• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit I forgot about them even I am subconsciously disrespeking them

I'm consciously disrespecting them, they will probably be ranked 15-20 at the end of the season, but for now they get credit for being undefeated midway through the season even though they haven't really beaten anyone. Their best win is TCU? Texas Tech? BYU?

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Hey super fan, maybe learn the difference between they're and there before you come in here running your dumb Canadian mouth, eh?

Clemson got fucking lucky they should of lost to Auburn and nc state got lucky in both games overrated team ACC is such a shit divison. Alabama is going to push Clemson's shit again it looks like or Florida State.

LionPride

Banned
Clemson got fucking lucky they should of lost to Auburn an nc state got lucky in both games overrated team ACC is such a shit divison. Alabama is going to push Clemson's shit again it looks like or Florida State.

Hmmm, I seem to remember a back and forth game for the most part, not a game where they pushed anyone's shit it

Clemson got fucking lucky they should of lost to Auburn and nc state got lucky in both games overrated team ACC is such a shit divison. Alabama is going to push Clemson's shit again it looks like or Florida State.

Don't forget Louisville. They should've also lost to Louisville. Holy shit Clemson is lucky.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
This years Clemson reminds me of Florida State 2 years ago with lucky win after lucky win. Until they got a ass beaten by Oregon in the playoff. Washington should be ahead of Clemson but that's not going to happen.

Can anybody explain Sparty?

Sure.

The intercollegiate athletics program at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro reaches as far back as the late 1940s during the days of the WCUNC, with students participating in national golf tournaments in 1948 and the school hosting the national tournaments for women's golf (1954) and tennis (1965). During the 1980s, all Spartan teams competed in Division III (non-scholarship) and then Division II (scholarship) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all teams have competed in Division I since Fall 1991. UNC Greensboro is a three-time winner of the Sasser Cup.

I'm told the Sasser Cup is very prestigious. As an alum, I think I'm proud.

ryseing

That same Auburn team just pushed Arkansas's shit in. A win over Auburn in Auburn is pretty good no matter the margin of victory.

And if you're going to insult Clemson, you gotta bring up narrowly beating Troy.

Can anybody explain Sparty?

- Lackluster recruiting in 2012-2013, so the upperclassmen aren't as good as they should be.

- Really bad playcalling.

- Loss of NFL-calibre players who made the big plays.

- Really bad OL and DL that aren't anywhere near what they have been in the past.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
24XQxs3.gif

So the following Pac-12 teams are bowl eligible:

UW
Utah
Colorado

Then you have with 5 wins each:

WSU (@Or St, Arizona, Cal, @Col, UW)
ASU (@Oregon, Utah, @UW, @Arizona)

And the next tier with 4 wins each:

Cal (@USC, UW, @WSU, Stanford, UCLA)
USC (Cal, Oregon, @UW, @UCLA, ND)
Stanford (@Arizona, Or St, @Oregon, @Cal, Rice)

And the bottom:

UCLA (@Colorado, Or St, USC, @Cal)
Oregon State (WSU, @Stanford, @UCLA, Arizona, Oregon)
Oregon (ASU, @USC, Stanford, @Utah, @Or St)
Arizona (@WSU, Colorado, @Or St, ASU)

ASU is tought to predict from here on out because of their inability to keep QBs healthy, if they could somehow get Wilkins back I think they could beat Oregon. Otherwise they probably don't win again until the Arizona game.

Cal has a rough stretch coming up, while USC isn't great the Golden Bears always seem to struggle in LA. Then they get UW and WSU before finishing with two more in state rivals. Hard to see them ending with more than 7 wins.

USC's only real road game left is the trip to UW, which considering how bad they've been on the road under Helton is probably a good thing. They still need Colorado and Utah to slip up to make the CCG but finishing on a 4-1 stretch would probably be a palatable end to the year for them.

Stanford's final 5 are all winnable, unless the Cardinal are even more broken than we thought. Best case is probably 4-1, worst case I think they still get 2 wins and sneak into a bowl.

I don't really know what to make of UCLA right now. They can't run, they can't stop the run, they spent the first half of the Utah game Flaccoing their way down the field and then in the second half they tried to go full Air Raid with a former walk on QB. It's hard to imagine them winning 3 of their last 4.

Oregon State is pretty bad at everything but running the football, but outside of WSU I don't feel that strongly about anyone left on their schedule. In theory they should be the underdog in all of those games, but again everyone they play except WSU is under performing and that mean's there's a chance, however slim. They probably won't go bowling but getting an upset win or two to end the season will make them feel better.

The Ducks defense is bad. Like really, really bad. BUT! They may have found a QB in Freshman Justin Hebert (8 TDs, 2 INTs in 74 attempts so far) and they can still run the ball. Unfortunately they have to win 4 of their final 5 just to make it to a bowl.

Arizona has not topped 30 points in any of their conference games so far. Their opponents have scored at least 35 in all 4 conference games. In fact the only games where Arizona has topped 30 are vs Grambling (31) and vs Hawaii (47). Their coach is one time offensive genius Rich Rodriguez and bet a lot of you forgot that fact. They have very little chance at playing in a bowl this season.

Overall I think one of those teams in the bottom 4 (either UCLA or Oregon) sneaks its way into the bowl picture and the conference gets 9 teams, but there's a lot of unpredictability after the top 4 (UW, WSU, Utah, Colorado). Cal and USC both look like they *might* be good enough to be the conference's second tier and I'd put ASU with them if they could keep their QBs healthy. After that things are a mess.

jjasper

took a bye week and didn't watch any games or check any scores yesterday. Impressions reading scores this morning

1. lololololol Arkansas
2. Maybe Ole Miss will finally not be ranked
3. LSU is gonna finish 9-3 and will have fired their coach after losing three games to teams in the top 15 at the end of the year. And Coach O is totally gonna be the coach
4. OSU's loss really doesn't change anything other than decrease the likelihood of 2 Big 10 teams in the playoff but still think the winner of OSU/Mich is in
5. Chickenshit

jfkgoblue

took a bye week and didn't watch any games or check any scores yesterday. Impressions reading scores this morning

1. lololololol Arkansas
2. Maybe Ole Miss will finally not be ranked
3. LSU is gonna finish 9-3 and will have fired their coach after losing three games to teams in the top 15 at the end of the year. And Coach O is totally gonna be the coach
4. OSU's loss really doesn't change anything other than decrease the likelihood of 2 Big 10 teams in the playoff but still think the winner of OSU/Mich is in
5. Chickenshit
8-3 can't forget the hurricane clusterfuck

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
What's the guess on how far OSU and TAM fall?

I am guessing 8 and 11, respectively.

Arkansas will drop out, Ole Miss will finally drop out, unless they win next week. C'mon, they have got to be the best 4-loss team in the country, right? Houston will drop to 22 or 23, maybe worse. Penn St will enter rankings at like 23.

ag-my001

I got distracted by other stuff and checked out of football after 8:00pm. Let's see what I missed...

Oh...

OOHHHH...

MotherofGod.gif

jfkgoblue

They are playing and now the game is at LSU.
But they still only play 11 games.
What's the guess on how far OSU and TAM fall?

I am guessing 8 and 11, respectively.

Arkansas will drop out, Ole Miss will finally drop out, unless they win next week. C'mon, they have got to be the best 4-loss team in the country, right? Houston will drop to 22 or 23, maybe worse. Penn St will enter rankings at like 23.
If either Ole Miss or Houston is ranked next week I will have lost all faith in the AP voters.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Damn I guess I missed some real shit in that Ohio State game.

I watched the 2nd quarter of the Bama game and that was all I got yesterday since I had family obligations all day.

Vanillalite

If we are going full crazy playoff hypothetical I don't think Clemson could beat the Harbaugh so they arent gonna get a shot at Bama anyways.

Bigger shit comes in if UDub stumbles before the finish line. Then it's a mad dash for that 4th slot IMO.

ryseing

If we are going full crazy playoff hypothetical I don't think Clemson could beat the Harbaugh so they arent gonna get a shot at Bama anyways.

Bigger shit comes in if UDub stumbles before the finish line. Then it's a mad dash for that 4th slot IMO.

Boise is praying that Wazzu wins out and beats UDub. Then they have a win over a P5 champ and can make a case as long as they're still undefeated.

Need to be more impressive though. I know BYU is decent but you gotta win by more than 1 at home.

No one game Clemson a shot against Oklahoma last year either. Clemson can get up for big games, especially with a month to prepare.

Vanillalite

No one game Clemson a shot against Oklahoma last year either. Clemson can get up for big games, especially with a month to prepare.

I actually thought Clemson would win last year. I thought last year's team had that IT factor. I just don't feel that this year.

This is irrespective of pundits at large.

So the following Pac-12 teams are bowl eligible:

UW
Utah
Colorado

Then you have with 5 wins each:

WSU (@Or St, Arizona, Cal, @Col, UW)
ASU (@Oregon, Utah, @UW, @Arizona)

And the next tier with 4 wins each:

Cal (@USC, UW, @WSU, Stanford, UCLA)
USC (Cal, Oregon, @UW, @UCLA, ND)
Stanford (@Arizona, Or St, @Oregon, @Cal, Rice)

And the bottom:

UCLA (@Colorado, Or St, USC, @Cal)
Oregon State (WSU, @Stanford, @UCLA, Arizona, Oregon)
Oregon (ASU, @USC, Stanford, @Utah, @Or St)
Arizona (@WSU, Colorado, @Or St, ASU)

ASU is tought to predict from here on out because of their inability to keep QBs healthy, if they could somehow get Wilkins back I think they could beat Oregon. Otherwise they probably don't win again until the Arizona game.

Cal has a rough stretch coming up, while USC isn't great the Golden Bears always seem to struggle in LA. Then they get UW and WSU before finishing with two more in state rivals. Hard to see them ending with more than 7 wins.

USC's only real road game left is the trip to UW, which considering how bad they've been on the road under Helton is probably a good thing. They still need Colorado and Utah to slip up to make the CCG but finishing on a 4-1 stretch would probably be a palatable end to the year for them.

Stanford's final 5 are all winnable, unless the Cardinal are even more broken than we thought. Best case is probably 4-1, worst case I think they still get 2 wins and sneak into a bowl.

I don't really know what to make of UCLA right now. They can't run, they can't stop the run, they spent the first half of the Utah game Flaccoing their way down the field and then in the second half they tried to go full Air Raid with a former walk on QB. It's hard to imagine them winning 3 of their last 4.

Oregon State is pretty bad at everything but running the football, but outside of WSU I don't feel that strongly about anyone left on their schedule. In theory they should be the underdog in all of those games, but again everyone they play except WSU is under performing and that mean's there's a chance, however slim. They probably won't go bowling but getting an upset win or two to end the season will make them feel better.

The Ducks defense is bad. Like really, really bad. BUT! They may have found a QB in Freshman Justin Hebert (8 TDs, 2 INTs in 74 attempts so far) and they can still run the ball. Unfortunately they have to win 4 of their final 5 just to make it to a bowl.

Arizona has not topped 30 points in any of their conference games so far. Their opponents have scored at least 35 in all 4 conference games. In fact the only games where Arizona has topped 30 are vs Grambling (31) and vs Hawaii (47). Their coach is one time offensive genius Rich Rodriguez and bet a lot of you forgot that fact. They have very little chance at playing in a bowl this season.

Overall I think one of those teams in the bottom 4 (either UCLA or Oregon) sneaks its way into the bowl picture and the conference gets 9 teams, but there's a lot of unpredictability after the top 4 (UW, WSU, Utah, Colorado). Cal and USC both look like they *might* be good enough to be the conference's second tier and I'd put ASU with them if they could keep their QBs healthy. After that things are a mess.

I know I might be eating crow, but I think USC will be the toughest test for the dawgs. Looks like they got their mojo back with darkhold

Top Bottom