• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch dead at 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beastie Boys were a huge influence on my development into listening to good music and not just shit that was in my parents CD collection.

RIP

Looking forward to hearing Beastie Boys bummed all weekend long.

D6AMIA6N

Seriously so damn sad. Almost 34, and I remember hearing the Beasties for the first time in elementary school, loved them ever since. One of the few bands I've listened to for nearly my whole life. RIP MCA.

Derrick01

Banned
RIP from a fellow New Yorker. This hurts pretty bad, they were huge to me and the other kids around my age back in NY in the 90s.

Well I'm On 'Til The Crack Of Dawn
Mowing Down M.C.'s Like I'm Mowing A Lawn
I Go Off Like Nothing Can Phase Me
You Think We'll Ever Meet Stevie? One Of These Days, D.
But I Can Stand My Ground And I Am Down
To Wax An M.C. Who Acts Like A Clown
But For Now, I'd Like To Ask You How
You Like The Feel Of The Bass In Your Face In The Crowd

Really gutted about this. The Beastie Boys are one of my all time favorite bands and they had a huge influence on me when I was younger. MCA always seemed like the heart and conscience of the band to me. The essays he wrote in the booklet for the Sounds of Science were really smart and funny too, I love reading them when that album first came out. RIP Adam Yauch.

D6AMIA6N

Last post about this. I am a grown man, literally almost in tears at work about another man I never personally knew. I guess it speaks volumes about the impact the Beasties and MCA had on my life.

Machine

I bought Licensed to Ill on cassette back in late 1986 or early 1987 and played it nonstop. I've been a fan ever since. RIP MCA.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
it's soooo sooooooo strange to hear this. I mean I grew up listening to them (him) and when I was listening to BB I felt like they would live forever.

and now MCA is dead.

RIP, man. We had fun times.

ACESmkII

Damn this is tragic news. I had no idea he had cancer.

Beastie Boys license to I'll was one of my very first cassette tapes when I was a youngster. He will be missed.

RIP

Dyno

Such an awful, unfair shame. Their music was justification for all the dumb, stupid fun we had in high school. As my friends and I grew up, so did they.

Especially sad because MCA was still killin 'em as much as ever. He could have been part of a dozen more good BB records. RIP

I wonder if we'll still have new BB records with just Ad-Rock and D?

Born and bred Brooklyn — U.S.A.
They call me Adam Yauch but I'm M.C.A.
Like a lemon to a lime, a lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women

RIP you influential mastermind

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Heard news on the radio while returning from work and they played Sabotage right after that news.

Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom