• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch dead at 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyman

Banned
NBAJAMBeasties.jpg

Wow, memories.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. The Beastie Boys were a favorite of mine as a teenager. MCA was an icon.

Anyone that says Beasties sucked is a moron. You may not like them, but to deny their talent is idiotic.

I remember about a decade ago when they let fans make their own greatest hits album online, then it got mailed to us, allowing us to name the cd collection too. Gonna listen to my double cd Asscakes Johnson Sings The Blues tonight.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My friends and I drove around the entire summer after I graduated high school listening to Hello Nasty all day. That album is a huge part of my youth and it's massively important to me.

God.

:(

see5harp

Paul's Boutique - Check Your Head - Ill Communication are my favorite albums of theirs. I respect their early work but I was always more of a fan of their hip-hop and groove orientated stuff so the early party records were kinda novelty albums to me. Still, MCA was always my favorite rapper of the bunch.

Kad5

220px-BeastieBoysPaul%27sBoutique.jpg

Paul's Boutique will probably always be my favorite 80s hip hop album.

And any Beastie Boys fan should listen to this. It's their most underrated and best album for sure. No doubt about it.

Vire

Wow, what a terrible week.

Sad sad news. RIP.

I have the best memories of listening to Beastie Boys while playing MK2 and 3.

Muffdraul

I'm generally not too affected by celebrity deaths, but I feel weird right now. Lump in throat, skin on my face feels tight or something... this fucking sucks. He was always my favorite Beastie.

MCA is dead. Long live MCA.

Eric Hall

Fuck, this was an awful thing to come home to following finals. Beastie Boys were one of the first music groups I really remember liking. I am crushed right now

RIP

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man ... I'm speechless, this group was such a huge part of my youth. Paul's Boutique will get played heavily this weekend.

RIP. :(

dvdjamm

I'm too depressed...I've been listening to the Beasties since buying the 12" of Cooky Puss when I was a kid. They will always be one of my favorites in music. RIP Adam Yauch and condolences to the Beasties families. this hurts

Fuck...processing but this one is rough.

"I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom