• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Gorlak

Banned
I think it's unlikely because he posted that flavor waaaay before I got the PM so unless he somehow knew ahead of time (and I don't think the handler decides outcomes) there's no way he could have known.

As far as I understood it, you spied on people in the bathroom. What if his role explicitly mentioned the bathroom? What if that's the scum chat? What if he was lost and his birthday means he's accepted into the ranks of scum?

TheExodu5

Banned
And you have nothing to corroborate your side of things either. Crab's put something out there for people to look at and criticize, but you seem content to just let people run on the fear of you revealing more of your role.

After crab, you're my vote.

What do you want me to do, exactly? I was on the chopping block for voting no lynch...which I should have seen coming thanks to the GAFia hivemind being in full effect. My only defense was to reveal something. I tried to reveal as little as possible. I'm maintaining that stance. Town stands to gain nothing from my role reveal.

If I were scum, I could make up some bullshit role power. If my bartender claim was a safe claim for scum, I could easily come up with a power to corroborate that.

How's this?

I'm the bartender. I can protect someone at night with my shotgun. I am the doctor.

Or

I'm the Bartender. I have a shotgun to defend my bar. If someone tries to night kill me, they will be killed.

Or

I'm the bartender. I can give out free drinks to a patron at night and have them divulge their deepest secrets to me. My ability is a 1 shot alignment check.

Take your pick. Divulging a role power does nothing to corroborate my alignment and only serves to give scum more information.

SalvaPot

EstoyHechoAnimal.jpg

Lynch Ouro already.

What do you want me to do, exactly? I was on the chopping block for voting no lynch...which I should have seen coming thanks to the GAFia hivemind being in full effect. My only defense was to reveal something. I tried to reveal as little as possible. I'm maintaining that stance. Town stands to gain nothing from my role reveal.

If I were scum, I could make up some bullshit role power. If my bartender claim was a safe claim for scum, I could easily come up with a power to corroborate that.

How's this?

I'm the bartender. I can protect someone at night with my shotgun. I am the doctor.

Or

I'm the Bartender. I have a shotgun to defend my bar. If someone tries to night kill me, they will be killed.

Or

I'm the bartender. I can give out free drinks to a patron at night and have them divulge their deepest secrets to me. My ability is a 1 shot alignment check.

Take your pick. Divulging a role power does nothing to corroborate my alignment and only serves to give scum more information.

You had a full hour, or even more iirc, to move the lynch away from you, or hell, even go for AB, who also had a bunch of votes.

Nothign to do now, but you could have done much more, and there was no need for you to reveal when you did.

As far as I understood it, you spied on people in the bathroom. What if his role explicitly mentioned the bathroom? What if that's the scum chat? What if he was lost and his birthday means he's accepted into the ranks of scum?

Gorlak pls go do something productive

Don't do this pls. I can confirm me going to the bathroom was a joke. Unless you think me, Dusk, and crab are somehow the scum team

To Salva's credit, he did outline his suspicions on ouro back in day 1, I thought t was just him being random.

Going through salva's posts atm, I'll quote his post when I'm done

TheExodu5

Banned
You had a full hour, or even more iirc, to move the lynch away from you, or hell, even go for AB, who also had a bunch of votes.

Nothign to do now, but you could have done much more, and there was no need for you to reveal when you did.

Don't do this pls. I can confirm me going to the bathroom was a joke. Unless you think me, Dusk, and crab are somehow the scum team

Not all of us can devote hours at a time to this game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Reading through stuff, will attempt to answer in time. Not avoiding things, just had IRL become unexpectedly stressful. To be honest, I'm a bit knackered.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, all the votes on Ouro are basically shitposts. I'm surprised he's got so many.

Just realized something. Crab, why did you use your cop power on day 2? Were you not worried about Dusk and you dying quickly?

I think I would have died quickly anyway. Let's be honest; I have a history as being quite a good player. If I were scum, I'd kill me. I'd rather use my power when I can make sure I use it. Even if I and Dusk die, that ties up mafia on quite a specific strategy for two days in a way that gives town time to do other things. What's more, I had the feeling Dusk was going to dominate as the source of the D2 conversation topics if I did not intervene, and it would give mafia more of a shield to hide behind. You know I'm strongly on favour of forcing people to pursue multiple avenues early.

