• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
I want to play Santorini in MM as soon as possible, so.. the earlier the better.

And if it does not make it into the Operation Ill be really mad. and sad.

frbrr

If both santorini and new nuke are in the next operation it will be great, but we don't even have confirmation that valve are working on it.

Valkrai

Supposedly at RGN, swag wasn't supposed to be the stand-in from what sgares said. Steel also mentioned that GTR was possibly going to be at the lan but NiP may have paid him a massive bonus to try and keep him.

Another few things that was mentioned in Vulcun's twitch stream was that rumor is Pronax may be making a team with pyth and Devilwalk.

All rumors and hearsay except for swag not the original stand-in.

RobNBanks

Banned
yeah
in the span of about an hour, steel said:

1. GTR was supposed to play for C9 at RGN, NiP "paid" him good money to change his mind. Paid in quotes because out of all these rumors, we all know that's the least likely
2. Originally wanted swag on Torqued for RGN. Stunna decided to snatch him up instead. Stewie2k was supposed to be tried out for C9, playing for Torqued was basically his tryout
3. Pronax/Devilwalk/Pyth to form a team. Sadokist also said "its been out there for weeks"
Bonus
4. "adren? he's not good, he's not going anywhere" (while discussing potential C9 pickups)
5. Pimp is the EU ptr

Valkrai

yeah
in the span of about an hour, steel said:

1. GTR was supposed to play for C9 at RGN, NiP "paid" him good money. Paid in quotes because out of all these rumors, we all know that's the least likely
2. Originally wanted swag on Torqued for RGN. Stunna decided to snatch him up instead. Stewie2k was supposed to be tried out for C9, playing for Torqued was basically his tryout
3. Pronax/Devilwalk/Pyth to form a team. Sadokist also said "its been out there for weeks"
Bonus
4. "adren? he's not good, he's not going anywhere" (while discussing potential C9 pickups)

I wouldn't expect adren to go anywhere, where would he go if so? lol

I'm curious to see what that pronax/pyth/devilwalk team would be like. It'd be an immediate step up from LG/Winterfox/whatever the fuck else they were called.

Mokoi

Banned
shit was only getting 77 fps. Felt like ass. Forgot I capped them.

also now on dat g502 and 1920. Best csgo player in world now.

Reven

shit was only getting 77 fps. Felt like ass. Forgot I capped them.

also now on dat g502 and 1920. Best csgo player in world now.

g502 is best mouse ever. I don't get why people still play on low res or at 4:3, makes no sense to me.

impact

Banned
What's the best way to improve with shotguns? I feel confident with every other class of weapon.

play stupid angles that allow you to jump, play close angles that allow you to easily fall back to cover after you take your shot. short B on overpass with a mag can be deadly, just sit at the corner ADADAD peaking, shoot, back up, AD around and shoot again.

baby

g502 is best mouse ever. I don't get why people still play on low res or at 4:3, makes no sense to me.

well when you look at it not as 1920 vs 1024 bb but as 190 fps (60 with 1 smoke on screen, 30 with 2, forget about 3) vs 300 (consistent) the decision seems a lot less strange.

besides, when its what you grew up using its really not a big deal

RobNBanks

Banned
What's the best way to improve with shotguns? I feel confident with every other class of weapon.

Don't use shotguns unless you're jump shooting B plat on Cobblestone.

For any other close range scenario you're better off with a p250/five seven. Pistols are dumb as shit and one hit kills at the same range, but if you miss at least you can spam some more shots to save yourself.

In order to make shotguns worth it you need to be NBK

Reven

well when you look at it not as 1920 vs 1024 bb but as 190 fps (60 with 1 smoke on screen, 30 with 2, forget about 3) vs 300 (consistent) the decision seems a lot less strange.

besides, when its what you grew up using its really not a big deal
I guess that's a valid point for people with low hardware, and those used to old setups.

Blizzard

Banned
My first ranked game of the night had an actual spinbotter. 400+ hour account, not even trying to hide it, just rolling around the map spinning for desert eagle / AK / scout headshots. So weird.

Lel at people not using shotguns, COME ON GUYS!

Play corners and dont miss lol. Being aggressive seems to work on Inferno alot for me though.

Aim for the head with Novas.

Learn the recoil and spray patterns on the XM and it can be a life saver.

Swag 7 for CT

Never use sawed off shotty

2CC6794411C60A98C46576EFC4E6D11989AAFD4C

These are all in competitive as well.

When it works, it works well man. Usually only buy it when I CAN't afford anything decent on CT. Now that I've kind of learned how to use the Famas, I stopped. A bit, but if I ever only had just $3400 from winning the round, or less, I'd usually go.

Auto Shotty, Armor, Smoke. Use smoke to get into a REALLY close angle, (ex, hiding on Cat) and just hope I get the one and done and early info. Anything more is great.

The $900 kill reward means regardless of death, winning a round places me at $4300 with just one kill, giving me a good buy for next round.

MayMay

Banned
Shotguns suck. I only ever use the Swag 7 sometimes because it's just so powerful if used correctly, but even then I only buy it if I play a spot where I'll most likely be able to get myself a better weapon fast.

Nothing worse than being stuck in a clutch situation with a shotgun.

cebri.one

I don't use the shotgun too much, but if you are planning to engage the enemy from a short range is a very good weapon although is hard to use. You really have to nail the shots, one miss and you are pretty much dead. But is very rewarding when you manage to get some kills in a row. That bum¡ dead¡ bum¡ dead¡ is great.

people that buy the auto shotty are terrible people

Lol I do (But im a trash MGE). I buy it early to get that money for the team. I've some what learned how to use the XM at long range too. If the enemy team keeps falling for it, I keep using it.

Although, I've used shottys a little too much in the past few weeks because im now im shit with the AK again.

tootsi666

Those monitor boxes are hilarious. At least the players can now use monitors they are used to.

Legacy's CT side is pretty good.

Edit. Is it just me or is the quality really bad even on source?

cHinzo

16-0----------16-0----------------------------------16-0-16-0
16-0--------16-0---------------------------------16-0-------16-0
16-0-------16-0---------------------------------16-0---------16-0
16-0------16-0-16-0-------16-016-0------16-0-----------16-0
16-0-----16-0---16-0------16-016-0------16-0-----------16-0
16-0-----16-0----16-0------------------------16-0----------16-0
16-0-----16-0---16-0--------------------------16-0--------16-0
16-0------16-0-16-0------------------------------16-0-16-0

MayMay

Banned
Only takes an hour to start because there's a big lack of people, no matter if we do it early, later or whenever.

Asking ppl takes time, especially if some ppl don't say yes or no straight away but say "hmm maybe" and then half an hour later pull out lol

Top Bottom