• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ourobolus (5)
Zippedpinhead 70
*Splinter 90
nin1000 98
Spoiled Milk 204
Crab 241

Spoiled Milk (2)
CCS 53
Flame_AC 56

Crab (1)
Fireblend 244

kingkitty (1)
zeemumu 112

Poltergust (1)
Ourobolus 171

zeemumu (1)
Ourobolus 66 105
kingkitty 86

*Splinter (1)
Crab 117 241
batsnacks 133

nin1000 (1)
Kalor 193

Kalor (0): Spoiled Milk 37 204, kingkitty 52 86

Fireblend (0): Zippedpinhead 67 70

Gorlak (0): Fireblend 63 244, Ourobolus 105 171

No active vote for Day 1: backslashbunny, Gorlak, Kawl_USC, Poltergust (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 21, backslashbunny 1, batsnacks 23, CCS 15, Crab 10, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 6, Gorlak 8, Kalor 14, Kawl_USC 0, kingkitty 8, nin1000 2, Ourobolus 58, Poltergust 7, Spoiled Milk 11, zeemumu 5, Zippedpinhead 5

Day 1 ends:
ora_1496178000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

I know the onus is on Milk as far as him explaining why he "knows" you are Town, which I assume is why Fire is making that assumption (as was I).

That said so far I think Milk is just a dumb townie rather than masterminding scum.

Right now I want to lynch either CCS or Polter.

You wound me, Ouro. ;__;

Really though, I don't have much to say because it's Day 1 and nothing of substance has happened yet.

By the way, I think I should point out that scum can't communicate during the Day phase, according to cabot in the sign-up thread. They know who their teammates are, but they have yet to get the opportunity to talk to them. This means that they should not have formulated any coordinated plan so far. Any scum posting today is acting completely independently, so it will be important to look for behavioral shifts in the future.

kingkitty

Killing Crab to verify Milk doesn't make sense to me at all. If Crab flips town, that doesn't prove Milk's innocence, because Maf Milk can make a very good guess on who else in this game is town. Unless there's an obvious connection between the two outlined in Crab's role PM, and would be shown to all of us at his death.

Milk's whole thing smells like a big ole bluff. A pro-town bluff? No. A bold mafia bluff? Seems silly for maf to do, you would think maf would tell him to chill out in the maf chat.
But wait, maf can't chat in the maf chat! At least not during the day. Could this be Maf Milk trying to pull off some maverick moves, to the quiet confusion of his teammates? I'm not going to discount it.

Do I now get the urge to vote for him, to trust but verify his claims? yes whatever

vote: Spoiled Milk

If there's going to be verification, then Day 1 is probably the best time to do it.

Ourobolus

Banned
I doubt scum is trying to do much today. Assuming they didn't get any pregame talk they are most likely staying under the radar just enough to make it to the night phase.

Flame_AC

That's a good point Ouro. Scum hasn't had a chance to discuss anything yet, beyond assumedly knowing who each other are.

Kawl_USC

KAWL

KAAAWWWWWWLLL

*shines bright light*

KAAWWWWWLLL

That's not nice.

You should be more considerate ouro. Especially since it looks like you won't be gracing us with your lovely presence for so long...

What is people's case on you and why is it shit?

Kawl_USC

Fuck it. Let's just get my flip then you can go to D2 and stop shitposting.

VOTE: Ourobolus

Oh come one now, I was trying to see how people would react, but yours was the response I was least interested in.

Don't commit sudoku you chump. Town needs to step it up and that involves the players who actual know how to play this game not self voting. I'm not voting an active player in a game thats been this dead.

(yea yea pot kettle crack #scumtell)

Unvote

Kawl_USC

3 of the votes on ouro are from whatever players,

but crab and splinter

are y'all really going to lynch ouro day 1?

He will at least provide enough content to analyze going forward unlike half of the other plays in this game.

Can we not just squash the loudest voices in the room for once?

Vote: Spilled Milk

that whole deal with gove was weird, i'm sure there's no way this continues to be discussed to death in future days if left alone, gafia never hones in on one thing to the detriment of actual scum hunting....

unvote

West staines and east staines must unite to stop the evil in this world... that means you Charles dance... always evil in everything you are in (except maybe alien3, but that movie may or may not exist)

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Spoiled Milk (5)
CCS 53
Flame_AC 56
kingkitty 256
zeemumu 276
Kawl_USC 281

Ourobolus (4)
Zippedpinhead 70 280
*Splinter 90
nin1000 98
Spoiled Milk 204
Crab 241
Kawl_USC 268 273
Ourobolus 271 275

*Splinter (1)
Crab 117 241
batsnacks 133

Poltergust (1)
Ourobolus 171 271
Ourobolus 275

Crab (1)
Fireblend 244

nin1000 (1)
Kalor 193

zeemumu (0): Ourobolus 66 105, kingkitty 86 256

Kalor (0): Spoiled Milk 37 204, kingkitty 52 86

Fireblend (0): Zippedpinhead 67 70

Gorlak (0): Fireblend 63 244, Ourobolus 105 171

kingkitty (0): zeemumu 112 276

No active vote for Day 1: backslashbunny, Gorlak, Poltergust (has previously voted), Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 21, backslashbunny 1, batsnacks 23, CCS 15, Crab 10, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 7, Gorlak 8, Kalor 14, Kawl_USC 7, kingkitty 9, nin1000 2, Ourobolus 70, Poltergust 10, Spoiled Milk 13, zeemumu 7, Zippedpinhead 7

Day 1 ends:
ora_1496178000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Ourobolus

Banned
Vote: Spoiled Milk

I'll put this here for now, but if anyone wants to get a lynch on CCS or Poltergust, I'll happily change it.

I'm open to either an Ouro or a Poltergust lynch, actually. Even if I get lynched now, it's just day 1 and I think we've got a lot of information especially for day 1.

Also, he's not a new person.

It's my second game here, but yeah. I'm not gonna use that as an excuse anymore. I learned how the game should be played during Anime Mafia.

Even though I was using cabot as my sensei for that game and he turned out to be scum. *sigh*

That said, I just don't feel like I have much to say at this point. Latching onto something this early doesn't seem like it would likely lead to anything fruitful. I'm also wary of bandwagons when we have pretty much nothing to go on.

To be honest, I'm not sure who I'm going to ultimately vote for. I almost feel like it doesn't even matter at this point.

I almost feel like it doesn't even matter at this point.
That's exactly correct!

I'd love to hear Milk's reason for wanting me dead

please put it in the form of an Access database plz
Exported:

ID Reason
1 You are taking up all the air
2 You started acting nervous when people were voting for you.
3 You were extremely sour and voted for yourself. Bad sportsmanship!
4 You are too invested in Day 1!
5 You are trying to get me to elaborate on a soft claim. Anti town, you don't know my motives for doing this.
6 You have a vote on me.

Ourobolus

Banned
Spoiled Milk said:
1 You are taking up all the air
2 You started acting nervous when people were voting for you.
3 You were extremely sour and voted for yourself. Bad sportsmanship!
4 You are too invested in Day 1!
5 You are trying to get me to elaborate on a soft claim. Anti town, you don't know my motives for doing this.
6 You have a vote on me.

1. Maybe if people actually discussed stuff I wouldn't be talking to myself.
2. Not nervous, irritated by lazy voting.
3. I was dead serious. You all seem to be interested in wasting Day 1 and if you need a flip to get you something, then so be it. You don't seem to want to contribute otherwise.
4. I am invested in the game as a whole. Day 1 may not be useful now, but it will be later.
5. You soft claimed, not me. You made the effort to claim that Crab is Town. If you want him to be cleared and, assumedly by association yourself, you should let us know. You're the one who felt the need to make a claim on D1 for whatever reason.
6. So?

Respectfully, you've posted 75 times and most people have posted around 10 or less. We need information but it is harder with your deluge. I think you are a liability to town and your posting patterns make me suspicious of you. Trying to get too much information out of day one is less helpful to town, not more helpful, because it is extremely likely to be flawed. There is nothing to discuss. Nothing has happened.

More conspiratorial: you have been playing mafia from the beginning and you know that people who post less end up being the most suspicious. Your exchange with kawl looks like a dog and pony show meant to exonerate you.

You are not a great lynch, but there's nothing else to do. We could lynch me but that sounds like a... risk.

Or we can sacrifice one of the quiet posters. That'll probably get us somewhere.

CCS

Banned
Respectfully, you've posted 75 times and most people have posted around 10 or less. We need information but it is harder with your deluge. I think you are a liability to town and your posting patterns make me suspicious of you. Trying to get too much information out of day one is less helpful to town, not more helpful, because it is extremely likely to be flawed. There is nothing to discuss. Nothing has happened.

More conspiratorial: you have been playing mafia from the beginning and you know that people who post less end up being the most suspicious. Your exchange with kawl looks like a dog and pony show meant to exonerate you.

You are not a great lynch, but there's nothing else to do. We could lynch me but that sounds like a... risk.

Or we can sacrifice one of the quiet posters. That'll probably get us somewhere.

This really doesn't fit with current meta. More or less every game I've played where scum won, most of the surviving scum were among the quiet players.

If anything, the biggest problem recently is town being afraid to take a punt on lynching quiet players and allowing scum to slide under the radar by slowly killing off all the active players and letting scum coast to victory.

I actually think there's an argument for policy lynching the least active players early on, based on meta trends.

*Splinter

3 of the votes on ouro are from whatever players,

but crab and splinter

are y'all really going to lynch ouro day 1?

He will at least provide enough content to analyze going forward unlike half of the other plays in this game.
He's my "most likely to be scum" choice. Obviously lynching the most (/only) active player on D1 isn't ideal.

I'm more worried about our second choice to be honest. Spoiled Milk is a bad lynch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
UNVOTE

I don't actually want an Ouro lynch, but I don't have time to explain and justify and alternative vote atm as on mobile. Just unvoting now so you crazy SOBs don't do something crazy.

Top Bottom