• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Hm, it's probably important to put down a vote now so that I don't contribute to the chaos that will inevitably happen in the final minutes.

I'm basically picking an inactive player at random here, based on YesNOnoNOYes's most recent tally, because I might as well be throwing at a dartboard at this point. I'll be using this pool of players:

0 = backslashbunny
1 = Flame_AC
2 = Kawl_USC
3 = nin1000
4 = zeemumu
5 = Zippedpinhead

Now let's see the results!

sQVgVMN.png

Congrats, Zippedpinhead! You "win"!

Vote: Zippedpinhead

*Splinter

Wouldn't the best possible thing you can do as scum be stepping in as a town gambit moderator? I mean that's what people do in real life, or at least hire the people already in that position. You could shake off suspicion through segmenting your posts using other quotes and no one would question you because you're present through too many conflicting ideas, and you wouldn't have to worry about making waves because you'd be safe regardless.
This is a good observation that noone else has made, BUT I don't know why you didn't follow through with it. Why am I not scum?

Kalor

Hm, it's probably important to put down a vote now so that I don't contribute to the chaos that will inevitably happen in the final minutes.

I'm basically picking an inactive player at random here, based on YesNOnoNOYes's most recent tally, because I might as well be throwing at a dartboard at this point. I'll be using this pool of players:

0 = backslashbunny
1 = Flame_AC
2 = Kawl_USC
3 = nin1000
4 = zeemumu
5 = Zippedpinhead

sQVgVMN.png

We have several potential candidates and your randomly picking from an inactive? Your vote may as well be worthless.

*Splinter

Yes I am. I find his soft claim suspicious, and even if you ignore that he's contributed basically nothing so even if he flips town he's no more of a loss than anyone else.
Stubborn as a mule.

You're right, that was an overstatement. In fact the way he responded right after my read and then went back into absence makes him shadier now that I read through the last page again. You've opened my eyes to the truth and I've become enlightened.
What's the opposite to "stubborn as a mule"?

This post would have been so much snappier if I could have answered that myself.

*Splinter

0 = backslashbunny
1 = Flame_AC
2 = Kawl_USC
3 = nin1000
4 = zeemumu
5 = Zippedpinhead

sQVgVMN.png

You see, lover?

This is what happens when you don't give new scum access to guidance from their teammates.

This is on you, lover.

We have several potential candidates and your randomly picking from an inactive? Your vote may as well be worthless.

At this point any reasoning toward any one person is not substantiated at all. I refuse to participate in what will come in the few minutes leading up to lynch time.

So I really don't care if my vote for today is worthless or not. I wouldn't feel good about voting for pretty much anyone at this point, which is why I limited my pool to inactive players since that's pretty much the only metric we have to go on so far.

*Splinter

I refuse to participate in what will come in the few minutes leading up to lynch time.
But that's the best bit!

On a more serious note, I do want a summary of your thoughts on the game so far. Reads where possible, or general impressions / things that have stood out for as many players as possible.

But that's the best bit!

On a more serious note, I do want a summary of your thoughts on the game so far. Reads where possible, or general impressions / things that have stood out for as many players as possible.

I can't really tell you much right now. I haven't played with anyone else here (except for Kawl_USC) so I have no idea how any of you typically play. Day 1 allows for lots of fluff posts, but I allow it because it's Day 1.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is CCS wanting to claim so early. I'm not sure what to make of it. It's not unheard of, of course. Back in Anime Mafia, ultron explained in great detail what his role did and was somehow able to survive for like 5 days, even without a doctor present. So, I'm willing to let CCS tell us what he knows, as risky as it is.

Err

He has?

You're right, that was an overstatement. In fact the way he responded right after my read and then went back into absence makes him shadier now that I read through the last page again. You've opened my eyes to the truth and I've become enlightened.

Real talk: I have a job... meetings happen.

Anyways: thanks poltergust, but I'm not sure why you RNG vote instead of defend.

Ouro, pretty sure today isn't going to end in any turbo it'll be us running around like chickens with our 'eads cut off up to the bitter end

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: nin1000

How about we break with time old GAF tradition of lynching someone active/contributive on Day 1 who undoubtedly would have been an asset later in the game and get rid of nin1000? nin1000 has contributed precisely nothing. There are 9 posts. 6 of them contributed exactly nothing. 1 of them voted for CCS with no explanation. 1 post he explains he voted for CCS to push Ouro (it's not clear at all why this is the case). 1 post he says actually he voted CCS for different reasons, neither of which are any good. That means the sum contribution of nin1000 to this game so far is 1 quasi-random vote. That's it. Most players reach that in the opening page!

Option one: he's scum, we win. Option two: we're down someone who contributed absolutely nothing. It's a safe play, it's a reliable play, it's a consistent play.

I'm moving when day end is supposed to happen. Grrr.

It's ok. I'm not worried. It was nice playing with you guys :^)

To be perfectly candid before I go: I said Crab was town because he said Gove would be a stump. Well, that's obviously wrong, and he was clearly trying to get people to not push me on it, since he also thinks it was a dumb move. Read between the lines, guys.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm moving when day end is supposed to happen. Grrr.

It's ok. I'm not worried. It was nice playing with you guys :^)

To be perfectly candid before I go: I said Crab was town because he said Gove would be a stump. Well, that's obviously wrong, and he was clearly trying to get people to not push me on it, since he also thinks it was a dumb move. Read between the lines, guys.
What?

*Splinter

VOTE: nin1000

How about we break with time old GAF tradition of lynching someone active/contributive on Day 1 who undoubtedly would have been an asset later in the game and get rid of nin1000? nin1000 has contributed precisely nothing. There are 9 posts. 6 of them contributed exactly nothing. 1 of them voted for CCS with no explanation. 1 post he explains he voted for CCS to push Ouro (it's not clear at all why this is the case). 1 post he says actually he voted CCS for different reasons, neither of which are any good. That means the sum contribution of nin1000 to this game so far is 1 quasi-random vote. That's it. Most players reach that in the opening page!

Option one: he's scum, we win. Option two: we're down someone who contributed absolutely nothing. It's a safe play, it's a reliable play, it's a consistent play.
Nin's first post was "I'm a PR!", shortly followed by "The doctor, to be precise!" and there's about a 99% chance he was telling the truth.

Ok I seriously have to leave because I'm picking up a Uhaul so who do I place my vote on, ccs who has been really defensive and keen on pinning day 1 lynch on me or flame_ac who is a coaster?

*Splinter

CCS got half a townie point for sticking to his guns, even if those guns are currently pointing the wrong way.

Plus Ouro voted him. Ouro is scum, remember?

zeemumu

Of course if I of all people figured it out then anyone should have been able to put those pieces together, including you, so you would've counted on someone figuring it out knowing that someone not figuring that you were counting on it would have been expecting a more defensive response, so you opted to play to my hubris instead, knowing that it would throw me off even harder because why would I spit in the face of me being right, but what you wouldn't have been able to predict is that I have low self-esteem and no hubris to speak of.

*Splinter

Of course if I of all people figured it out then anyone should have been able to put those pieces together, including you, so you would've counted on someone figuring it out knowing that someone not figuring that you were counting on it would have been expecting a more defensive response, so you opted to play to my hubris instead, knowing that it would throw me off even harder because why would I spit in the face of me being right, but what you wouldn't have been able to predict is that I have low self-esteem and no hubris to speak of.
I

...err

Yes?

Yes.

Who is scum, Zeemumu?

Flame_AC

Sorry, I was still used to the Arkham endtimes so I thought I'd be able to be around for more of the end of the day. But I should be around for this end of day now that I'm off work.

Flame_AC

My initial vote on Spoiled Milk was because I thought they were a new player (evidently not). I wanted to try and put some 'pressure' on a new person and see what would happen. Evidently that wasn't the case and so my vote is kind of pointless currently.

Unvote

Fireblend

Banned

Are you speaking in tongues?

zeemumu

I

...err

Yes?

Yes.

Who is scum, Zeemumu?

If you are then Nin probably is too, and you knew this would eventually happen and planned accordingly, and made sure it happened as early in the game as possible so my guess would have to primarily be intuition, but my money is still on milk because he seemed to be deflecting a few pages back. And when that didn't work it turned into jokes towards ouro.

Ourobolus

Banned
My initial vote on Spoiled Milk was because I thought they were a new player (evidently not). I wanted to try and put some 'pressure' on a new person and see what would happen. Evidently that wasn't the case and so my vote is kind of pointless currently.

Unvote
You never voted for Milk...

*Splinter

If you are then Nin probably is too, and you knew this would eventually happen and planned accordingly, and made sure it happened as early in the game as possible so my guess would have to primarily be intuition, but my money is still on milk because he seemed to be deflecting a few pages back. And when that didn't work it turned into jokes towards ouro.
I don't really see your logic to connect me and nin. Even under your base assumption (that I'm scum) why would nin be scum too?

Can you point to Milk's deflection posts, specifically?

zeemumu

I don't really see your logic to connect me and nin. Even under your base assumption (that I'm scum) why would nin be scum too?

Can you point to Milk's deflection posts, specifically?

Nin's first post was "I'm a PR!", shortly followed by "The doctor, to be precise!" and there's about a 99% chance he was telling the truth.

Starts about here, I think

There are other people that need to post

Top Bottom