• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - X360/PS3 Multiplayer Demo Out - post#2608 is WIN

Razor210 said:
One team doing this wrecked A and kept us in a state of panic that they could make attacks on B. And it's damned hard to destroy it from such a distance, unless you could communicate to make sure you had 4 rockets hit it at the same time.

Amazing how people find new ways to play this game.

Also, why is it easier to simply Destruction 2.0 some buildings than plant the charge? After some tank rounds hit A on the first area, it's so easy to put a C4 charge in each corner and detonate. Same goes for B of the next section.
my strategy to take these out is to take a quad that the offense hand delivers, C4 it up, then drive around the back road, come up from behind and detonate the quad in the rear of the tank. it's usually a suicide mission, since you waste about 6 seconds going up the back way, but it's not like you can drive right at the tank without getting blown to bits.

abuC said:
Yeah, sometimes in BC1 depending on the map I would be recon and pretty much camp out on an ammo crate and throw out an endless wave of motion mines. I can see why they toned it down.
yep, on the smaller maps and the final crates on harvest day, i spam sooo many sensors!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dralla said:
Got a cool "BF style" kill last game. im surprised this doesn't happen more often, I guess the person has to be right up against the wall.
Happens to me all the time as an engineer :lol I use my rockets constantly against walls where the enemies are. Nice kill though!

After having used the engineer class some more I'd have to say I had underrated it. Still trying to get the hang of how the tracking system for the RPG's works, but that SMG is really accurate and spits out the entire mag in a couple of seconds. Feels like a pretty sneaky class, great in close quarters. Granted there's only 20 bullets so if you run into an enemy after you've shot another you're kind of screwed. So bob and weave, hit and run. I kind of like it. Feel like a ninja.

Especially during the start of this one round. Spawned at a base just before the enemy blew up the second crate. Knew there'd be guys running out of the building so I ran in through the back door and BRRRT'd them one by one. And almost one more guy, but I ran out of ammo, but because I felt like Rambo at this point I just ran down there and stabbed him and stole his gear. Think I got five in a row before retreating. Pretty amazing that I didn't get shot as I made my escape. Did catch one bullet at the very end, turned around to return fire only to have one of the guys chasing me fall over by my teammates' bullets. Then a friendly tank rolled up beside me. :D

That entire round went pretty great. Ended up at 27-4, 17 awards and 3610 combat points. Got a 470+ multikill when I blew up a jeep.

Treo360

dralla said:
I've noticed a lot of people sitting back with the tank in the first area lately. They sit in the hill area and try and pick people off from distance. I don't know if I have ever seen it actually work since the payoff is so small. I know it's tough to use tanks in area 1, but sitting back there isn't doing any good either. Maybe the're just tagging people?

Sitting back definitely works in some other areas though, just not here.

Not entirely true. You can take out Alpha and the building behind it. Not to mention provide anti-sniper cover against the snipers in the rear platform.

I've been playing around with the Shotty/Assault class for both defense and offense. Mine the area around you with 6 c4's and wait for your prey (on defense) for offense I just level Alpha/Bravo on the second objective. It takes 12 charges, but it's fun as hell to hear that building groan, and see the +50's rack up.

Menelaus

Banned
abuC said:
I don't see how, using the shotgun with recon makes more sense because of the motion sensors.
You're seriously defending a shitty motion sensor over UNLIMITED C4?!

If you're a good player with half of your wits, you don't need a shitty motion sensor. If you have unlimited C4, you should have your whole zone booby trapped.

GWX

VibratingDonkey said:
Granted there's only 20 bullets so if you run into an enemy after you've shot another you're kind of screwed. So bob and weave, hit and run. I kind of like it. Feel like a ninja.

Wait until you unlock XM8 Compact. 30 rounds per clip. Awesomeness.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
dralla said:
6 minute medic vid. I always capture B like that. it's weird how people never check the pipe area. going from a 50" kuro to a 19" POS is tough, I didn't even see that tank that gunned me down. HD and 5.1 gives you a big advantage.

http://tinypic.com/m/978r6c/1

Oooh......that's how you open doors /noob.

Irish

The Faceless Master said:
ffffffuuuuuccccckkkkk!!!!!

a piece of an exploding helicopter landed on me just now.

"you committed suicide"

I believe I can now consider you as my brother, Faceless.

Irish said:
1) I was on the turret in the anti-air tank shooting at a Blackhawk (pilot only, because people are idiots) when it started spinning out of control a couple hundred feet away from me. I stopped worrying about it and started shooting towards the objectives when all of the sudden I randomly commit suicide. As it turns out, the copter managed to spin it's way right over me and crack in half. The front half fell on top of me. >=(

Treo360

Menelaus said:

If you're a good player with half of your wits, you don't need a shitty motion sensor. If you have unlimited C4, you should have your whole zone booby trapped.

Yup yup!:D

abuC

Menelaus said:

Yes, Im defending motion sensors over unlimited C4, what good is planting a whole bunch of C4 if you're on offense? When I use Recon with a shotgun Im constantly pushing forward, not setting up a camp ground full of C4, when I have a shotgun with that class my goal is to press and move into buildings and gain control of them.

While you're hiding in the bushes with the C4 trigger waiting for someone to stumble into your little trap, I'll have killed a room full of people and armed a crate :)

Razor210

abuC said:
Yes, Im defending motion sensors over unlimited C4, what good is planting a whole bunch of C4 if you're on offense? When I use Recon with a shotgun Im constantly pushing forward, not setting up a camp ground full of C4, when I have a shotgun with that class my goal is to press and move into buildings and gain control of them.

While you're hiding in the bushes with the C4 trigger waiting for someone to stumble into your little trap, I'll have killed a room full of people and armed a crate :)
1. Let other players fight around A on the first base for a few minutes, causing damage to building
2. Set C4 in building at each corner
3. Detonate
4. Profit

This works for B on the second base as well.

Irish

abuC said:
Yes, Im defending motion sensors over unlimited C4, what good is planting a whole bunch of C4 if you're on offense?

Um, taking out every single fucking objective in the game, while also killing buildings full of people? :p

abuC

Razor210 said:
1. Let other players fight around A on the first base for a few minutes, causing damage to building
2. Set C4 in building at each corner
3. Detonate
4. Profit

This works for B on the second base as well.

It works in some situations, not all, also I usually play with people that actually hand out ammo crates so it's not like I have a finite supply of C4 when I use Recon+Shotgun.

Irish said:
Um, taking out every single fucking objective in the game, while also killing buildings full of people? :p

The point of this is that Recon + Shotgun + motion sensors > Assault + Shotgun + C4.

reetva

Banned
Yesterday, I had the best round. I was playing with some top-notch teammates on offense, and we got to the last base. The round was nearing a close with A taken down, but some excellent players got into the chopper and start mowing us down. I eventually rocketed them to Hell with thirty tickets left, and I charged up the hill to prevent them from taking the chopper when it respawned. I met them at the helipad, and took the chopper with almost no health left. I flew it forward and bailed, causing it to crash and take out someone with their gun pointed at me. In the resulting confusion, I took out the three chopper masters while parachuting. I ran to B to set the charge, (my heart pounding faster than a hummingbird can flap its wings) rendezvousing with some teammates on the way. We took everyone in the building down and not one of us died after I planted the charge. We won with fifteen tickets to spare.

I can die happy.

Irish

Motion mines don't do much for me when I'm on offense. I can normally spot anyone who happens to be near me or is coming near me as I load 6 C4 on the objectives, blow 'em, and repeat. I actually prefer using my M9 instead of the shotgun though.

abuC

Irish said:
Motion mines don't do much for me when I'm on offense. I can normally spot anyone who happens to be near me or is coming near me as I load 6 C4 on the objectives, blow 'em, and repeat. I actually prefer using my M9 instead of the shotgun though.

Are you on PS3 or 360?

I use the motion mines when Im about to enter a building, you can't spot someone when they're in a building away from windows or hiding in an attic. I don't use a handgun when I have a shotgun, I choose the tracer gun. The beta was even better for shotgun use, I'd use the sabot rounds, with the marksman bullets perk and basically drop people from 20 feet with one shot.

ffffffuuuuuccccckkkkk!!!!!

a piece of an exploding helicopter landed on me just now.

"you committed suicide"

The other night me and my friend manged to get in the defender's Apache (as always:lol ) and as I was waiting for the rotors to spin up all hell broke loose at the helipad. I was killed in the pilot seat and was yelling at my friend to switch and take off but 50cal rounds tore the chopper up. I was watching this on the killcam on the dude who shot me. Then I saw the tail of the Apache spin around, kill the dude who shot me, pick up his body, and thew it from the helipad to yellow gas containers at the corner of the harbor...His torso leading the way as his arms and legs flailed behind :lol :lol :lol :lol

Treo360

abuC said:
Are you on PS3 or 360?

I use the motion mines when Im about to enter a building, you can't spot someone when they're in a building away from windows or hiding in an attic. I don't use a handgun when I have a shotgun, I choose the tracer gun. The beta was even better for shotgun use, I'd use the sabot rounds, with the marksman bullets perk and basically drop people from 20 feet with one shot.

I use a grenade to see for me. Toss one up, and if I hear "Watch out Grenade!" Then I know. Else I toss a C4 up outside the attic to blow the roof out.

Irish

PS3

It's all preference I suppose. My knife finger is extremely quick and with the pistol, I feel like can cover myself for at least twenty feet. Most of the time, once I'm near a base, I don't die easily.

abuC

Treo360 said:
I use a grenade to see for me. Toss one up, and if I hear "Watch out Grenade!" Then I know. Else I toss a C4 up outside the attic to blow the roof out.

I do all of these things as well, but sometimes you have to run up in there like the Terminator and put people down quickly, and for me nothing does that better than the shotgun.

I'll be sending you a request Irish :D

Menelaus

Banned
Bragging about using C4 and a shotgun when you don't have unlimited ammo with either when I do is kind of ridiculous.

Keep your sensor and watch me outscore you :D

basis

abuC said:
Yeah, sometimes in BC1 depending on the map I would be recon and pretty much camp out on an ammo crate and throw out an endless wave of motion mines. I can see why they toned it down.

yeh. at least now they reward you. in ol' BC1 i would just be spamming sensor balls to no end and be last in the match, but i'd rather do that then loose the match.

Just had the most amazing game I've had yet. Went 42-20 as a Medic, had double digit Revives, healed a ton of guys, had over 7 assists, had the top squad, had the highest score in the game, had 5 kills from a stationary gun, a ton of defend 4 station pins...It was just ridiculous. My list of medals at the end was insanely long. Can't wait for this game.

Menelaus

Banned
abuC said:
:D

I doubt that.
Where's your logic?

While you're throwing your dodgeball around, I'm reupping my ammo and busting faces and crates up. You're just wrong, flat out, and you're going down with your ship happily!

abuC said:
I don't see how, using the shotgun with recon makes more sense because of the motion sensors.
I agree, for CQB it's a massive advantage to know where your enemies are before you enter the room with your shotty.

abuC

Menelaus said:
Where's your logic?

While you're throwing your dodgeball around, I'm reupping my ammo and busting faces and crates up. You're just wrong, flat out, and you're going down with your ship happily!

You get pts for motion mine assists too, it's not like Im throwing them out strictly for myself. Why re-up your ammo when you're just going to be re-spawning with a full load out :D, the next time you're using assault with the shottie and someone knifes you in the back while you're trying to set up one of your traps, remember this "Sensaaa transmittin".

abuC

endlessflood said:
I agree, for CQB it's a massive advantage to know where your enemies are before you enter the room with your shotty.

That's what Im talkin about

high-five-0808-lg-76258126.jpg

No way Im climbing a ladder without knowing if someone is chilling in the attic.

abuC

on offense, i usually go with the ammo pack, on defense, sensors.

Im unorthodox like that :D

Just played against Irish, was supposed to be on the same team but ended up on the other hopefully they fix that for the full game. If Im in a squad don't break it up just to drop us in the same game. His team won, but he felt the might of the shotgun up close and personal, and his friend to his right too. He got me with the ole ATV loaded with explosives trick, bastard.

