• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman V Superman’ Takes A Dive With -70% Second Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Baloney. It's a movie with Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman together on screen for the first time. This movie having worse legs than Barbara Gordon is not a win.
Holy shit

I wouldn't call Superman bankable nowadays.
No fault through the IP, it's the knuckleheads handling it. Trying to turn him into everything he isn't
gH57F5U.jpg

Hahahaha the Ancient League was cool as fucl.

How Obsidian Age isn't an animated movie is crazy.

Finally saw it last night with a buddy and we thought it was ok. Nothing great really and imo it felt like the movie was a mess with so much jumping around from scene to scene.

I really liked Affleck as Batman though. Can't wait for his standalone movie. GAL Gadot as Wonder woman was awesome too.

I do feel like CAVILL is a really good Superman just that he has been horribly miss handled by Snyder...

EISENBERG played a better Joker then a Lex Luthor in that movie.

Is Snyder already on for Justice League? Because he's the main problem of this franchise so far. He just doesn't understand how Superman should be done. Imo he got Batman right even with him killing fools.

Cipherr

It doesn't, really, though.

Nothing happening in here that isn't already happening in the B.O. thread (and has been happening in the B.O. thread for a couple days now, and will happen again in tomorrows new B.O. thread). You probably didn't even check it first, just saw something somewhere else and posted this in reaction.

Recent Superhero box office related threads that got standalone threads:

Deadpool shatters record with $47.5M opening day
Deadpool crosses the 700 million mark

Its..... really not abnormal to talk about this stuff. In separate threads I mean. Both of those threads also could have taken their discussions 100% inside the box office threads, but new news new thread means this is how it works. Good news or bad.

I'd still rather watch BvS any day of the week than have to endure watching Age of Ultron or Thor 2 again. Now those deserved to flop.

You think anyone's going to be talking about those films still in 10 years time? Even Deadpool is flavour of the month zeitgeist claptrap. BvS will still be on peoples minds wether you like it or not.

Thor 2 is just bland shit.

Disagree with AoU, and I didn't like it. Much much better movie than BvS.

okdakor

They really should. People are complaining about Eisenberg's Lex, or silly plot points or Superman scenes, or the overuse of slow mo, it wasn't any single one of those. It was Snyder, leading to every one of them, and more.

You were right about him, you always have been right about him! Fear him!

I'd still rather watch BvS any day of the week than have to endure watching Age of Ultron or Thor 2 again. Now those deserved to flop.

You think anyone's going to be talking about those films still in 10 years time? Even Deadpool is flavour of the month zeitgeist claptrap. BvS will still be on peoples minds wether you like it or not.

DEADPOOL was FAR better then BvS.

I was really hyped for BvS but after finally seeing it last night, I understand they reviews it has gotten. SNYDER just let me down In a huge way. The movie was a mess when it should have never been a mess....

The theater was pretty empty when we watched it but the last trailer shown for Civil War with Spidey got more claps and cheers then the whole movie did...

Edit: I still can't belive at the laziness of how the rest of the characters in JL were revealed.... I mean through an email and video? Common Snyder....

Also that dream sequence...wtf. Flash mentions lois Lane and how she's the key in the dream he had yet after that they never mention that sequence again.... I mean really wtf?

Dalek

Wonder how this will affect Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Wonder Woman is waiting on her email from Batman right now.

Hey does anyone have that image where it showed Force Awakens Top Box Office, and then it shows a picture of the poster for BvS and says "come back March 25th and then we'll talk?"

javac

How could they fuck up this badly. This should have been a home run and instead they fumble and trip over the starting line. Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman in the same film and they fucked it all to hell! Congrats.

massoluk

Banned
The film isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near the disaster some people make out.

Yup, a disappointment for sure, but pretty much an average movie.

The first 2/3 is a mess, too much shits going on with the bullshit transitions not helping.

Aselith

How does a drop like that compare to the Avenger's films?

59.4 look like for Ultron which is ok
50.3 for Avengers which is good

Star Wars is probably the best recent blockbuster at 39.8. It seems really hard to hold those huge openings into the second weekend.

Even Jurassic World saw a 49% drop in the second weekend.

Mrbob

A Batman and Superman movie is barely going to beat Deadpool worldwide and not in the States. Think about that for second. The second weekend bomba is real. I'd love to be in an office listening to WB execs.

okdakor

Wonder how this will affect Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Too late to cancel Wonder Woman, and it could be fun.
Flash seems easy to get right.
Aquaman, if they find a way to make him look like he's not holding his breath underwater, maybe.
Cyborg is toast.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Well, I enjoyed it. I am dismayed that it has had such a critical beat down, since that probably means the DCEU will go more formulaic and reserved for JL and the solo films. There is a reason I have skipped most of the late Marvel movies and most blockbusters in general. I just don't have any time to spend on straight popcorn films anymore. I did enjoy GotG though, although not like many people that I know.

guek

Banned
Ultimate Cut will save this movie

Right guy?

You joke but I'm gonna be so annoyed when the director's cut turns out to be a decent movie and the fanboys start shitting on marvel again as if they're coming from a point of sophistication and maturity.

Aselith

Still will pass billion probably.

Overall I think this isn't just the movie, but generally the sign of people slowly getting tired of superhero movies. It's not like they will collapse anytime soon and we;ll still see them regularly passing 700 mln, but I doubt anything in next few years will be able to beat first Avengers in box office.

I bet it tops at about 800 million which is still a decent earning...if this were supposed to be a standalone film... but this was supposed to be their all guns blazing huge Cinematic Universe introduction. That's pretty lackluster considering what it's supposed to set up and the hype around it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You can't afford to start a franchise with a bad movie. Not only was this a movie that only nerds could understand but it simply failed to entertain. It was utterly po-faced and there was nothing for kids and casual viewers to enjoy outside of some fancy explosions and one scene of Batman punching people.

Anth0ny

this is legit unbelievable

if it doesn't hit a billion worldwide that's a huge failure. that's ASM2-esque where desperate changes need to be made.

this is legit unbelievable

if it doesn't hit a billion worldwide that's a huge failure. that's ASM2-esque where desperate changes need to be made.

I don't see how it can. It's doing poorly everywhere- overseas gross won't save it as it did with the transformers films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom