• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If OSU doesn't make the CFP and Alabama hasn't lost a game by then, I'm hate-rooting for y'all to repeat.
Love, hate. I'll take it either way.
How are you feeling about @LSU now that Fournette is back and they appear to have the Orgeron touch?
It's not their offense that I'm concerned with; it's their defense. Same with Auburn. They'll put up some yards and get some points, but their defense is rock solid.

LionPride

Banned
...You lost there three years ago. I'm sorry if your memory doesn't date pre Harbaugh.

I wouldn't wanna remember a pre Harbaugh world either

Although I'm listening to old episodes of the Shutdown Fullcast and that is inescapable and I'm not even a fan of a single team

Evil won and lost tonight. Shit's crazy. Time for more beer.

200w.gif

squicken

This is a joke. Tech has already run 95 plays. Tech WRs are like 10 yards clear of defenders and Mixon has 3 or 4 forty yard runs where he is untouched. Bad football

ryseing

I wouldn't wanna remember a pre Harbaugh world either

Although I'm listening to old episodes of the Shutdown Fullcast and that is inescapable and I'm not even a fan of a single team

Remember Dave Brandon and his tickets with Cokes! And Shutdown Fullcast is GOAT.

It's not their offense that I'm concerned with; it's their defense. Same with Auburn. They'll put up some yards and get some points, but their defense is rock solid.

Yeah, Auburn having such a great defense has been a real surprise. Thanks for the brief analysis.

jfkgoblue

You cant remember 3 years ago? Or 4 of the last 7 times you played Penn St?

You forget the Hackenberg to Robinson 4 OT thriller 3 years ago?

...You lost there three years ago. I'm sorry if your memory doesn't date pre Harbaugh.

Here's a primer. Happy Valley is what its name says it is. A valley town filled with an irrational cult. That irrational cult occasionally makes good teams lose.
Oh yeah I remember that now, I subconsciously block out the Hoke years I guess...

I remember being pissed at the refs about something in that game, but don't remember what.

Also we sucked then.

LionPride

Banned
Remember Dave Brandon and his tickets with Cokes! And Shutdown Fullcast is GOAT.

I now have Shutdown Fullcast and all that great Florida goodness
Solid Verbal and their Lex Steele sound clips
The Audible
As well as Podcast ain't played nobody

All great CFB podcasts

"A great logjam in the PAC-12..."
"LOGS ARE MADE FROM TREES MOTHEFUCKER" - Ryan Nanni 2K16

FyreWulff

if Nebraska wins out, it's in the playoff. Who cares about being exposed, we'd be 13-0 with wins over Wiscy, tOSU, and Michigan.

(spoiler, we won't win out)

The only reason I'm saying this is because you could easily make a 4 team playoff if certain teams win out, and not include Nebraska, rankings wise.

Nebraska always has an uphill battle with rankings. Wins barely move the needle but a "quality loss" will tank them right back down into the 20s while it barely moves other teams down. It's bullshit, but what can you do. Any team we beat from other division in a rematch won't help us get into the top 4 of the rankings because beating them deranks them.

If things blow up a bit more, then sure, if they win the B10 championship they get in automatically. As it is, no, and the current structure means we're leaving out conferences anyway.

Ohio State losing to an unranked team just devalued a win (that we aren't getting) from "OMG THEY PULLED IT OFF" to "meh, Penn State did that too".

Either way. Rose Bowl if they win out, Rose Bowl if they lose in the B10 championship and whoever demolished us goes to the CFP. (Strangely, this is a repeat of another season - can't remember which exactly - where Nebraska was in a similar situation of going to the same bowl win or lose)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I now have Shutdown Fullcast and all that great Florida goodness
Solid Verbal and their Lex Steele sound clips
The Audible
As well as Podcast ain't played nobody

All great CFB podcasts

"A great logjam in the PAC-12..."
"LOGS ARE MADE FROM TREES MOTHEFUCKER" - Ryan Nanni 2K16

but the real question is, do they have the decided schematic advantage?

MIMIC

Banned
As for Washington, Alabama, Clemson, and WVU all going undefeated: the last time the top 4 teams went undefeated before the title game was 2009 (if I'm reading the rankings correctly)

2006: 1 (Ohio State)
2007: 0
2008: 0
2009: 4 (Alabama, Texas, Cincinnati, Boise State)
2010: 1 (Alabama)
2011: 1 (LSU)
2012: 1 (ND)
2013: 1 (FSU)
2014: 1 (FSU)
2015: 1 (Clemson)

Doesn't seem very likely for them all to go undefeated. If we win the rest of our games, we're in (hopefully)

jfkgoblue

Tomorrow's top ten predictions?

Mine:
1-Bama
2-Michigan
3-Clemson
4-Washington
5-Louisville
6-Nebraska
7-OSU
8-Baylor
9-Wisconsin
10- A&M

Subitai

Michigan was terrible that year, no way that Bill's biggest win
His only other win vs a ranked foe was against a 2 loss Wisconsin team on the road later that year. Michigan came in undefeated with a win against a 14th ranked ND team. Hence, I used the qualifier arguably.

Yeah, I was there. Wanted to cut my legs off by the end.
Sorry man.

I really remember because I thought I was gonna miss the game as my cousin was getting married the following day and scheduled the rehearsal dinner that night. Fortunately, the place it was at had a bar in the next room with the game on.

clav

Damn. I thought Northwestern had a chance at upsetting Ohio State next week.

They're going to be angry.

Top Bottom