• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

batsnacks

Coming off anime, I'm a little fed up with gambits. So nah, I'm not fucking around with them this game. Day 1 I never have strong scum reads, so I prefer to lynch someone who gives value as a lynch target regardless of alignment. Ouro, an active poster who is an asset if town, does not meet that criteria, spoiled milk who at best is unnecessarily gambiting town, does meet that criteria.
lol

CCS/Poltergust:

Thoughts on each other?

I do think that CCS brought up a good point earlier in which we shouldn't be afraid to lynch some of the less active players early on.

We... didn't do that at all in Anime Mafia, when 4/5 scum were among the least active (cabot being the exception). We ended up lynching a townie every day (with one No Lynch due to a tie) and it came back to bite us in the end.

I don't think gunning for an active player early on is effective. With more posts from those players, we have more information to work off of in the future.

Kalor

I assumed he was either going to expand on or retract his claim, so I wasn't that suspicious. It's the complete failure to return to it more than anything else that concerns me.

They have returned to it, albeit vaguely. It seems they are waiting for something first.

Kawl_USC

What about nin? Also at best unnecessary gambiting town? :O
Absolutely. Hell if we could get to lynch everyone doing stupid shit at the expense of scum hunting id happy as a clam. But at the time of my vote nin only had two posts so I was hoping if i just closed my eyes hard enough the problem would resolve itself.

Alas he's found a schtick upon which to coast to his mandated minimum posts.

Whomp whomp

batsnacks

Absolutely. Hell if we could get to lynch everyone doing stupid shit at the expense of scum hunting id happy as a clam. But at the time of my vote nin only had two posts so I was hoping if i just closed my eyes hard enough the problem would resolve itself.

Alas he's found a schtick upon which to coast to his mandated minimum posts.

Whomp whomp
Said Kawl, who is admittedly not scum hunting.

batsnacks

THIS IS THE LIST:
Kawl
CCS
Flame_AC
zeemumu

Kawl is the best candidate but the reasons for the others are pretty good too. Lynch by the list, follow the blueprint!

Burbeting

Banned
brexit-bear.jpg

Kalor

Since we are getting close to the end of the day I'll move my vote onto someone that's more likely to be on contention.

Vote: zeemumu

Zeemumu is here but they don't feel like a presence. I understand that this could be applied to multiple players but their most recent post

I wanted more info because I wanted to know where half of the reads were coming from. I feel like there's an entire part that I'm not getting. Either that or everyone's taking the LA Noire/Phoenix Wright route where you push in every conceivable direction to shake the tree until something falls out. I guess that's a viable strategy too but also risky because you aren't the only one in charge of that decision. Someone can push that push further than you intended and then it gets weird

looks large but it's mostly fluff. The only important parts being the first two sentences. It feels like they are trying to appear more active and contributating that they actually are.

Kawl_USC

Just make sure to drink away the trauma of anime like all the long time players do.

Cabot can still be your mentor in that way.

CCS

Banned
The case against me is shoddy as hell and you all know it. Let me predict how this game will play out: every lynch will be of an active player, except for one where a random inactive gets lynched. If town gets lucky they'll win, otherwise a quiet scum player will coast to victory. I've seen picnic blankets with less consistent patterns.

*Splinter

The case against me is shoddy as hell and you all know it. Let me predict how this game will play out: every lynch will be of an active player, except for one where a random inactive gets lynched. If town gets lucky they'll win, otherwise a quiet scum player will coast to victory. I've seen picnic blankets with less consistent patterns.
So make a better case.

zeemumu

Since we are getting close to the end of the day I'll move my vote onto someone that's more likely to be on contention.

Vote: zeemumu

Zeemumu is here but they don't feel like a presence. I understand that this could be applied to multiple players but their most recent post

looks large but it's mostly fluff. The only important parts being the first two sentences. It feels like they are trying to appear more active and contributating that they actually are.

Not because I don't want to but because I don't have a lot to go on for most people and throwing a bunch of rocks in the dark is dangerous, hence the 2nd part of that post.

I don't feel like a presence because I'm not. Anywhere. Ever. That includes outside of this game. I initially put the vote on milk because of that initial claim that I couldn't really make sense of, and then they started attempting several different types of deflection on page 5. And they really seem to want attention focused on Ouro who, at the time, was also in the running for votes but I assumed most of those were joke votes, so that'd be milk's best chance for survival for this round at least. And that's all I got.

zeemumu

Wouldn't the best possible thing you can do as scum be stepping in as a town gambit moderator? I mean that's what people do in real life, or at least hire the people already in that position. You could shake off suspicion through segmenting your posts using other quotes and no one would question you because you're present through too many conflicting ideas, and you wouldn't have to worry about making waves because you'd be safe regardless.

batsnacks

Wouldn't the best possible thing you can do as scum be stepping in as a town gambit moderator? I mean that's what people do in real life, or at least hire the people already in that position. You could shake off suspicion through segmenting your posts using other quotes and no one would question you because you're present through too many conflicting ideas, and you wouldn't have to worry about making waves because you'd be safe regardless.
HEY WHO ARE YPU TALKING ABOUT

CCS

Banned
Since I may well not be around for day end, if I'm vote leading in half an hour I'm role claiming.

Not a threat, there's just a good chance I won't be back in time to defend myself again after that.

Fireblend

Banned
Since I last provided my thoughts, Zipped seems to have become more active, and I'd find it hard to continue justifying suspicion towards him as I had stated earlier. Fortunately my sharp mind and wit has provided me with a healthy amount of subjects I wouldn't oppose lynching today, specially crab, with flame and zeemumu trailing not far behind. I'm satisfied with where my vote sits now, however, and if things stay that way I'd only change it to prevent a tie lest something happens in the next couple hours.

Well done, emphasising all of the post except the part where I explain why does put it in a different light 👏

You'd be right. The emphasis wasn't really needed.

*Splinter

A better case than what? I can't respond when there's no case to answer. I've already replied to your posts, you accept that explanation or you don't.
No I meant a better case than the "shoddy as hell" one that's been aimed at you. Who do you want to lynch? Why? Are you still all aboard the Milk train?

CCS

Banned
No I meant a better case than the "shoddy as hell" one that's been aimed at you. Who do you want to lynch? Why? Are you still all aboard the Milk train?

Yes I am. I find his soft claim suspicious, and even if you ignore that he's contributed basically nothing so even if he flips town he's no more of a loss than anyone else.

Fireblend

Banned
Err

He has?

You're right, that was an overstatement. In fact the way he responded right after my read and then went back into absence makes him shadier now that I read through the last page again. You've opened my eyes to the truth and I've become enlightened.

Top Bottom