• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Zero Is Dead. Long Live 'Coca-Cola No Sugar'

Occam

Coke Zero is really good, Diet Coke tastes awful to me. I hope this is just a (bad) name change or really tastes like regular Coke.
Otherwise I'll have to switch back to Pepsi Max.

Why woud you kill a product that millions of people like?

Occam

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239747415 said:
No sugar is the green one and zero is the black one right?

The red one lives on and the white one hibernates.

No, the green one is with stevia and some sugar. And tastes terrible.

The new No Sugar looks like regular Coke with a black rim.
CocaColaNoSugar_4.jpg

KtSlime

Zero Cola is pretty much the only soda I drink. But I don't think they will be getting rid of it in my country, it is definitely the most popular version.

Hasney

I mean, I prefer Pepsi Max, but fuck off. They just got cherry and vanilla Coke Zero, so don't fuck with it

Amalthea

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;239747707 said:
CocaColaNoSugar_4.jpg

The black rim represents the amount of money they saved on not using sugar.
And the red part the money they saved not creating a brand identity for it.

Zero is a great name and it tastes the best. Diet is gross and regular is too syrupy. This sucks. :(

After the failed Coke Life, the poor new packaging that confuses half of the people, and now this it seems they're really screwing shit up.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So is this the same as the new formula Coke Zero we have in the UK? I love that stuff, to me I think it's the closest taste to regular coke without all the sugar.

& diet I don't like, doesn't really taste like anything to me...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This already happened in the UK a few months ago, I only noticed when I bought home a bottle and it looked different to the normal zero and had the "improved taste" on it.

I can't really remember if it actually tasted that much different to be honest.

BigDug13

I'm alright with it as long as it's the same size as the original. Those super tiny cans in the OP article aren't appealing. I don't want Red Bull sized cans of coke.

This already happened in the UK a few months ago, I only noticed when I bought home a bottle and it looked different to the normal zero and had the "improved taste" on it.

I can't really remember if it actually tasted that much different to be honest.

Wait, is this just that? that happened here in Sweden as well a few months back. I could barely tell the difference in taste, used to it now.

Oh shit, I looked at an empty bottle I had, it does say zero sugar on it.

Well my outrage is canceled

M3d10n

Seems like their plan is to make this the main beverage they make for the long term. Eventually the "no sugar" will the the only kind you can get, and then that label will disappear altogether; it will just be "coke." There's less and less money every year in food/drink that slowly kills you, as people wise up.

If it tastes the same as they claim, this is the logical end-game.

Vanilla Coke Zero is godtier. It's what I always get from the Freestyle machines. You can pry it from my dead hands.

I'm disappointed it took over 200 posts before someone mentioned this, especially with all the talk about Cherry Coke Zero which isn't nearly as good.

Diet Coke with Lime is great too, I haven't seen that mentioned yet either.

I'm disappointed it took over 200 posts before someone mentioned this, especially with all the talk about Cherry Coke Zero which isn't nearly as good.

Diet Coke with Lime is great too, I haven't seen that mentioned yet either.

That is probably an combination of the time-zones and that these exotic combinations are rarities at best outside of dekadent States of America. :p

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Damn. That's surprising to me that they would just drop that brand.

Well, I'll be okay. Pepsi Max works too.

You know, I bought a Pepsi Max the other day, thought it tasted fine at first, but then a creeping taste of mold started to overtake my senses and now I can't drink it without thinking of mold. It's nasty

SMG

You know, I bought a Pepsi Max the other day, thought it tasted yfine at first, but then a creeping taste of mold started to overtake my senses and now I can't drink it without thinking of mold. It's nasty
Max is the best. No normal cola come closer.

You know, I bought a Pepsi Max the other day, thought it tasted fine at first, but then a creeping taste of mold started to overtake my senses and now I can't drink it without thinking of mold. It's nasty

Same here. I tried Pepsi Max and I thought it was awful. And I like Diet Pepsi!

Joni

It is surprising because Coke Zero has a very good reputation, they even managed to make it 'manly' while Coke Lite was always set up as a female product which was directly reflected in their respective sales numbers and advertisement campaigns. No Sugar will not have the same effect so they're dropping that male market again on the 'diet' side.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Practically this entire thread. Got any evidence to back up your toxic claim? Cause I'll get out ahead and say most research on it is completely biased or just myth in general.
Every gastroenterogist I know would tell you otherwise my friend.

Also do you like kidney stone?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Well I did give up soda......so hahahahahaha

Me too, but in the rare instance I crave one every few months, it's normally Coke Zero.

An actual Coke or some other soft drink is actually too sweet for me. A few sips and I feel like I have a headache. I'm not used to it anymore.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Has no one here tried Diet Coke with Splenda? It adds legit flavor to Diet Coke and makes it a nectar of the gods. They sell it with Splenda already included---I'm not talking about adding it separately.
I mentioned it before but it's so damn good I feel like mentioning it again.

Said the same thing to people here. No one knows. Order it through Amazon people

I hope it's just a name change( I know the article states that it's supposed to taste more like regular coke). I think Coke Zero taste wayyy better than OG coke which I can't stand. Don't @ me

I'll be sad to see Vanilla Coke Zero go away. This just seems like a dumb move though, for reasons like Coke Zero being popular, the reasons people pointed out surrounding the name (Did anyone seriously put any thought into trying to ask for one of these and how dumb it will sound to say to a waitress "Yes, I'd like a Coca-Cola No Sugar please"), and then also how the 'Zero' branding crosses over to many of their other drinks like Sprite Zero and Pibb Zero and now it will seem odd that there is no equivalent Coke product.
Barely any resteraunts around here have Coke Zero though, which is always irritating because I don't quite care for Diet Coke, especially fountain drink Diet Coke. Oh well, Diet Coke it is from now on.
This shit's gonna be the Wii U of Coke products.
There's Vanilla Coke Zero? Jesus Christ, it's hard enough finding regular Vanilla Coke here. Stuff is god-tier. :'(

Seventy70

Maybe it's because I don't drink much soda to begin with, but I can't differentiate between the taste of diet and regular. I should do a side by side comparison and see. Usually people just describe diet soda as "bad" without going into specifics.

Izuna

Banned
I've been drinking this for days now, there is a promotion for free handouts near where I work (maybe they're done). Honestly, it's nice.

Can someone please confirm this is Austrailia only? Coke Zero is my carbonated beverage of choice.

Though Pepsi Max or whatever it's called now out of a fountain is pretty damn good too.

Top Bottom