• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BigAT said:
Only 15 minutes left, but Giancarlo Esposito (Gus) is on an episode of Law and Order right now on TNT.
Shiieeeeet, thanks for the heads up.

HOLY SHIT HE LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WITH HAIR AND NO GLASSES.

I barely recognize him!

I've seen this ep before! He looks so young!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Just read this on /Film regarding the next episode titled "Fly":

/Film said:
Don’t miss it, it’s the best and easily the most creatively daring of the season (and some fans will say ever), directed by no less a talent than Rian Johnson (Brick).

Couple this with the Lost finale, TV just doesn't get better than this Sunday.

I only got around to watching this weeks yesterday. Skylar's fabricated story was so ridiculously awesome and had me laughing my ass off. Walt leaning in was the best part. :lol Loved how you think she's kind of coming around to Walt and then basically spits in his face at the end. Oh how i love her.

WOW at the impressions for the next episode. I couldn't be more hyped.

VariantX04

dead souls said:
Come on. Lost isn't even in the same universe of quality that Breaking Bad is.
I'm not debating that. Say what you will about Lost, but the finale is one of the most anticipated TV show finales ever and will obviously draw viewers away from Breaking Bad.

bud

heh, i actually got the brick dvd yesterday. will try to watch it beforehand to see what the fuss is all about.

tokkun

I liked Brick a lot, but the style of that movie is almost a polar opposite of Breaking Bad, so I'm not sure what to expect.

bud

have the creators said anything in regards to how long they wanna keep doing the series after s3? i mean, s1 & and s2 were great, and so far s3 is, too--and it'd be a shame if that run of rather excellent seasons would end. which is why i hope it ends sooner rather than later.

VariantX04

bud said:
have the creators said anything in regards to how long they wanna keep doing the series after s3? i mean, s1 & and s2 were great, and so far s3 is, too--and it'd be a shame if that run of rather excellent seasons would end. which is why i hope it ends sooner rather than later.
I think I remember reading something about it being 4 seasons long.

UrbanRats

Gilligan said(in an interview)that he would like it to be 4 season long, but also thatt the story is not written yet and that all it depends on how it will do in terms of popularity.

Wiggum2007

I think four seasons sounds perfect, anything longer and I'd start worrying about the show being able to stay as consistently great as it is now.

UrbanRats

The point of Gilligan was:
• He would like to see BB end with Season 4 finale.
• All the cast/crew involved, though, would like to stretch the experience as long as possible (so they keep working).
• The network will have the final word whenever the show will or not continue, after the season 4.

He also said that he liked what ABC did with Lost(setting a specific number of episodes before the end)although he didn't have time to watch the show. :lol

Hype train continues:

- Ken Tucker with an early review. *spoilers*
I’m breaking (as it were) with precedent and offering a preview-review of tonight’s Breaking Bad, because it’s so good, I’d be shocked if both Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul don’t use the episode for Emmy consideration. There’s more on TV tonight than Lost, folks.

- Poniewozik says:
On the off chance you're not watching Lost, tonight's Breaking Bad is so good it's as if BB is showing off. DVR it, at least.

woodchuck

critics have used the same "i won't be surprised if bryan cranston or aaron paul use this episode for emmy consideration" after each episode :lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Reading that little review of the episode made me so excited that I'm almost considering skipping Lost to watch it. More likely, I'll stay up til 2 am though

UrbanRats

woodchuck said:
critics have used the same "i won't be surprised if bryan cranston or aaron paul use this episode for emmy consideration" after each episode :lol
2q2ik94.jpg

It's THAT good.

dave is ok said:
Reading that little review of the episode made me so excited that I'm almost considering skipping Lost to watch it. More likely, I'll stay up til 2 am though
Yup. I'll wrap up Lost first then start watching Breaking Bad immediately after.

Just posting to say this show is fucking amazing. I sped through S1 and 2, just started S3. I'm not going to read the thread for fear of spoilers but so far S3 is great (I finished I.F.T. last night). Holy shit @ the ending. "I fucked Ted" :lol

What a vindictive thing to do. I wouldn't defend Walt too much considering while he's trying to help his family, he did it in a pretty selfish way. If he got caught or killed all his work would go down the drain and his family would be fucked. He was essentially playing russian roulette with his family.

So yea, respect knuckles for CajoleJuice and BlueTsunami for getting me into this. Carry on, I'll be fully caught up soon enough

KingDirk

Oh man that last monologue Walt gave...

Not gonna lie, teared up a bit.

And god, so tense; you keep on thinking Walt's going to
confess to killing Jane.

Yeah, this is definitely going to be used in Emmy consideration. I cannot imagine that monologue being topped.

EDIT: QUIT SHAMING ALL OTHER TV, BREAKING BAD!

What other show could do something with so little actual incident and almost no plot-progression and still turn in something that amazing? Mad Men's the only thing close I can think of, and while I love that show...

DAMN.

Good job Mr Johnson.

ezekial45

Banned
Everybody's watching LOST by now i'm sure, but this episode was fantastic. There wasn't much action or anything, but it's easily the most emotional episode this series has ever had. I hope Aaron Paul gets an emmy for this season.

Also, Rian Johnson did a great job with this episode. It was very "artsy" and it was very interesting visually.

Speevy

Banned
Great episode. Was nice to know how the characters are feeling about their places in life, and what's happened to them.

KingDirk

UrbanRats said:
Be seeing this in a few hours, was it good as always?

Borderline standout episode for the season, and the most time we've seen Walt and Jesse together since the time they were stranded in the RV. (Similarly a standout from last season.)

So, in a word, yes.

Enoch

Fantastic episode, may be one of my favorites. Not only some great monologues and insight into the characters' emotional states, but it was very funny at times too. For being "about a fly" I felt that it was pretty tense too, especially the second half.

I didn't think this episode was that great.

They obviously tried something different: minimalist, only two characters, only one backdrop (except the scene at the very end).

But the episode didn't move things forward, or add any particularly interesting dramatic tensions.

(The actor's explanation in the post-episode preview doesn't really add up either. Is Walt going crazy because of all the lies? Unlikely, because he's been doing that for ages. There's actually less lying going on at the current stage.)

However, Jesse was great in this episode. ("What's the deal with o-possum?") But then again he's always quite good.

bridegur

Awesome episode. It was funny and surprisingly tense. Also, only 3 episodes left of the show, or of the season? AMC didn't make it very clear.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What a brilliant episode. The tension and drama they were able to create in this scenario with one setting and two characters was great. It felt like S3's version of S2's "4 Days Out". And the fly falling to the floor in slow-motion was awesome. :lol

UrbanRats

Seen it. A masterpiece!
My favourite apisode of the season(that's saying a lot).. just fuckin' perfect, subtle, amazing.
The cut and the directing were stellar.

Now to watch the Lost season finale, but after this.. i know i'll be disappointed.. fuck this show touch you deep sometimes.

EDIT: Yeah, just thinking about it and it had so many great moments.. and it was so beautifully shooted.. i'm actually keeping myself from watching Lost because i wanna "sink" a little deeper in what this episode left me with.

tokkun

Man that ladder scene was so intense!

It kind of felt like the episode was dragging for the first half, but it payed off. It was something of an uneven transition for Jesse's character compared to the previous episode. He's been all over the place this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom