• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

*Splinter

If CCS is indeed scum, surely Gorlak can't be scum as well? But if Gorlak is what CCS says he is... Why did he claim ordinary?
Oh nevermind I get it now. CCS is boned by Kitty's claim. Tries to flip today's vote to Gorlak to save Flame. Tomorrow we would presumably lynch CCS, and by the next day maybe flame has escaped the lingering suspicion.

Yeah that makes sense.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh nevermind I get it now. CCS is boned by Kitty's claim. Tries to flip today's vote to Gorlak to save Flame. Tomorrow we would presumably lynch CCS, and by the next day maybe flame has escaped the lingering suspicion.

Yeah that makes sense.

If you're right this is a pretty terrible play. Why would CCS's claim flip the vote to Gorlak? The 3-day restriction thing makes him sound more like a neutral than anything else - why not keep at least that to themselves to make it a somewhat more believable scum role?

Flame_AC

Yeah that makes sense.

If I'm scum I've done a pretty poor job of it. Even if I make it out of today somehow I'm pretty sure I'd be up on the docket to die again on another day, at least part of the conversation.

*Splinter

If you're right this is a pretty terrible play. Why would CCS's claim flip the vote to Gorlak? The 3-day restriction thing makes him sound more like a neutral than anything else - why not keep at least that to themselves to make it a somewhat more believable scum role?
Yeah that would probably have been better, but the general idea would be "make Gorlak look like a liar, hope town lynches him for it".

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah that would probably have been better, but the general idea would be "make Gorlak look like a liar, hope town lynches him for it".

The thing that gets me is CCS knowing more than just the role name. I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility but it strikes me as odd.

I'm thinking we need to lynch Gorlak then CCS, regardless of Gorlak's flip. Is it a bus?

Flame_AC

I'm really curious to what Gorlak has to say about this whole thing.

Perhaps a role description was given to alleviate people not knowing individual's involved with Brexit's name?

Ourobolus

Banned
Why Gorlak first? He hasn't even given a second claim yet but I'm still leaning Flame.

I'm entertaining the idea that CCS tried to gain town cred by bussing Gorlak - "see? I'm totally a role cop/town!"

I'm not completely sold on it yet, just speaking my thoughts

Fireblend

Banned
I'm really curious to what Gorlak has to say about this whole thing.

Perhaps a role description was given to alleviate people not knowing individual's involved with Brexit's name?

That explains why they're not a flavor name cop, not why they seemingly get a paraphrased version of their target's role PM.

*Splinter

The thing that gets me is CCS knowing more than just the role name. I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility but it strikes me as odd.

I'm thinking we need to lynch Gorlak then CCS, regardless of Gorlak's flip. Is it a bus?
Why? I can't see the logic here to lynching Gorlak first?

Ourobolus

Banned
CCS, who has been red checked, wants us to flip Gorlak before flame.

Why would we do that?

I said I'm only entertaining the idea, but the idea is that CCS would call out Gorlak in order to gain town cred (bus). Again, I'm not completely sold on it, it's just a theory.

Fireblend

Banned
No way CCS would suddenly bus their partner when Flame was(is) guaranteed to be lynched today. You're right that would explain why they know so much about Flame's role, but just coming out with it unprompted like that in the middle of an already ill-fated counterclaim? I wouldn't entertain the possibility unless Flame flips town.

Ourobolus

Banned
No way CCS would suddenly bus their partner when Flame was(is) guaranteed to be lynched today. You're right that would explain why they know so much about Flame's role, but just coming out with it unprompted like that in the middle of an already ill-fated counterclaim? I wouldn't entertain the possibility unless Flame flips town.

The difference is that CCS probably wasn't expecting a cop to call him out today.

*Splinter

I said I'm only entertaining the idea, but the idea is that CCS would call out Gorlak in order to gain town cred (bus). Again, I'm not completely sold on it, it's just a theory.
So... Your theory is he tried to trade the scum who has been generally nullread and is currently in a good position to survive to end game (Gorlak) for the widely suspected and now red-checked scum (CCS himself), and hope that after lynching Gorlak we'd ignore Kitty's result AND not be concerned about CCS' continued survival after ammasing all those townie points?

Ourobolus

Banned
So... Your theory is he tried to trade the scum who has been generally nullread and is currently in a good position to survive to end game (Gorlak) for the widely suspected and now red-checked scum (CCS himself), and hope that after lynching Gorlak we'd ignore Kitty's result AND not be concerned about CCS' continued survival after ammasing all those townie points?

We're also talking about the person that thinks a role cop is a good town counterclaim.

For the millionth time, it doesn't have to be true, I just want to posit the idea.

Flame_AC

It is possible, unlikely perhaps, that the role cop just generates the entire role PM of a person. But I feel like that isn't the case. CCS = scum.

Flame_AC

Bold conclusion there.

I mean, we're all waiting for Gorlak here and there's probably not much I can say to make you feel like I'm vanilla townie.

Random thoughts any of us put out here might trigger something in someone else and we can have a breakthrough, even if it may seem meaningless now.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (3)
Ourobolus 861 1015
Spoiled Milk 867
CCS 920 992
Gorlak 927
Zippedpinhead 952

Gorlak (2)
Crab 960
CCS 992

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, backslashbunny, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Kalor, Kawl_USC, kingkitty, Ourobolus (has previously voted), Poltergust, zeemumu

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 13, backslashbunny 3, CCS 12, Crab 1, Fireblend 19, Flame_AC 19, Gorlak 6, Kalor 10, Kawl_USC 6, kingkitty 12, Ourobolus 45, Poltergust 19, Spoiled Milk 11, zeemumu 3, Zippedpinhead 2

Day 3 ends:
blu_1497027600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Flame_AC

This is a newb question, but does a "flag coming back"/"getting a flag" mean the same thing as a "red check," which is checking the role of a single player?

Fine question since we're not completely sure how it works yet. Kingkitty made it seem like, to me at least, he hands out a flag to one person each night, then if they keep the flag then they voted to Remain in the EU, which for us would be scum. KK then said they gave one to CCS and they apparently kept the flag, meaning they're on Remain which would be a red check/scum. Basically an in flavor cop from the looks of it.

kingkitty

Just to make everything clear as possible

According to my role, as Boris Johnson I have a flag. The flag is named 'Vote Leave'. I give flag to a target each night.

If the flag comes back, that means the target voted to Leave (great).

If the flag does not come back, that means the target voted to Remain (not great).

N1: Target Crab. Flag came back. Target voted to Leave (great).

N2: Target CCS. Flag did not come back. Target voted to Remain (not great).

As well as being Boris Johnson, I am also given a proper name for my role. And it's not "role cop" or "alignment cop" or "flag man". It's Leave Delusionist.

So we have an alignment cop, a red checked person we can't vote for.

That red checked person may or may not be bussing another scum (or just obscuring our current vote)

And a thunderdome.

Did I miss anything else?

Just to make everything clear as possible

According to my role, as Boris Johnson I have a flag. The flag is named 'Vote Leave'. I give flag to a target each night.

If the flag comes back, that means the target voted to Leave (great).

If the flag does not come back, that means the target voted to Remain (not great).

N1: Target Crab. Flag came back. Target voted to Leave (great).

N2: Target CCS. Flag did not come back. Target voted to Remain (not great).

As well as being Boris Johnson, I am also given a proper name for my role. And it's not "role cop" or "alignment cop" or "flag man". It's Leave Delusionist.
Do you only have one flag?

And if you do, would lynching the person who carries it return it?

Flame_AC

So we have an alignment cop, a red checked person we can't vote for.

That red checked person may or may not be bussing another scum (or just obscuring our current vote)

And a thunderdome.

Did I miss anything else?

Gorlak claimed vanilla which CCS disputes. I'm vanilla townie.

Do you only have one flag?

And if you do, would lynching the person who carries it return it?

OOoooooh. That's a good question. Be a pseudo one-shot cop whose ability stops after finding one scum. That'd be pretty clever.

Sorry if I'm breaking the rules by posting in this thread, but what are these Mafia threads? I see them all the time but I never understand what's happening.

Fireblend

Banned
Can't tell if Polter or Flame are fishing for info on Kitty's role because they're genuinely curious or they're scum and would love to know if kk is now powerless.

Flame_AC

Can't tell if Polter or Flame are fishing for info on Kitty's role because they're genuinely curious or they're scum and would love to know if kk is now powerless.

I just thought it'd be an interesting role mechanic, but I mean if it really is one 'shot' then obviously KK shouldn't say anything.

Fireblend

Banned
But if CCS is scum, as per what KK says, wouldn't this mean CCS wants to kill Gorlak by getting us to lunch Gorlak?.

Unless CCS knows for sure you're town and is trying to appear pro-town to you to throw off the scent, thus getting you on his side and making you easier to influence, and Gorlak is a casualty. But why would you be important as a vanilla townie?
If CCS is scum, then they could either be bussing Gorlak like Ouro has been suggesting (which is unlikely as discussed in the previous page) or trying to take pressure away from Flame, it really could go either way, and that's assuming one of them is scum. Regardless, KK's claim is credible and that makes CCS a pretty much guaranteed scum flip, so we're in a "they thought we thought they thought etc" scenario.

Or I guess KK could be completely lying about all of this to get us to not lynch Gorlak, which would mean that CCS is on track and Gorlak is definitely mafia.
Before KK claimed, town was pretty much set on lynching Flame. Why fake-claim to "save" Gorlak at a time when he really wasn't at risk? Remember KK claimed first, then CCS counterclaimed.

Flame_AC

But if CCS is scum, as per what KK says, wouldn't this mean CCS wants to kill Gorlak by getting us to lunch Gorlak?.

Unless CCS knows for sure you're town and is trying to appear pro-town to you to throw off the scent, thus getting you on his side and making you easier to influence, and Gorlak is a casualty. But why would you be important as a vanilla townie?

Or I guess KK could be completely lying about all of this to get us to not lynch Gorlak, which would mean that CCS is on track and Gorlak is definitely mafia.

Say CCS is scum role checker, then it is possible Gorlak could have lied and CCS is trying to use the lie to buy some town cred by lynching the liar, since Gorlak claimed vanilla. Of course we'd all still lynch CCS tomorrow, at least almost certainly, barring some other crazy thing.

If CCS is trying to appear town to me and flip my opinion of them, they're doing a bad job cause that's where my vote went on Day 2 and will go again on Day 4 if I make it.

If KK was lying somehow, then it only really costs town Day 4 when we lynch CCS and find out that KK was lying the whole time. If that happens then KK is lynched the next day (and Gorlak goes soon after probably).

One way or another, one of KK and CCS is scum, and it's more likely to be CCS.

On the off chance their both town we're in a big heap of trouble. Gorlak/me die today, CCS the next day, KK the day after. Puts town at D7 with a horrible lynch record.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm confused. Isn't this information helpful for town, too?

How would it be? Scum would have the advantage because if they know KK has no shots left then they know they can de-prioritize him and look for other people to NK. If they know KK has any shots left or is unlimited or whatever, they'll prioritize killing them. That's much more valuable than what we would do with that same information - I trust Kitty to use their role to the best of their abilities, that's it. It's way better to leave scum in the dark in that regard.

Flame_AC

If we lynch you today and you're revealed to be vanilla town, does this mean that you think Gorlak is scum for sure?

Nope. I think Gorlak is town as well. (unless it's true that they set up the thunderdome in which case I think they're neutral.) But for the likely outcome, I'm town, Gorlak is town, and this is a bad thunderdome cause it's stopping us from nailing CCS.

How would it be? Scum would have the advantage because if they know KK has no shots left then they know they can de-prioritize him and look for other people to NK. If they know KK has any shots left or is unlimited or whatever, they'll prioritize killing them. That's much more valuable than what we would do with that same information - I trust Kitty to use their role to the best of their abilities, that's it. It's way better to leave scum in the dark in that regard.

I dunno. I think knowing if the flag can be re-obtained can make it so that we can prioritize on keeping kingkitty alive.

I mean, based on what happened (or I guess, didn't happen) last night, we definitely have some defensive options in our disposal.

That said, I guess it doesn't really matter in this particular instance. Regardless of whether kingkitty has used up his power or not I'll most likely be voting for CCS tomorrow anyways.

Fireblend

Banned
Nope. I think Gorlak is town as well. (unless it's true that they set up the thunderdome in which case I think they're neutral.) But for the likely outcome, I'm town, Gorlak is town, and this is a bad thunderdome cause it's stopping us from nailing CCS.

So you think CCS is outright lying about everything? That would make their play even worse than it already is, because they opened themselves up to the true thunderdome-maker claiming and voiding their strategy for no benefit at all to scum. I'm pretty sure CCS is a scum-aligned (or remain-voter) role cop. If not, then one of their scum partners is one.

Flame_AC

I dunno. I think knowing if the flag can be re-obtained can make it so that we can prioritize on keeping kingkitty alive.

I mean, based on what happened (or I guess, didn't happen) last night, we definitely have some defensive options in our disposal.

That said, I guess it doesn't really matter in this particular instance. Regardless of whether kingkitty has used up his power or not I'll most likely be voting for CCS tomorrow anyways.

Agree with Fireblend. There's no point in knowing right now how many shots/flags KK has. The doctor/whatever knows KK has a role and anyone who wants to use one on KK can.

Fireblend

Banned
Flame, since you're around and are most likely getting lynched today, what are your top town/scum reads? Other than CCS being scum of course.

Flame_AC

So you think CCS is outright lying about everything? That would make their play even worse than it already is, because they opened themselves up to the true thunderdome-maker claiming and voiding their strategy for no benefit at all to scum. I'm pretty sure CCS is a scum-aligned (or remain-voter) role cop. If not, then one of their scum partners is one.

I honestly don't know. I feel like I misspoke. I should have said that I don't think Gorlak is scum, but I instead said town /=/ non-scum.

Flame_AC

Flame, since you're around and are most likely getting lynched today, what are your top town/scum reads? Other than CCS being scum of course.

Town / Lean:
kingkitty
Crab
backslashbunny
Spoiled Milk
...big gap
Ouro
...big gap
Fireblend
Poltergust
*Splinter

I'm taking KK to be telling the truth, which then vindicates Crab. I detailed earlier how I felt about Backslashbunny and Spoiled Milk. Fireblend/Poltergust/Splinter all fall into a clump of people who have asked a bunch of questions and have generally been vocal about their opinions. I personally didn't like some of Splinter's questions especially since they feel pretty certain I'm scum, but it's okay to be wrong occasionally. ;) I've kind of agreed with Fireblend throughout the first couple of days here, but I feel like they have been holding back in a way. Ouro's been playing well enough, has been involved, and made good points but I have the nagging hesitance that it could be the good ol' vocal scum, but I find it somewhat unlikely.
------------------
Neutral/Non-Scum Leaning:
Gorlak
Kawl_USC

Y'all know I'm onboard the thunderdomer is a neutral train, and if we take CCS to be scum role cop who is trying to buy some town cred, then he is. Kawl I feel has been such a void of posting information. Thinking back I can remember an occasional burst of posts from Kawl where they engaged in the discussion at the time, but never really brought anything fresh to the table.
------------------
Scum:
CCS
...big gap
zeemumu
Kalor
Zippedpinhead

CCS is obvious. Zeemumu, Kalor, and Zippedpinhead I feel are in various stages of the coasting scum candidates. I can think of no major attempts at scum hunting from any of these people. They've been speculating on role mechanics and stuff, but I feel like the scumhunting has taken a back seat. Also, there's been almost nothing from Zipped/Zeemumu today.

zeemumu

Town / Lean:
kingkitty
Crab
backslashbunny
Spoiled Milk
...big gap
Ouro
...big gap
Fireblend
Poltergust
*Splinter

I'm taking KK to be telling the truth, which then vindicates Crab. I detailed earlier how I felt about Backslashbunny and Spoiled Milk. Fireblend/Poltergust/Splinter all fall into a clump of people who have asked a bunch of questions and have generally been vocal about their opinions. I personally didn't like some of Splinter's questions especially since they feel pretty certain I'm scum, but it's okay to be wrong occasionally. ;) I've kind of agreed with Fireblend throughout the first couple of days here, but I feel like they have been holding back in a way. Ouro's been playing well enough, has been involved, and made good points but I have the nagging hesitance that it could be the good ol' vocal scum, but I find it somewhat unlikely.
------------------
Neutral/Non-Scum Leaning:
Gorlak
Kawl_USC

Y'all know I'm onboard the thunderdomer is a neutral train, and if we take CCS to be scum role cop who is trying to buy some town cred, then he is. Kawl I feel has been such a void of posting information. Thinking back I can remember an occasional burst of posts from Kawl where they engaged in the discussion at the time, but never really brought anything fresh to the table.
------------------
Scum:
CCS
...big gap
zeemumu
Kalor
Zippedpinhead

CCS is obvious. Zeemumu, Kalor, and Zippedpinhead I feel are in various stages of the coasting scum candidates. I can think of no major attempts at scum hunting from any of these people. They've been speculating on role mechanics and stuff, but I feel like the scumhunting has taken a back seat. Also, there's been almost nothing from Zipped/Zeemumu today.

It's finals week so I haven't done a lot on GAF outside of joke posts today. Anything that requires thought was put on the backburner.

Top Bottom