• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN reporting that Obamacare repeal only is dead as well

giphy.gif

Armaros

If the 'moderates' were lery of the medicare cuts without anything, how in the world would they support just repeal of obamacare when that entails the medicare cuts.

*head spins*

commedieu

Banned
So, are they going to try to fix it....? They needed this for their Tax platform savings, without this, the tax platform is DOA as well. I mean, I know the Tax reform is in some ways, harder than healthcare. So it will just be a repeat of republican morons, representing morons that voted for them, not being able to pass anything in the country?

Isn't it important for them to provide healthcare, since obamacare is literally killing me as I pos....
...x.x.

x

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I can feel the tweet coming already:

Trump: "Don't repeal, just like Obamacare explode. The Dems will come crawling back!"

I hope we get to see the epilogue of the eventual musical adaptation happen where the Trump actor comes up to stage and goes "I couldn't repeal it even if I tried... and I tried."

I actually wish it was Murkowski that was the third vote so he can threaten her with a primary challenge lol.
She's already lost a primary in 2010, she turned around and won as a write-in candidate.

Trump holds no power over Murky.

He won't even be president by the time she's up for re-election tbh.

LakeEarth

I can feel the tweet coming already:

Trump: "Don't repeal, just like Obamacare explode. The Dems will come crawling back!"

"Obstructing democrats (which they don't have the votes to do) are preventing this bill (that they were not given any role in the writing of) from repealing Obamacare (which they killed themselves to get passed the first time around)"

Velcro Fly

There was never any way repeal only was going to be a thing. They couldn't in this climate be that stupid and think they were going to get away with it.

Mariolee

Am I just being crazy or do these words not make sense in that order?

What it means is that "repealing Obamacare without a replacement" is dead in the water.

However, it's still possible if they have a good enough replacement (ha) they can repeal and replace at the same time.

It's the Democrats obstructing the process.
Who cares that they weren't invited to any meetings regarding the process, they are the problem!

8 Democrats control the Senate*.

*Source is the president

Protein

Banned
They tried for years to repeal this and even with all branches of government they still can't. Fucking worthless old twats.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
As bad as a day you might be having today, remember that the turtle and chump and probably having meltdown tier tantrums behind closed doors.

JettDash

I really don't think that Pelosi and Schumer would mind taking the "blame" for "obstructing" them from taking healthcare from tens of millions.

Murawski and Collins are expected, they're the only Rs left with a damn backbone.

Capito is a shock, but considering her state is the poorest in the nation (WV) and I think something like 50% of residents depend on the ACA, it's not all that surprising.

Top Bottom