I was 62-7 at the end, but still lost, sucks to be on a team with randoms.

Jtrizzy said:
I really hope we get party chat from Sony soon. This shit sucks right now when playing with more than 4 players.
The irony is that it's just about impossible to get more than 3 of your friends into the same game as you anyway... You can get your squad of 4 set up before you start, but after that any other friends who want to join you have to rely on there being spare slots in the game you're playing. And even those might not necessarily be on the same team.

It's probably the most disappointing aspect of BFBC2 for me :(

Pumpkins

Gosh, the explosions in this game are just so satisfying.

It's like they took every appealing aspect of an explosion and injected all of that visual goodness into the game. Gosh. Can't wait.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This game is keeping me from getting trophies, seriously

I haven't touched Bayonetta or BioShock 2 because of this demo (2 fucking weeks straight), my f'n god

I can't stop learning, there are always new things I learn

I was on the attackers, game just started, I land myself right beneath the UAV post, grab it, and made a bee line, to the 3 story building overlooking crate B, shoot missile @ the second floor, 3 dead, multiple kills, rotate UAV to the back of the building, hover at floor 3, kill the guy manning the Heavy MG, and Road Kill a Recon covering the balcony area

Look towards A, 2 of my teammates there, I spot like 5 dudes for them, all drop, 5x Spot Assist, shoot a missile to the corner of the house that has crate A in it, 2 were camping, those 2 die

So with-in 3-5 minutes of the game, I have 7 kills from UAV, while I'm spotting away

By the time the game is over, we won, with 15 tickets left, I had racked up a total XP of 43580, so many Anti-Vehicles, Air Combat, Vehicle Proficiency+ (3 of them, the gold star one)

I even got like 3 of those 10,000 XP ribbons/patches, so going 58-4 with that much shit was amazing.

Only got 2 dog tags, but a fuck ton of medals, I think I counted at least 35+

My UAV skills are getting so good, that I can take out the defenders choppers, before they can lift off, netting me double kills over and over
The Apache in that game got blown up 8 times before they shot my UAV down, then I just hopped into the tank, and heavy mg the shit of the heli, 2 more times

My squadmate even stole their apache, and I got stabbed while manning the UAV, so I respawned inside the cockpit, and rained down another 24 souls before game over

This is the first time a game that has literally has made me stop being a trophy whore and enjoy/experience it with open arms and learn, and its only the fucking demo ; ;

Pumpkins said:
Gosh, the explosions in this game are just so satisfying.

It's like they took every appealing aspect of an explosion and injected all of that visual goodness into the game. Gosh. Can't wait.
Quite right. The explosions in the first game (and BF1943) were pretty suck, but they obviously knew that aspect needed some work for BFBC2 and they delivered :D

noah111

Still Alive
endlessflood said:
Nicely played. Don't forget to spot (i.e. mark) your enemies though!
Still don't have my PS3 but I got a chance to play again at a friends house, and now that I remember I can mark guys I do it all the time.

For example if I know i'm near death and am in a firefight, I usually try and press select on him if I can, just in case I die someone else can get him.

I'm not even sure how my finger are working out those maneuvers either, but they are! :lol

Taurus

dralla said:
Got a cool "BF style" kill last game. im surprised this doesn't happen more often, I guess the person has to be right up against the wall.
I do it all the time. When attacking the first set of crates and going for Alpha I always spam about 5 40mm grenades into Alpha house and the house behind it, and usually get 1-3 kills.

Got a double kill yesterday with 1 40mm grenade. Some guys were hugging or something inside one of the houses near the wall, spam grenade = double kill.

The boxes at the start of the path up to the final m-comms are such an awesome staging point. Good sniper protection, impossible to be flanked, gives a nice killzone for nade spam, and has enough paths out to scramble once they send in the tanks. Oh and it's so easy to plant a C4 garden. Just need a couple of people covering the road below and it's basically auto-lockdown.

I actually think it's fairly game-breaking, the fucking T-90 can't even bust open a few boxes.

Top Bottom