I think I would have died quickly anyway. Let's be honest; I have a history as being quite a good player. If I were scum, I'd kill me. I'd rather use my power when I can make sure I use it. Even if I and Dusk die, that ties up mafia on quite a specific strategy for two days in a way that gives town time to do other things. What's more, I had the feeling Dusk was going to dominate as the source of the D2 conversation topics if I did not intervene, and it would give mafia more of a shield to hide behind. You know I'm strongly on favour of forcing people to pursue multiple avenues early.

OOF....

One of salva's posts said it best

T
-How many protecting roles we have to keep this two players safe.

I think we are going to see one of them die tonight, chances are scum would rather target crab, since he is pretty much confirmed, but so will a doctor. And if WAMD is saying the truth (And scum will know, in this case), then that paints a huge target on her too.

What I am saying is we are likely losing a very important role next night in either of this players.

A. WAMD had already claimed a pr role, was target. If anything, this means a protecting role has to guess more now.
B. You have been very low key past 2 days. Sure, you were more active on saturday, but there are others to go after. And why not something like day 3

C. Why not someone else, like WAMD, or me?
D. You still revealed yourself as a pr on day 2.... why?
E. Saving a townie dusk means little, it's the same way a doctor shouldn't reveal themselves to prevent a townie lynch

I suppose I should look at this through the lens of why a scum crab would act this way...

I doubt they wanted any specific info on Dusk Soldier. I doubt a lost partner would come into it this way, he specifically said that one power was one shot.

It could just be that he wanted to set up his claim early, but if he knew he was scum and most likely staying alive, he still could have waited longer...

I suppose the only thing he might be doing this for as scum is if he was a lost partner for scum trying to get their attention, but again, I doubt it given that most lost partners are ordinary goons, so that they don't affect how the scum team assigns their power usage too much

Yeah, I'm not coming up with anything. A scum crab put a timer on himself just now.

The nice thing is that I'm 99% sure Dusk is town, whether crab is scum or not.

UNVOTE

Gorlak

Banned

You're missing the point that this is an entirely reasonable scenario. It may be unlikely, still there is the possibility. While you're mentioning feels "in place", the odd comment from dusk doesn't.

I am productive. I shouted at crab way earlier than you did, I urged people to vote, I questioned dragonz. I barked at nin and voiced my suspicion throughout my whole employment as the replacement of a replacement™. I questioned the votes on Ourob, I asked everyone to do something. I tied the vote on purpose to get this thread moving hours ago, but nobody cares! What else do you expect from me? If you can't see that I'm trying to move discussion, than I can't help you.

We have 1.5 hours ago and are in for a wild ride because scum enjoys how this day is going. We'll see wild changing votes and bandwagons because as usual town is too lazy to do something before the clock runs out.

SalvaPot

I suppose I should look at this through the lens of why a scum crab would act this way...

I doubt they wanted any specific info on Dusk Soldier. I doubt a lost partner would come into it this way, he specifically said that one power was one shot.

It could just be that he wanted to set up his claim early, but if he knew he was scum and most likely staying alive, he still could have waited longer...

I suppose the only thing he might be doing this for as scum is if he was a lost partner for scum trying to get their attention, but again, I doubt it given that most lost partners are ordinary goons, so that they don't affect how the scum team assigns their power usage too much

Yeah, I'm not coming up with anything. A scum crab put a timer on himself just now.

The nice thing is that I'm 99% sure Dusk is town, whether crab is scum or not.

UNVOTE

The main issue with the Crab as Scum theory is that, if his role cleared Dusk and Dusk is town regardless, then it would be a ballsier and more crab-esque move to use it to instead clean a scum team member, and if this was the case I see no reason for crab to use it as early as he did, a scum crab, in my mind, would have used this ability to clean himself or a scummate in the time of need.

He using it this early is pretty altruistic and pro-town, I'll say.

Gorlak

Banned
Oh look who decided to show up. The scummy scumnacks. Care to give me a short read list? Who are your top 3 suspect atm and who do you lean town on?

Kyanrute

I'll answer this after Crab has explained himself, as in not to give him an ready answer.

So my thoughts regarding the Crab power usage were as follows. First of all, Crab is bit of a name around here and that is enough to give him a decrease in average lifespan. If he is not on the scum team, he could very well be among the top candidates for scum to kill during the early nights as long as there would be no obvious easy candidates to go for. The longer he goes without using his powers, the more he risks dying without using them, thus giving nothing to town. Crab also has claimed to have multiple powers and I'd imagine there is a limit in place that restricts the commands to 1 per phase or something. In general, so many things to do, so little time.

Of course, the complete judgement can only be made after his flip but I feel that at least the first two points should be rather certain and that to me at least is enough to judge the play as a good one.

These are kind of late responses I admit.

His stuff on Dusk Soldier yesterday. I doubt his read on you could be that strong, he voted for Absolutbro first, and mentioned me as well, so he had a few scum tells to go after. I guess I could see him easing up on me after the end of yesterday.

But his reasoning for you has him say it himself:

He calls what you did "just the early traces", and acknowledges GAFIA does dumb things. He also says fools are gafia standard, so it's not even like he's unaware of the fact that day 1s can be weird, we've had cases of stubborn or dumb townies, etc (also cause he's played this game before, duh)

also, it's a day 1 read, which while legitimate, aren't exactly the strongest of reads.

He doesn't seem to have that strong of a scum read on you whatsoever. He scum reads, you, that's it, I'm not seeing ttk levels of tunnel or anything here. On top of that, he doesn't even wait for more of the day to pass to make his move, meaning that his action is almost entirely based on day 1, he didn't let you operate during day 2 to decide if he should really, you know, out himself and you.

Plus the whole issue with revealing a town pr, giving us a confirmed townie that will most likely die before end game, etc.

I probably am looking back on that with rose-tinted glasses. I think it was more the fact that he left his vote on me rather than join one of the bandwagons, that made me think he had strong suspicions.

Okay, so Crab definitely has nothing to corroborate his side of things.

Also, im asking for more information about his motives for revealing his cop information day 2, not more specifics about his role.

I don't really see what a town Crab has to gain by revealing himself day 2. Scum Crab has more to gain, as he sets himself up as town.

It's hard to know his motivations without seeing his role. But it's possible that all his powers can only be used during the day phase.

He may have other limits too, like only one per day. So, especially if all of them are one-shot abilities, it wouldn't make sense to hang on to them for too long.

I just think it was a gambit that would have paid off big for him if I was scum.

batsnacks

I think we should lynch TheExodu5 he isn't concerned about solving the game he is just surviving on his claim as long as possible. It's not even a claim it's just a role name "The Bartender" it could be a mafia safe claim, it could be an actual mafia role. Pretty much every post since his claim, that probably wouldn't have been necessary had he just voted someone he thought was mafia on day 1, has been about his claim.

The situation at the end of the first day phase where TheExodu5 tried to force a tie, planning to later scum read anyone who tried to break the tie is a mafia play. His plan for this phase was decided at the end of the last phase, he doesn't even need to think about anything that happens this phase.

SalvaPot

I am concerned about one fact about crab and I might as well mention it, since I am going to go full suicidal maniac this night hoping for it to pay off.

His need to mention he had more options to choose from. He is either baiting for scums attention, since he already used his role and has nothing else or has some kind of counter to it, or trying to reinforce his townieness by letting us know there is more to his role, so when he delivers he can get more goodwill from it.

batsnacks

Out of the 3 claims who have all gotten their fair share of pressure this phase, TheExodu5, the person who has given no info about their role has gotten the least amount of attention.

There are people voting Crab. His role has been verified by actual game mechanics. He has said he has other 1 shot abilities to use.

Kyanrute

TheExodu5, if you are around, do you think, should you survive to day three, that you would be able to say something about yourself then or give us something that would make you worth keeping alive?

I have a gut reading that Crab is town. I won't be voting for him.

How we, Exo is getting more and more suspicious with every post he makes and that doesn't fly with me.

Salva, why an Ouro lynch? It's day two and he hasn't done anything worthwhile so I'd be okay with voting him, but I'd like to know your reasons to think it over some more.

Okay, I'm up, eating lunch. I'll be available, just need to catch up real quick.
I did see this though:

I think we should lynch TheExodu5 he isn't concerned about solving the game he is just surviving on his claim as long as possible. It's not even a claim it's just a role name "The Bartender" it could be a mafia safe claim, it could be an actual mafia role. Pretty much every post since his claim, that probably wouldn't have been necessary had he just voted someone he thought was mafia on day 1, has been about his claim.

The situation at the end of the first day phase where TheExodu5 tried to force a tie, planning to later scum read anyone who tried to break the tie is a mafia play. His plan for this phase was decided at the end of the last phase, he doesn't even need to think about anything that happens this phase.

I agree with this. I alluded to the possible scum bartender claim and tie move in this capacity in an earlier post but his activity (or non-activity) today has been setting off alarms in my head.

Gonna read the rest but I'm definitely considering Exo right now.

Gorlak

Banned
So scumsnacks prefers to tunnel in on Exodu5 and make the lynch happen. Refuses to name anyone else as an option to vote. Trusts crab because of day command, which is no indication for an alignment whatsoever - got it.

Yo bats, what do you think about Ourobolus? Do you think he's a worthy lynch target? Being all confusing and stuff? Or in case we can't see omnipresent guilt Exodu5 is bearing, would you change your vote to ttk? Is he somewhat suspicious in your eyes?

Why is it a mafia play, and not just a REALLY stupid town play. Him tying the vote is consistent with his no lynch stance

This is also a bit meta, and might be irrelevant due to limited time at the end of the day yesterday, but his "plan" seems like a plan that he might have checked with his teammates. In any case, it's one of those cases where it's too suspicious that I have a harder time believing.

One thing to look at yesterday too is who was defending him yesterday, and also who wasn't explicitly doing that but instead silently voting for other players (I can easily see a scum TheExodu5 having teammates that just found the other person more suspicious, between two or three targets)

I guess my main issue when it comes to TheExodu5 being scum would be why he hasn't really changed until maybe recently in his playstyle the past two days. The votes on him yesterday, and even today to an extent, haven't exactly been hard to predict.

Ourobolus

Banned
Salva, why an Ouro lynch? It's day two and he hasn't done anything worthwhile so I'd be okay with voting him, but I'd like to know your reasons to think it over some more.

haven't i

maybe you should look closer

anyway i'm going out, i still have shitty wi-fi, but if you're gonna turbo just go ahead, my vote is where it is and i don't have anything to say in defense anyway

Okay so Exo is shady as fuck and definitely a lynch candidate, but I also don't like the thought of possibly lynching town despite his claims / general refusal to cooperate, so an Ouro lynch makes more sense to me, if I had to pick the two.

cabot

VOTE TALLY:

timetokill (4)
ourobolus 1274
catvoca 1434
nin1000 1608 (1668)
kyanrute 1643
gorlak 1731 (1733)
gorlak 1746

zeemumu (0)
nin1000 1335 (1410)

wherearemahdragonz (2)
barrylocke 1383
timeaisis 1461 (1697)
timetokill 1480 (1566)
timetokill 1651

crab (1)
gorlak 1396 (1421)
salvapot 1397 (1458)
hyperactivity 1679 (1763)
theexodu5 1691

retroid (0)
nin1000 1410 (1431)

nin1000 (0)
gorlak 1421 (1430)

batsnacks (0)
gorlak 1430 (1731)

kyanrute (0)
nin1000 1431 (1608)

lone_prodigy (0)
hyperactivity 1452 (1455)

ourobolus (4)
salvapot 1458
dusk soldier 1473 (1735)
zeemumu 1490
retroid 1571
gorlak 1733 (1746)
dusk soldier 1735

theexodu5 (2)
batsnacks 1471
timeaisis 1697

catvoca (1)
nin1000 1668

Day 2 ends:
gre_1466283600.png

Speaking of which, I guess that's another thing that bothers me about the timetokill vote: we're trending toward it pretty calmly. A bunch of people have basically said they're cool with voting for him or are voting for him, and there hasn't been much opposition (unless you want to count the opposition

Out of the 3 claims who have all gotten their fair share of pressure this phase, TheExodu5, the person who has given no info about their role has gotten the least amount of attention.

There are people voting Crab. His role has been verified by actual game mechanics. He has said he has other 1 shot abilities to use.

My issue with Crab's actions are legitimate. Dude, if he's telling the truth, fucked up HARD

Anyways, when you guys bring up weird actions, you should take a long hard look at why a scum player xyz would do that action

1 hour to go

Ouro - 4
ttk - 4
Dragonz - 2
exodus - 2
crab - 1
catvoca - 1

---
Please decide now

FUCK OFF

Okay so Exo is shady as fuck and definitely a lynch candidate, but I also don't like the thought of possibly lynching town despite his claims / general refusal to cooperate, so an Ouro lynch makes more sense to me, if I had to pick the two.

Why does an ouro lynch make more sense to you?

Also, timetokill? Why do you seem so hesitant to vote for him?

batsnacks

Why is it a mafia play, and not just a REALLY stupid town play. Him tying the vote is consistent with his no lynch stance

This is also a bit meta, and might be irrelevant due to limited time at the end of the day yesterday, but his "plan" seems like a plan that he might have checked with his teammates. In any case, it's one of those cases where it's too suspicious that I have a harder time believing.

One thing to look at yesterday too is who was defending him yesterday, and also who wasn't explicitly doing that but instead silently voting for other players (I can easily see a scum TheExodu5 having teammates that just found the other person more suspicious, between two or three targets)

I guess my main issue when it comes to TheExodu5 being scum would be why he hasn't really changed until maybe recently in his playstyle the past two days. The votes on him yesterday, and even today to an extent, haven't exactly been hard to predict.

His plan wasn't to tie the vote and achieve a no lynch it was to tie the vote and then scum read anyone who breaks it, which he knows is inevitable. He doesn't care who breaks the tie.

You're missing the point that this is an entirely reasonable scenario. It may be unlikely, still there is the possibility. While you're mentioning feels "in place", the odd comment from dusk doesn't.

I am productive. I shouted at crab way earlier than you did, I urged people to vote, I questioned dragonz. I barked at nin and voiced my suspicion throughout my whole employment as the replacement of a replacement™. I questioned the votes on Ourob, I asked everyone to do something. I tied the vote on purpose to get this thread moving hours ago, but nobody cares! What else do you expect from me? If you can't see that I'm trying to move discussion, than I can't help you.

We have 1.5 hours ago and are in for a wild ride because scum enjoys how this day is going. We'll see wild changing votes and bandwagons because as usual town is too lazy to do something before the clock runs out.

Was talking about your bathroom nonsense there, no need to get so defensive

Also, lol, as if scum enjoys wild changing votes. Sure, town doesn't enjoy the last hour craziness, but scum likes to know what's going to happen, and if they don't like it, how they can shift it towards their favor (note the word shift, not go crazy with multiple bandwagons)

The main issue with the Crab as Scum theory is that, if his role cleared Dusk and Dusk is town regardless, then it would be a ballsier and more crab-esque move to use it to instead clean a scum team member, and if this was the case I see no reason for crab to use it as early as he did, a scum crab, in my mind, would have used this ability to clean himself or a scummate in the time of need.

He using it this early is pretty altruistic and pro-town, I'll say.

I said that in my post. You're just repeating what I said

He claimed a role. You haven't. Believe him or not, it's more than you've done. And that's even despite him being silent as the grave about it.

There's always the possibility that he's telling the truth, meanwhile you have nothing to offer us.

And if ouro claims ordinary? Are we supposed to just believe anyone that claims a pr?

I want to know why you would scum-read ouro

I have been hesitant to vote ttk because I was not sure if the vote would happen; my list above is based on targets people had been talking about at that time.

I'm totally down to lynch him though.

Anything in particular you want to say to me? You've ignored my previous post just to come back with this?

Replied to your previous post below, meant to post it but going through this game in multiple windows means I type up posts and then forget them

In any case, that's the same thing I said to *Splinter and batsnacks yesterday, and Ouro today, when they tried the same bs

Don't try to limit where the votes will go

SalvaPot

Was talking about your bathroom nonsense there, no need to get so defensive

Also, lol, as if scum enjoys wild changing votes. Sure, town doesn't enjoy the last hour craziness, but scum likes to know what's going to happen, and if they don't like it, how they can shift it towards their favor (note the word shift, not go crazy with multiple bandwagons)

I said that in my post. You're just repeating what I said

And if ouro claims ordinary? Are we supposed to just believe anyone that claims a pr?

I want to know why you would scum-read ouro

You should know by now I don't actually read your posts.

I have been hesitant to vote ttk because I was not sure if the vote would happen; my list above is based on targets people had been talking about at that time.

Complete and utter bullshit. He has 4 votes, and a bunch of people were suspecting him throughout the day. at what point did you not think the vote wuld happen? Why didn't you vote him in that post where you called him on his schtick of going after you?

Kyanrute

Well he is at the lead now. There is 45 minutes left. How much can you doubt at this point?

It would depend on what Ouro claims. I've been slightly scum reading him on the down low because he posts nothing but fluff and that does nothing to help anyone. It's weird behavior and I can't attribute it to being down, despite his motives.

I'll admit it's not a strong read; I'm just really trying to keep.my options open. In reality I would be fine with lynching ttk, Exo, OR Ouro.

It would depend on what Ouro claims. I've been slightly scum reading him on the down low because he posts nothing but fluff and that does nothing to help anyone. It's weird behavior and I can't attribute it to being down, despite his motives.

I'll admit it's not a strong read; I'm just really trying to keep.my options open. In reality I would be fine with lynching ttk, Exo, OR Ouro.

Why do you want him to claim?

And I'm asking which one you're voting now, not what lynch you would be fine with

Top Bottom