• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Spoiled Milk (6)
CCS 53
Flame_AC 56
kingkitty 256
zeemumu 276
Kawl_USC 281
Ourobolus 285

Ourobolus (2)
Zippedpinhead 70 280
*Splinter 90
nin1000 98 288
Spoiled Milk 204
Crab 241 302
Kawl_USC 268 273
Ourobolus 271 275

Crab (1)
Fireblend 244

CCS (1)
nin1000 288

*Splinter (1)
Crab 117 241
batsnacks 133

nin1000 (1)
Kalor 193

Gorlak (0): Fireblend 63 244, Ourobolus 105 171

Fireblend (0): Zippedpinhead 67 70

zeemumu (0): Ourobolus 66 105, kingkitty 86 256

Kalor (0): Spoiled Milk 37 204, kingkitty 52 86

kingkitty (0): zeemumu 112 276

Poltergust (0): Ourobolus 171 271, Ourobolus 275 285

No active vote for Day 1: backslashbunny, Crab (has previously voted), Gorlak, Poltergust (has previously voted), Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 22, backslashbunny 1, batsnacks 23, CCS 17, Crab 11, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 7, Gorlak 8, Kalor 14, Kawl_USC 7, kingkitty 9, nin1000 3, Ourobolus 76, Poltergust 11, Spoiled Milk 17, zeemumu 9, Zippedpinhead 7

Day 1 ends:
ora_1496178000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

*Splinter

VOTE: Spoiled Milk

Nothing less British than spoiled milk, completely ruins the tea.
This seemed like a fluff vote, but it still stands. CCS has reaffirmed this choice a couple of times. He's a little too comfortable with this.

Clearly the best option here.

Vote: Spoiled Milk
Another early vote, no explanation. I don't remember flame posting much else on the topic either.

These next 3 votes come in fairly quick succession. If Ouro ever flips scum I'll be coming back to these.
Killing Crab to verify Milk doesn't make sense to me at all. If Crab flips town, that doesn't prove Milk's innocence, because Maf Milk can make a very good guess on who else in this game is town. Unless there's an obvious connection between the two outlined in Crab's role PM, and would be shown to all of us at his death.

Milk's whole thing smells like a big ole bluff. A pro-town bluff? No. A bold mafia bluff? Seems silly for maf to do, you would think maf would tell him to chill out in the maf chat.
But wait, maf can't chat in the maf chat! At least not during the day. Could this be Maf Milk trying to pull off some maverick moves, to the quiet confusion of his teammates? I'm not going to discount it.

Do I now get the urge to vote for him, to trust but verify his claims? yes whatever

vote: Spoiled Milk

If there's going to be verification, then Day 1 is probably the best time to do it.
The stuff about maf chat is just filling space. This is a weak vote, despite the amount of detail.

3 of the votes on ouro are from whatever players,

but crab and splinter

are y'all really going to lynch ouro day 1?

He will at least provide enough content to analyze going forward unlike half of the other plays in this game.

Can we not just squash the loudest voices in the room for once?

Vote: Spilled Milk

that whole deal with gove was weird, i'm sure there's no way this continues to be discussed to death in future days if left alone, gafia never hones in on one thing to the detriment of actual scum hunting....
"That whole deal with Gove" was clear gambit material and Kawl should know better.

Unvote: kingkitty

I feel like there's something in there that you're not letting on
Probably the worst vote of the bunch. There's undoubtedly something Milk isn't letting on as we don't know why he claimed Crab is town. But what does that have to do with your vote?

And why did you unvote Kingkitty? I'll have to check but I don't think it was a fluff vote.

I'll put this here for now, but if anyone wants to get a lynch on CCS or Poltergust, I'll happily change it.
I guess this is self preservation. Maybe a bit early for it but this is the least bad vote.

I want to double check CCS, Flame and Zeemumu. Brb

*Splinter

Zeemumu first because that's easy:
There's always time for jokes

Vote: kingkitty
Response to kitty voting zeemumu. It's early though, so I guess it was a joke vote after all.

Part 2, CCS loving his early vote:
Do people think Spoiled's post early on was some sort of weird role claim, and if so is that a good or a bad thing? Seems like a strange question to ask...
Refocuses the conversation on Mill's initial gambit.

Yeah, unless an explanation is forthcoming I'm feeling more and more comfortable about a Milk lynch.
This is after Milk's "Crab is town" post. I don't like this one, seems silly to expect more from Milk at that point and a lazy excuse to keep a fluff vote alive.

Spoiled is definitely a better lynch candidate than Ouro, so let's go with this.
Reaffirms it again. Not much to add here, by this point the lynch train had swung from Ouro to Milk quite strongly.

Part 3, Flame ruthlessly dissects Milk:
giphy.gif

So Flame and CCS are really at two opposite ends of a spectrum here. I'm not sure which is the scummiest but this is the second time CCS has caught my attention so

VOTE: CCS

kingkitty

As I stated earlier in this game, I won't be around again until 6pm eastern US GOD'S COUNTRY time.

Have a great day everyone. Except for splinter and cabot.

Gorlak

Banned
Gonna have to explain this one.

I'm fed up with nin's antics. It's a pain in the ass to deal with him. This announcement is nothing but a way for him to reach the minimum posts. I've played with him enough times to know that he'll throw the game at a crucial point and that he won't help town.

Gorlak

Banned
I don't see where he got that idea tbh. I gave bats a fairly standard poke and he responded in the usual bats way.

Did anyone else think that exchange was unusual?

The only slightly unusual posts were 95 and 96, but these were after Ouro let the mason idea floating, so maybe a biased view.

Ah, but is it as empty as you presume? Notice that in the sample PM given to us by our facilitator, the alignment and the vote they cast are two distinct statements. My question was a way to bring attention to that fact, and discuss whether we believe different transmutations of said attributes are possible, with the vote acting as a secondary alignment.

Stating information from my pm won't help you determine anything. If gafia history has shown anything than it is to NOT reveal those facts freely and without the need to.

We had Pokemon in which people happily stated they were 'mons and were killed by the neutral subsequently. We had Anime in which people were categorized in genders and powers affected a specific gender. I'll do fuck all and tell you what my pm says.

But it's very interesting that you deem this a discussworthy topic when, as you say, your own pm doesn't hint at anything in this direction. Information fishing?

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Spoiled Milk (6)
CCS 53
Flame_AC 56
kingkitty 256
zeemumu 276
Kawl_USC 281
Ourobolus 285

CCS (3)
nin1000 288
*Splinter 305
Spoiled Milk 308

nin1000 (2)
Kalor 193
Gorlak 315

Crab (1)
Fireblend 244

Poltergust (0): Ourobolus 171 271, Ourobolus 275 285

zeemumu (0): Ourobolus 66 105, kingkitty 86 256

*Splinter (0): Crab 117 241, batsnacks 133 316

Ourobolus (0): Zippedpinhead 70 280, *Splinter 90 305, nin1000 98 288, Spoiled Milk 204 308, Crab 241 302, Kawl_USC 268 273, Ourobolus 271 275

Gorlak (0): Fireblend 63 244, Ourobolus 105 171

Fireblend (0): Zippedpinhead 67 70

kingkitty (0): zeemumu 112 276

Kalor (0): Spoiled Milk 37 204, kingkitty 52 86

No active vote for Day 1: backslashbunny, batsnacks (has previously voted), Crab (has previously voted), Poltergust (has previously voted), Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 27, backslashbunny 1, batsnacks 24, CCS 20, Crab 11, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 7, Gorlak 11, Kalor 15, Kawl_USC 7, kingkitty 10, nin1000 5, Ourobolus 76, Poltergust 11, Spoiled Milk 18, zeemumu 9, Zippedpinhead 7

Day 1 ends:
ora_1496178000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Gorlak

Banned
Is it really a good idea to lynch Nin, Kalor? They did hint at some kind of role.

Said the guy voting Milk, who hinted at some kind of role. This is odd.

Mhm, Fire's reasoning against crab doesn't sit right (244). While I agree, we haven't seen much from crab, his death wouldn't reveal anything about Milk. Moreover I agree with crab that scum are more likely to abstain from gambits and usually would not come forward with these sorta things D1. So I don't see the case against Milk.

CCS and Flame were early votes.
Kingkitty I don't understand, sth. sth. verification?
Kawl votes because "gafia wastes time on this all day, everyday"
Zeemumu wants more info.
Ouro wants to save his arse?

All in all Flame and Zeemumu leave the worst impression.

*Splinter

Said the guy voting Milk, who hinted at some kind of role. This is odd.

Mhm, Fire's reasoning against crab doesn't sit right (244). While I agree, we haven't seen much from crab, his death wouldn't reveal anything about Milk. Moreover I agree with crab that scum are more likely to abstain from gambits and usually would not come forward with these sorta things D1. So I don't see the case against Milk.

CCS and Flame were early votes.
Kingkitty I don't understand, sth. sth. verification?
Kawl votes because "gafia wastes time on this all day, everyday"
Zeemumu wants more info.
Ouro wants to save his arse?

All in all Flame and Zeemumu leave the worst impression.
Why Flame over CCS? You have them grouped in your detail.

Gorlak

Banned
I get the strongest scum vibe from Flame at the moment:

Vote: Flame_AC

Next up would be Zeemumu. Zipped gets a special mention for doing nothing in particular, best flying under the radar performance as of now. Nin would be my policy lynch option, but we never do those...

Gorlak

Banned
Why Flame over CCS? You have them grouped in your detail.
The very quote at the start of my post. He calls out Kalor, while still having his vote at Milk (arguably the same situation he calls out). This is also the only real post we have seen from him this far. Everything else was blabla and non-contributing.

nin1000

Banned
h4yVt28.jpg

Good afternoon.
We’re near the end of a frenetic Day 1

And today I want to pause and speak to you very directly,
and personally
about the momentous decision that this Town faces in just hours time.
I wanted to speak earlier but i could not
My mouth was and will be shut in around 2 hours from now.
I now stand here before you in order to anser questions as good as i can.
Again
I cannot comment on everything and the way i will respond to some of the questions will sound strange at first
But please remain calm, since i hope that things will get better soon.
My job is to act.
To make the right call.
To use every tool at my disposal to protect Town
to protect you
to protect your children
So please, feel free to ask me anything

batsnacks

zeemumu, for only having very few posts, has been around during a lot of the big "events" in the thread. Feels like passive spectating.

Like when spoiled milk made the dumb "crab is town" post, zeemumu is there asking "how?" No follow up he's just there.

Gorlak

Banned
I've not paid much attention to CCS.

He joked around, he isn't paying much attention to details (mixing up Ouro-bats-Splinter) and votes because it's better than Ouro (latest explanation). I didn't see a sinister intention behind it at the time.

Now I'm indifferent about a CCS lynch, can't say the same about others.

nin1000

Banned
Who's mafia nin

Now I know I haven’t got every decision right. And I know not everyone has been happy with what I’ve done. But it is something i am forced to do.
I wanted to push ouro with my vote.
It led to something bigger.
I do NOT think he is mafia.
Expert after expert – independent advisers, people whose job it is to warn ni1000 – have said it would be a dumb move to vote him.
Yet here i stand.
The way others reacted to it was a lot more interesting though.
I know i am not perfect. Believe me, I understand and I see those frustrations.
Even from the younger generations ( for example gorlak )
At this stage it is impossible to know WHO a mafia player is, but we can keep pushing those that are not willing to contribute.
For example :
zeemumu
Poltergust
Kingkitty
Zippedpinhead
Crab

That’s how our extraordinary communty has always made its influence felt.
By voting on those that swim under the radar or act strange.
I it myself.
Thats why i put my vote down on CCS.
It is irreversible.

Fireblend

Banned
I wouldn't be opposed to a zemumu, crab or poltergust vote. I must say I'm also wary of Flame and Zipped, though they have barely raised their voices and thus far don't register as a threat. For now, I shall keep my vote on crab.

Stating information from my pm won't help you determine anything. If gafia history has shown anything than it is to NOT reveal those facts freely and without the need to.

We had Pokemon in which people happily stated they were 'mons and were killed by the neutral subsequently. We had Anime in which people were categorized in genders and powers affected a specific gender. I'll do fuck all and tell you what my pm says.

But it's very interesting that you deem this a discussworthy topic when, as you say, your own pm doesn't hint at anything in this direction. Information fishing?
You raise valid points, though I wonder why you didn't do so earlier when I first asked; did you really not understand the intentions behind my question until I explained? I doubt so. My call to discuss said lines was founded in the fact that of it were true, scum would undoubtedly know about it before we did, and it might give us an advantage to know of mechanics such as those being at work.

However your argument is sound, and that paired with the fact that as of yet scum seems to be incommunicated from each other makes me agree that it'd be best to delay such discussion until tomorrow, or some other late point.

Ok when I unvoted everyone else unvoted as well...

It's a weird look.

As far as the milk, CCS, poltergust, zeemumu votes go. I'm leaning towards poltergust, but it's a slight lean.

nin1000

Banned
Ok when I unvoted everyone else unvoted as well...

It's a weird look.

As far as the milk, CCS, poltergust, zeemumu votes go. I'm leaning towards poltergust, but it's a slight lean.

pkmjkud.jpg

Please feel free to add some more thoughts.
It only helps us a community
makes us stronger
Better

*Splinter

Can anyone lay out a case against me beyond me being slightly fluffy? Serious question.
You made an early joke(?) vote for Spoiled Milk and never moved it.

A couple of reading errors that suggest you aren't paying close attention (mixing Ouro/Bats, misexplaining Crab's post about Gove).

Lack of non-Milk-related stances, at least as far as I can remember.

nin1000

Banned
juF2TTr.jpg

That’s how our extraordinary community has always made its influence felt !

Not by walking away from Gorlak But by engaging with that kid!

VOTE: Spoiled Milk

Nothing less British than spoiled milk, completely ruins the tea.

I took that as an early and fun vote on someone, yet you never moved the vote and later as more votes piled on ouro you said this

Spoiled is definitely a better lynch candidate than Ouro, so let's go with this.

Without giving any reason why.

this Forced me to put a vote down on you CCS and for today i will not move it.

…the conversations will continue..

The Ouro vote collapsed fast, which looks kind of odd but also wasn't hugely surprising given how the votes got there in the first place.

This post seems quite self-conscious though.

It is self conscious, because vote drop offs always look weird a few days down the line. Especially if anyone in the drop flips scum/threat. I took my vote off because at this junction, ouro still seems off, but I'm not voting to lynch our number 1 poster day 1.

My poltergust lean is part vanity and part scum read. Vanity is because my autocorrect wants to make their name into either "poultry gust" or "poltergeist". Stupid, I know.

The scum read comes from post #254 and #265. 254 is weird because it's mechanic conversation, with the "off" ouro. Especially #265. It's almost like poltergust is trying to communicate with someone on board about something off board

CCS

Banned
You made an early joke(?) vote for Spoiled Milk and never moved it.

A couple of reading errors that suggest you aren't paying close attention (mixing Ouro/Bats, misexplaining Crab's post about Gove).

Lack of non-Milk-related stances, at least as far as I can remember.

The Milk vote started as a joke but became serious. That's why it hasn't moved.

The lack of Milk related stances is partially due to lack of activity. I find Ouro hard to read and a lot of other players haven't really posted enough for me to have a strong opinion. Do you really not find Milk soft claiming at the start of the game a little bit weird?

*Splinter

The lack of Milk related stances is partially due to lack of activity. I find Ouro hard to read and a lot of other players haven't really posted enough for me to have a strong opinion. Do you really not find Milk soft claiming at the start of the game a little bit weird?
Not really. I have seen it before though, and I think every time we have a claim in the first 5 minutes it's a townie gambit.

In order of likelihood, I'd go town gambit, scum gambit, truth.

Kawl_USC

This vote is soooooooo bad. I can't believe this hasn't been quoted 1000x

Coming off anime, I'm a little fed up with gambits. So nah, I'm not fucking around with them this game. Day 1 I never have strong scum reads, so I prefer to lynch someone who gives value as a lynch target regardless of alignment. Ouro, an active poster who is an asset if town, does not meet that criteria, spoiled milk who at best is unnecessarily gambiting town, does meet that criteria.

CCS

Banned
Not really. I have seen it before though, and I think every time we have a claim in the first 5 minutes it's a townie gambit.

In order of likelihood, I'd go town gambit, scum gambit, truth.

I'd buy it more as a town gambit if he'd done anything with it since. Instead he's just dropped it there and left it.

Besides you, bat and ouro are complete nulls at the moment, and I've given up hope of every reading nin successfully.

batsnacks

CCS your narrative is really discombobulated

You 1) voted milk as a joke and 2) kept it there because it got serious. But it sounds like you're voting him because his soft claim is "weird," which was milk's first post... meaning your vote should have never been a joke.

Also milk isn't more likely to do that claim as mafia so it's a bad reason to vote him. Also everything nin said.

zeemumu

I wanted more info because I wanted to know where half of the reads were coming from. I feel like there's an entire part that I'm not getting. Either that or everyone's taking the LA Noire/Phoenix Wright route where you push in every conceivable direction to shake the tree until something falls out. I guess that's a viable strategy too but also risky because you aren't the only one in charge of that decision. Someone can push that push further than you intended and then it gets weird

CCS

Banned
CCS your narrative is really discombobulated

You 1) voted milk as a joke and 2) kept it there because it got serious. But it sounds like you're voting him because his soft claim is "weird," which was milk's first post... meaning your vote should have never been a joke.

Also milk isn't more likely to do that claim as mafia so it's a bad reason to vote him. Also everything nin said.

I assumed he was either going to expand on or retract his claim, so I wasn't that suspicious. It's the complete failure to return to it more than anything else that concerns me.

Top Bottom