• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Ross returns! Joy of Painting marathon back on Twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolhandleek

Neo Member
Awwww yeaaah!

Last year I had all most of my immediately family over and my 5 nephews never seen or heard of Bob Ross.

Popped on the Twitch stream with the chat on the side and ever since, the name Bob Ross make us all laugh immediately. And they'll be back today so I can't wait to break this out again.

XenoRaven

I was afraid this wouldn't have much impact since the viewer count on the weekly shows has declined over time, but I'm happy to see people getting into it again.

B.K.

I was driving a few days ago and a commercial came on the radio. It bothered me at first. There was something weird about it, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Right before it ended, I realized they were using the theme song from The Joy of Painting as the background music of the commercial.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
bobross-painting.gif

I can heeaaaaar this in my eaaars maan

Moonkeis

Just started watching this on Twitch, man I forgot how awesome this man was. The chat is pretty damn hilarious too, it's hard for me not to crack up when I have this playing at the office.

SJRB

Gold Member
"Hope to see you again soon"

Brutal. Awesome marathon, really tried to watch as much as I could.

batfax

Looks like they merged the old documentary with a new one about last year's event and jumpstarting Twitch Creative. Pretty alright, but some weird editing stuff happened throughout the first half. Hope they upload it later. Shame we still didn't get to see what Steve's up to.

I'll have my (digital) paints ready again for next year.

Why wait? They've been airing entire seasons every Monday.

B.K.

The documentary clips they showed were depressing. I never knew Bob was wearing a wig during the last season because all his hair was gone. Those few reference paintings for season 32 were nice. It's too bad he wasn't able to finish it.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
just giving this thread a push, because there is a mini marathon running right now on twitch. grab your titanium hwhite and enjoy.

Flakster99

Yup, every weekend I watch a little of him. He really is a pleasure to watch, there is so much content. I think the marathon starts @ 9 or 10PM EST Friday night and runs throughout the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom