• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Flame_AC

It's finals week so I haven't done a lot on GAF outside of joke posts today. Anything that requires thought was put on the backburner.

That's cool, g'luck on your finals. If you do get the time, can you either throw a vote onto Gorlak or myself; or can you just say like your top 3/4 scum candidates?

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Gorlak (3)
Crab 960
CCS 992
Ourobolus 1074

Flame_AC (3)
Ourobolus 861 1015
Spoiled Milk 867
CCS 920 992
Gorlak 927
Zippedpinhead 952

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, backslashbunny, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Kalor, Kawl_USC, kingkitty, Poltergust, zeemumu

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 13, backslashbunny 7, CCS 12, Crab 2, Fireblend 25, Flame_AC 31, Gorlak 6, Kalor 10, Kawl_USC 6, kingkitty 13, Ourobolus 50, Poltergust 23, Spoiled Milk 11, zeemumu 4, Zippedpinhead 3

Day 3 ends:
blu_1497027600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Ourobolus

Banned
But it seems to me, if we think both flame and gor are town, and lynching doesn't give us any useful info, that it's pointless to lynch "just because."

Again, apologies since I'm brand new to gafia, I don't quite understand/am not quite convinced what value we have in picking a lynch target if there's no new info that would be gleaned from either one's lynch/role reveal.

Let's just bury this now. Flips are concrete information. If one of them flips, we can use their alignment to make assumptions on people they have voted for and the people that have voted for them, along with their reasoning. That's just how it works. Like I said before, it would be incredibly lucky if we managed to get through and entire game without killing Town during the day.

------------------
Scum:
CCS
...big gap
zeemumu
Kalor
Zippedpinhead

CCS is obvious. Zeemumu, Kalor, and Zippedpinhead I feel are in various stages of the coasting scum candidates. I can think of no major attempts at scum hunting from any of these people. They've been speculating on role mechanics and stuff, but I feel like the scumhunting has taken a back seat. Also, there's been almost nothing from Zipped/Zeemumu today.

I have not been speculating on mechanics, I will admit I have been coasting today because thunderdomes are inherently boring (and between work and potty training there is a lot of time to read but not as much to post)

Scum hunting? I have a theory about this game being triple factions, with the third being an effectively neutral House of Lords. However it's largely unfounded, just people posting things randomly and metagaming the "town wins when all threats are eliminated". Now between you and gorlak I think, honest you are likely both town. So there is no need to change my vote yet unless additional information comes out in the meantime.

Is Gorlak really gonna get to the end of the day without commenting on anything?

I was hoping to withhold my vote until we get his side of the story, but Gorlak, I will vote for you if you do not say anything.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, let me second that. Gorlak, I want to vote for Flame today. If you claim some believable neutral role, I will vote for Flame today. Work with us here.

Kawl_USC

super happy i wasn't the only one thinking this
Man we had a whole conversation two nights ago and this is what I get? No damn respect any more.

But tbf you are dropping posts here and there which make me feel not great about you. Will have to go through the pain of mobile to grab them, give me a second.

Ourobolus

Banned
Man we had a whole conversation two nights ago and this is what I get? No damn respect any more.

But tbf you are dropping posts here and there which make me feel not great about you. Will have to go through the pain of mobile to grab them, give me a second.

I've been nothing but truthful, but ok, I'll indulge you.

Kawl_USC

So...you are claiming cop and CCS is scum.

I mean, I'm not surprised in the result, and I guess today's a decent day to claim since you can't be lynched...

This post confuses me. Can you explain that second bit there a little more fully?

We're also talking about the person that thinks a role cop is a good town counterclaim.

For the millionth time, it doesn't have to be true, I just want to posit the idea.

These series of posts and line of thought come off as weird/poorly thought through/fake to me. CCS knows his goose is cooked. Despite his unorthodox play at times I don't think that he would go so far as to bus his teammate on a day where they seem to be in the clear, especially when they don't have day chat available to discuss it. Seems like a way to royally piss off a teammate.

Now thinking on it some more, I could see a scenario where CCS is scrambling and trying to buy an additional lynch out of this thunder dome with a fake role cop claim. If the thunderdomer is scum, it might be balanced by having to be used by day 3 like CCS said. With that drawback, it could probably pick TvT. So ccs knows he's burnt, and decides to try to take down the townie in the thunder dome who is less scum read so that flame sticks around as an easy mislynch? Does that track?

Flame, why does KK telling the truth vindicate Crab?

Bad post is bad. 40+ posts on the day but can't remember the details of the cop claim? Come on dog. Might be harder to keep track of the details if you care more about having found the cop to NK and losing a teammate than having a cleared town.

Kawl_USC

Woah Kawl_USC is in this game?

I had no idea

Man you gonna do me like that when the last time I had time to post, I questioned your logic, and the time before that I poised a question to you that never got responded to? You and ouro doing me dirty.

Grabbing the question I asked:
I agree with you on CCS but I want to volunteer in the interest of fairness that I also said the same thing twice. First when I said I was uneasy about lynching nin, and the second time when I replied to Crab's call for last minute pitches.

Fake edit: ok I also missed that paragraph

I town read this post pretty hard until I saw that it was 30 minutes after the splinter and ouro exchange.

How does it come off to you, Splinter/Ouro?

Ourobolus

Banned
This post confuses me. Can you explain that second bit there a little more fully?

KK can't be lynched today. Sure he could be NK'd, but we at least don't have to worry about the discussion about lynching a claimed cop today. And GAFIA always finds a way to lynch the claimed cop/doc/etc.

These series of posts and line of thought come off as weird/poorly thought through/fake to me. CCS knows his goose is cooked. Despite his unorthodox play at times I don't think that he would go so far as to bus his teammate on a day where they seem to be in the clear, especially when they don't have day chat available to discuss it. Seems like a way to royally piss off a teammate.

Now thinking on it some more, I could see a scenario where CCS is scrambling and trying to buy an additional lynch out of this thunder dome with a fake role cop claim. If the thunderdomer is scum, it might be balanced by having to be used by day 3 like CCS said. With that drawback, it could probably pick TvT. So ccs knows he's burnt, and decides to try to take down the townie in the thunder dome who is less scum read so that flame sticks around as an easy mislynch? Does that track?

Yes. I'm not doubting any other options here, I'm just providing another.

Bad post is bad. 40+ posts on the day but can't remember the details of the cop claim? Come on dog. Might be harder to keep track of the details if you care more about having found the cop to NK and losing a teammate than having a cleared town.

Read my next post, I was playing Liar's Dice, dicking around on my phone, and drinking. Not a good combination for clear thinking.

*Splinter

Man you gonna do me like that when the last time I had time to post, I questioned your logic, and the time before that I poised a question to you that never got responded to? You and ouro doing me dirty.

Grabbing the question I asked:

I town read this post pretty hard until I saw that it was 30 minutes after the splinter and ouro exchange.

How does it come off to you, Splinter/Ouro?
Whoops, I forgot to go back to that.

I thought it was weird that he posted exactly the same thing as me after I corrected, but simplest explanation is that he hadn't fully caught up on the thread (as he claimed).

I obviously don't think the misreading of Ouro's post is weird as I did exactly the same thing (it's because Ouro's post had so much preamble, you can kinda see where he's going with it and then skip ahead to The List).

Kawl_USC

Okay, since both have claimed vanillaakes it nice and easy: just lynch the scummiest.

I don't really scum read either, but since Flame is the less town of the two for me:

Why should I town read you, Flame?

Well, I wasn't planning on claiming today until scum forced me to.

To add on to the post someone grabbed from ccs earlier today these two also stink.

If you knew gorlak was actually the thunderdomer, that makes him a known liar, which surely would make him scummier to you than flame, no?

And also, you were just going to leave flame to his fate despite knowing he's up against a liar?

Also, refresh my memory did you push against ouros Miller claim? Cause as a town aligned name cop I know I would for sure be highly skeptical of a claimed Miller...

Ourobolus

Banned
To add on to the post someone grabbed from ccs earlier today these two also stink.

If you knew gorlak was actually the thunderdomer, that makes him a known liar, which surely would make him scummier to you than flame, no?

And also, you were just going to leave flame to his fate despite knowing he's up against a liar?

Also, refresh my memory did you push against ouros Miller claim? Cause as a town aligned name cop I know I would for sure be highly skeptical of a claimed Miller...

I'm not sure how a role cop would interact with a Miller. I know sometimes with a Godfather it will return "Vanilla Townie," I wonder if I would show up as "Goon" or something

Kawl_USC

KK can't be lynched today. Sure he could be NK'd, but we at least don't have to worry about the discussion about lynching a claimed cop today. And GAFIA always finds a way to lynch the claimed cop/doc/etc.

Yes. I'm not doubting any other options here, I'm just providing another.

Read my next post, I was playing Liar's Dice, dicking around on my phone, and drinking. Not a good combination for clear thinking.

A) if anything gafia has shown itself willing to commit to a claimed red check to a fault (I'm not salty, you're salty) I kind of think kitty coming forward is a bit odd as I think he's been walking that fine line in laying low where he was probably good for another night. But if he's a one shot once finding scum that makes more sense. But the timing definitely wasn't something that immediately jumped out as obviously making sense, so this still seems weird.

B) "I'm just asking questions" idk you pushing the lynch gorlak into ccs regardless of the flip seems more than just adding another option. It also fits into get an additional mislynch out of red checked ccs line...

C) yes yes I saw the excuse, that doesn't really do much for me. Still thinks it's scummy to have forgotten that detail.

Kawl_USC

From the past few pages, town reading polter and bunny for the inquisitive tone and content.

Town reading splinter as he seems to be trying to solve.

Crabs response to KK seemed a little off, but I can read it as a towns person waiting to make sure they don't have a fake cop to claim on a wrong alignment.

Ourobolus

Banned
B) "I'm just asking questions" idk you pushing the lynch gorlak into ccs regardless of the flip seems more than just adding another option. It also fits into get an additional mislynch out of red checked ccs line...

I think it's entirely possible these are both mislynches.

Kawl_USC

I'm not sure how a role cop would interact with a Miller. I know sometimes with a Godfather it will return "Vanilla Townie," I wonder if I would show up as "Goon" or something

Generally a role cop would see through both godfathers and millers. Otherwise it's just an alignment cop.

Especially as the role cop as claimed is apparently getting all sorts of details from the role pm and not just the role name (still salty that the fruit vendors items did something. That's not how that role works)

CCS

Banned
Well if you guys won't believe me, I guess I'll just have to put the Doctor's name out there for scum to see ;)

Kawl_USC

I don't disagree. The theory I'm floating depends on it, and the move from scum would be to try to get gorlak lynched first. Flame is scum read enough that he is an easier mislynch down the road.

But that goes back to the question I had for splinter: why gorlak as number two, but this time flipped to flame.

If it's a scum power and you can pick whoever, why not pick someone who was an unlikely mislynch to go against gorlak?

Afraid of a no lynch?

Fireblend

Banned
Well if you guys won't believe me, I guess I'll just have to put the Doctor's name out there for scum to see ;)

If you're scum, they already know that, so ok, go ahead and tell us who our watcher should target tonight.

But no, this is obviously a bluff to fish for our doctor's identity, which you're not getting.

If you're town then that is probably the worst post I've ever seen in any game I've played :p

CCS

Banned
And I have no incentive to give a fuck now.

I'm a Survivor. Since my win condition is clearly blown to shit, may as well have fun :p

Fireblend

Banned
I am also a role cop. Not that hard to understand old boy.

We can multitask, that's why we've taken all your jobs :p

Why disclose that rather than just claim neutral survivor though? Why even act as if you were counterclaiming kk instead of presenting this new narrative first? Your initial behavior past kitty's initial claim was pretty damning.

CCS

Banned
Why disclose that rather than just claim neutral survivor though? Why even act as if you were counterclaiming kk instead of presenting this new narrative first? Your initial behavior past kitty's initial claim was pretty damning.

Because I thought you'd lynch me anyway. I was trying to get him lynched so I could SURVIVE.

But I'll happily cooperate with town to do that too. One more shot left, point and fire :)

Top Bottom