• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman V Superman’ Takes A Dive With -70% Second Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

okdakor

aB8qScJ.gif

He has no reason to feel sad. He's the only thing that made this whole movie bearable. One can hate on Snyder, the script or Superman. But Batman himself was great. He now needs to leave this whole Snyder mess and get cracking on his own Batman movie, with him directing it.

He really is the standout. He's not what's wrong..

Blader

I wonder what this means for Justice League's numbers?

Still will pass billion probably.

Overall I think this isn't just the movie, but generally the sign of people slowly getting tired of superhero movies. It's not like they will collapse anytime soon and we;ll still see them regularly passing 700 mln, but I doubt anything in next few years will be able to beat first Avengers in box office.
What? Deadpool came out a month before this and was a huge hit.

And a superhero movie not being able to top the first Avengers -- one of the biggest films of all time -- is not evidence of a genre in decline. That's an insanely high bar to think should be the standard.

Gattsu25

Banned
I watched this shitty fucking movie with my family over the past week and I can understand why it has absolutely poisonous word of mouth. I wouldn't recommend this to the people that I dislike.

Now, as a good christian I don't hate people, I just dislike them. I don't want to see them seriously injured but maybe knowing that they had a good fall to the ground or stepped on a lego block while barefoot...now that is all I ask for. This movie is too cruel even for them.

KonradLaw

As I said in another thread: Snyder is just a symptom. The problem is the dumb execs at WB. Hopefully this debacle gets one or two fired so that some new blood gets put in charge.

I'm not sure. Snyder made two dissapoitng DC movies. So he gets the blame for now. If n Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman dissapoint, that's a whole different thing.

Malyse

It doesn't, really, though.

Nothing happening in here that isn't already happening in the B.O. thread (and has been happening in the B.O. thread for a couple days now, and will happen again in tomorrows new B.O. thread). You probably didn't even check it first, just saw something somewhere else and posted this in reaction.
You know, it's almost like you latched on to one part of my post instead of reading the whole sentiment so you could conveniently ignore where I pointed out that not everyone reads the Box Office thread. Like you'd rather derail this thread to be about why it shouldn't exist instead of discussing the topic at hand.

But I'm certain I'm mistaken.

Anung

Un Rama
I highly, highly, highly doubt WB expected to make even a billion off this film considering how much negativity that was surrounding it since the first trailer.

This is straight-up delusional. MoS made nearly 700 million and the last 2 bat-films made a billion each. This was supposed to kick start the DC universe into high gear and set the wheels in motion for a stable of 600 million to 1 billion dollar grossing films. They basically jumped the whole universe set-up part to make that easy billion.

I can't even understand how you can put Superman and Batman in the same film and not make a billion dollars?!

You know, it's almost like you latched on to one part of my post instead of reading the whole sentiment so you could conveniently ignore where I pointed out that not everyone reads the Box Office thread.

I didn't ignore it. I suggested you're one of those people not reading, and were you not one of those people, you might have realized this was a (very large) conversation already happening, and had been happening, and will happen tomorrow when the new B.O. thread goes up specifically about this estimated drop.

Are you basically saying my assumption was correct? You just heard about this shit somewhere else and started this thread without even bothering to check anything else first?

Your whole sentiment and mine aren't at cross-purposes. It's more like yours is a sorta weak explanation as to why mine is being posted at all.

That all said: Conversations are happening here, too, so it's not like this is useless or whatever. There's a difference between "unnecessary" and "useless," too.

yuraya

Disappointing to hear.

The movie was great but was really hurt by a few big flaws. Jesse Eisenberg being the biggest. Such a massive downgrade of a villain compared to Zod.

Snyder and WB need to make this right. Release even more cut footage when it hits blue ray. Don't hold back. Give me that 4 hour R rated cut.

spookyfish

They really should. People are complaining about Eisenberg's Lex, or silly plot points or Superman scenes, or the overuse of slow mo, it wasn't any single one of those. It was Snyder, leading to every one of them, and more.

Truth.

"Jesse, I know you're auditioning for Jimmy Olsen, which is what you're best suited for, but let's take it another direction ..."

Ugh. Horrible casting. And I like Cavill as Superman/Clark: he just needs a director and writers that understand the character.

J_Viper

I find this disheartening, as I enjoyed the darker tone, and fear that WB will now try to lighten things up as a response.

Oh well.

RDreamer

Disappointing to hear.

The movie was great but was really hurt by a few big flaws. Jesse Eisenberg being the biggest. Such a massive downgrade of a villain compared to Zod.

Snyder and WB need to make this right. Release even more cut footage when it hits blue ray. Don't hold back. Give me that 4 hour R rated cut.

Ugh, Eisenberg was a way better villain than Zod.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Honestly, WB can't be happy at all these past few years. Last year was full of bombas for them, Pan, Jupiter Ascending, We Are Your Friends, Our Brand is Crisis, Entourage, and more. Most of their successful movies was low budget comedy + San Andreas and whatever take away from American Sniper came.

Now this is the year where BvS is supposed to kickstart their super hero universe and it has fallen flat on its face. LOTR is done with. DCCU is off to a piss poor start. They better hope the new Potter series catches on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooooo called it.
I knew the movie would make a killing opening weekend, but would drop harder than Supes after getting hit with a Kryptonite bullet.

Malyse

Truth.

"Jesse, I know you're auditioning for Jimmy Olsen, which is what you're best suited for, but let's take it another direction ..."

Ugh. Horrible casting. And I like Cavill as Superman/Clark: he just needs a director and writers that understand the character.
I don't think they can salvage Superman, TBH. Either we reboot completely or we stay with Cynicman.

Arnie7

Banned
I'd still rather watch BvS any day of the week than have to endure watching Age of Ultron or Thor 2 again. Now those deserved to flop.

You think anyone's going to be talking about those films still in 10 years time? Even Deadpool is flavour of the month zeitgeist claptrap. BvS will still be on peoples minds wether you like it or not.

Dalek

Does anyone have that "Force Awakens Box Office" image where the guy posted "Wait till March 25. Then we'll talk."?

I'd still rather watch BvS any day of the week than have to endure watching Age of Ultron or Thor 2 again. Now those deserved to flop.

You think anyone's going to be talking about those films still in 10 years time? Even Deadpool is flavour of the month zeitgeist claptrap. BvS will still be on peoples minds wether you like it or not.

But what did you think of Ironman 3?

Raguel

Somuchflavorbutyoudecidedtobesalty.pic

Bat v supes will be on everyone's mind in a way that a big wet dump is on a person's mind.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

What? What makes you say that?

Moppeh

Banned
I highly, highly, highly doubt WB expected to make even a billion off this film considering how much negativity that was surrounding it since the first trailer.

It's Batman fighting Superman with Wonder Woman and was the lead in to a gigantic cinematic universe to rival Marvel's. Not to mention the fact that hitting one billion isn't the mega-accomplishment it used to be. WB is gonna be pissed if this doesn't reach a billion.

In the year 2016:

"Hey, remember that shitty Batman vs. Superman movie?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom