1..

Not sure what to make of TheExodu5, I can see being reluctant to post much on D1 but to make a claim, one that is apparently weakened if there's a full reveal.. puts Town in a difficult position, could start D3 with Exodu5 dead and us none the wiser other than role confirmation.

Ouro continues to post a lot :p

..but but

Nah, I won't be dead. Town will lynch me in the end. I have way too much suspicion on me for scum to kill me. I probably won't make it past day 3 unless I can actually contribute something useful here...and I'm seriously struggling to do that at this point.

TheExodu5

Banned
From my understand Crab claimed he has a bunch of powers that he can use once or something, and he's used one (that we know of). I likened it to the Crazy 8 in Mario Kart, where you get one of each item and can use them all once. He said that was accurate.

I was wondering about the response but I felt like he answered questions about it well enough. What do you feel is missing?

I feel like everyone just accepted it without thinking. Everyone just said "the only situation Crab is scum is if Crab and Dusk Soldier are both scum" and agreed to it. I don't see how that's the case.

Consider the case where Crabs role power is misdirection. He writes his Happy Birthday command, and Kawl spews out meaningless dribble. What Kawl wrote in response to the Happy Birthday command did not corroborate a single thing. All we have to go is Crab's word, nothing more.

nin1000

Banned
Nah, I won't be dead. Town will lynch me in the end. I have way too much suspicion on me for scum to kill me. I probably won't make it past day 3 unless I can actually contribute something useful here...and I'm seriously struggling to do that at this point.
I agree, you sure are playing bad mate :(

nin1000

Banned
Matty G I am calling you!

Gorlak you lousy player, you come to this game talk a bit with your fluff and then decide to leave. That's very scummy in my book of nin's.

Bark like a cat sting like a potatoe. That's you Gorlak. YOU.

I feel like everyone just accepted it without thinking. Everyone just said "the only situation Crab is scum is if Crab and Dusk Soldier are both scum" and agreed to it. I don't see how that's the case.

Consider the case where Crabs role power is misdirection. He writes his Happy Birthday command, and Kawl spews out meaningless dribble. What Kawl wrote in response to the Happy Birthday command did not corroborate a single thing. All we have to go is Crab's word, nothing more.

Well, okay, let's go through the options.

1. [Crab = scum, Dusk = town]
Crab uses his ability and determines he's town. Tells everyone that Dusk is town. What does that get him? I guess it gets town to believe Crab is town also. But Crab already has this information, so would it be more useful to use on somebody to discover a role? I'd find it strange for scum to be given a power that tells them scum/town affiliation, as it's purely a distraction. Maybe that's common, but I'll I hadn't considered it.

2. [Crab = town, Dusk = scum]
I can't see any reason why he would say Dusk is town if he's scum and he knows it. This option is out.

3. [Crab = town, Dusk = town]
The option everyone assumes, because it's the simplest. Crab has an ability that helps town determine affiliation of another player, out in the open. Makes sense for town to have that ability. It's a happy birthday message, which appears to be successful based on the return message.

4. [Crab = scum, Dusk = scum]
Crab uses his ability to give Dusk some cover. Could be, as we've noted before. But it seems hasty to use that right at the beginning of the day. Dusk did say "Thank you! You remembered!" as opposed to "wtf," but he could've just been playing along. In this case he's got a lot of work to do because he says he has a bunch of other abilities, which means we're going to be asking for a lot of info, which keeps him in the spotlight. Could be a really excellent scum if he could pull that off.

So gimme your thoughts, Exo. It's true that everyone seemed to eventually end up at 3, but I don't think it was "without thinking." Questions were posed to him. Where are you leaning? You seem to have a gut feeling against him. Why?

batsnacks

Well, okay, let's go through the options.

1. [Crab = scum, Dusk = town]
Crab uses his ability and determines he's town. Tells everyone that Dusk is town. What does that get him? I guess it gets town to believe Crab is town also. But Crab already has this information, so would it be more useful to use on somebody to discover a role? I'd find it strange for scum to be given a power that tells them scum/town affiliation, as it's purely a distraction. Maybe that's common, but I'll I hadn't considered it.

2. [Crab = town, Dusk = scum]
I can't see any reason why he would say Dusk is town if he's scum and he knows it. This option is out.

3. [Crab = town, Dusk = town]
The option everyone assumes, because it's the simplest. Crab has an ability that helps town determine affiliation of another player, out in the open. Makes sense for town to have that ability. It's a happy birthday message, which appears to be successful based on the return message.

4. [Crab = scum, Dusk = scum]
Crab uses his ability to give Dusk some cover. Could be, as we've noted before. But it seems hasty to use that right at the beginning of the day. Dusk did say "Thank you! You remembered!" as opposed to "wtf," but he could've just been playing along. In this case he's got a lot of work to do because he says he has a bunch of other abilities, which means we're going to be asking for a lot of info, which keeps him in the spotlight. Could be a really excellent scum if he could pull that off.

So gimme your thoughts, Exo. It's true that everyone seemed to eventually end up at 3, but I don't think it was "without thinking." Questions were posed to him. Where are you leaning? You seem to have a gut feeling against him. Why?

now give me the C(n,r)=n!/(r!(n-r)!) with town, mafia, and neutral as possibilities lol

nin1000

Banned
Ouro, are you an schizophrenic drunk? As a role ofc. Sorry to ask you this bluntly but the way you acted all game and the way you bread crumbled makes me think that way.

Top Bottom