• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billy Corgan pulls off heel turn, files lawsuit against his own wrestling company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
It's still not his company and he has been keeping it alive, if anyone did a heel turn it was Dixie. Like I said, so research before making a thread.
If someone has been bankrolling a company few months and has made decisions they are a owner.

How hard is it to get facts correct before making a thread? TNA was never Corgan's company.

Except TNA has gotten better since he got involved, though yeah, dude still isn't right in the head.

None of that is true, TNA is safe until at least the end of the year, you're making shit up. And the rights issue was one episode and that's it from what has been said.

Despite the circlejerk on the internet, TNA going out of business would suck, they are genuinly better than Raw most weeks, Dixie is just a complete fucking idiot, but that doesn't mean it's funny for a company to go out of business and lots of people losing their jobs.

The only thing safe until the end of the year is the slate of takings they have completed. The company can still be sold for scrap at anytime.

If anything Total Nonstop Deletion is going to be TNA going out on their own terms, or at least those of the seven deities and Broken Matt Hardy.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's still not his company and he has been keeping it alive, if anyone did a heel turn it was Dixie. Like I said, so research before making a thread.
Are you a moderator at TNAMecca, perhaps?

I have no interest in doing any research just so you don't have to flip your shit over semantics from the phrasing of a thread title. I know he owns a minority stake and that minority stake makes him a minority owner of TNA. And that means that, unless this stake was bought out before the lawsuit that we don't know about, he's still suing his own company, even if it isn't just his.

And even if disregarding all that, the title as made by AV Club obviously references wrestling terms, in complete kayfabe, Corgan is the on-air president of TNA, he's their Stephanie McMahon, so if you must have an accurate title so you don't completely lose it, pretend it's kayfabe and you're good.

FyreWulff

for the non wrestling fans

Dixie bought TNA with her family's money.

Dixie lost TNA's basic cable TV slot by hiring specifically the one person (Vince Russo) that Spike TV said to not hire. All she had to do was not hire him, and they'd still have the slot. She did it secretly and then accidentally sent an email to Spike TV revealing he was employed by TNA.

She's had multiple chances and offers of well known bookers and strategists running the company. All she needed to to was give them complete creative control. However, she's egotistical as all hell and has always insisted on having final control, because she wants to play with the wrestlers on TV as well. Some bookers have started great ideas and then Dixie came in and noped all over it..

She's had MULTIPLE big giant companies offer to buy TNA. Viacom (!) even wanted to buy it. But she kept saying no because she wanted to still be the final say on anything creative and business wise. She's willfully endangered the pay of her workers over this shit.

So TNA is sitting at it's current status where the logical thing would be to sell to Corgan, let WWE have the tapes, and continue to live. Literally EVERYONE would win. TNA as a whole would live on, wrestlers keep their jobs, WWE gets content for the network, and most TNA stuff will be available to watch.

But she's so stuck on always being in control that she's apparently now going behind everyone's back and selling off chunks of TNA or at least running up debt instead of just handing the keys over. This will dilute Corgan's eventual share and/or leave TNA saddle with so much debt that the whole thing gets locked up in court for years.

Trojan X

Banned
If someone has been bankrolling a company few months and has made decisions they are a owner.

I'm sorry but that is 100% wrong. Everything depends on whose name is on the company's deed/contract/ownership-papers/proprietorships/accounts. If he is just listed on there as director then he is not the owner. He could have funded the company for 20yrs and directed everything, he still wouldn't be the owner. Everything depends on who is what on the papers including shares.

Downhome

I still think Dixie will allow TNA to completely fold, just go totally out of business, before anything else. She will then sell the tapes to WWE and that will be the end of it with a bunch of people totally left floating and out of work. WWE will pick up a few at much lower pay than they would have received had she done the right thing, many left with nothing.

I do however fully expect Billy Corgan to then start a new company completely from scratch even if that does happen, and pick up who he is financially able to do so. It certainly wont be called TNA. Heck, even if he somehow DID end up being able to buy it I am fairly sure he will totally change the name of the company and completely distance whatever he starts from TNA and Dixie as a whole.

DJKhaled

Well that's just 100% false, clearly have no idea how a business works.

Are you a moderator at TNAMecca, perhaps?

I have no interest in doing any research just so you don't have to flip your shit over semantics from the phrasing of a thread title. I know he owns a minority stake and that minority stake makes him a minority owner of TNA. And that means that, unless this stake was bought out before the lawsuit that we don't know about, he's still suing his own company, even if it isn't just his.

And even if disregarding all that, the title as made by AV Club obviously references wrestling terms, in complete kayfabe, Corgan is the on-air president of TNA, he's their Stephanie McMahon, so if you must have an accurate title so you don't completely lose it, pretend it's kayfabe and you're good.

lol this is such circlejerky shit, it's something you'd read on /r/squaredcircle or The Board, very cringey.

Also, I have no idea what TNA Mecca is.

Fox Mulder

for the non wrestling fans

Dixie bought TNA with her family's money.

Dixie lost TNA's basic cable TV slot by hiring specifically the one person (Vince Russo) that Spike TV said to not hire. All she had to do was not hire him, and they'd still have the slot. She did it secretly and then accidentally sent an email to Spike TV revealing he was employed by TNA.

She's had multiple chances and offers of well known bookers and strategists running the company. All she needed to to was give them complete creative control. However, she's egotistical as all hell and has always insisted on having final control, because she wants to play with the wrestlers on TV as well. Some bookers have started great ideas and then Dixie came in and noped all over it..

She's had MULTIPLE big giant companies offer to buy TNA. Viacom (!) even wanted to buy it. But she kept saying no because she wanted to still be the final say on anything creative and business wise. She's willfully endangered the pay of her workers over this shit.

So TNA is sitting at it's current status where the logical thing would be to sell to Corgan, let WWE have the tapes, and continue to live. Literally EVERYONE would win. TNA as a whole would live on, wrestlers keep their jobs, WWE gets content for the network, and most TNA stuff will be available to watch.

But she's so stuck on always being in control that she's apparently now going behind everyone's back and selling off chunks of TNA or at least running up debt instead of just handing the keys over. This will dilute Corgan's eventual share and/or leave TNA saddle with so much debt that the whole thing gets locked up in court for years.

It sucks for wrestlers and staff, but ultimately, it's still hers to fuck up though.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Billy Corgan has been trying to buy TNA? How have I heard nothing about this?

Also, does this mean that TNA finally has good entrance themes?

Krejlooc

Banned
I thought Billy Corgan was that moody Smashin Pumpkins dude.

lmao me too, I came into this topic and was extremely confused

EDIT: Wait, what the fuck, that is the dude we're actually talking about?

How do you go from front man of The Smashing Pumpkins to owning a wrestling company??

lmao me too, I came into this topic and was extremely confused

EDIT: Wait, what the fuck, that is the dude we're actually talking about?

How do you go from front man of The Smashing Pumpkins to owning a wrestling company??

He's always been an enormous wrestling nerd. Pretty sure he appeared in CM Punk's documentary a few years back.

So it sounds like Dixie Carter is fucking everything up for the 1000th time? How could anyone be surprised? She's an absolute idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom