• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I've been getting into CS:GO after ignoring it for a bit (I played CS1.6 for something like 10 years) and it's pretty solid. Played against my first hacker last night. He went 8-1-11 first half, as a Terrorist on Dust2, then second half averaged ~3 kills a round (He legitimately finished with 40+ frags overall) and was 1-2 shotting people all over the map with a pistol while awping everyone through smokes and doors. It was frustrating but luckily having played like 60 hours in the past month it's the first guy I actually though was cheating, so I think the games in a good place.

frbrr

I've been getting into CS:GO after ignoring it for a bit (I played CS1.6 for something like 10 years) and it's pretty solid. Played against my first hacker last night. He went 8-1-11 first half, as a Terrorist on Dust2, then second half averaged ~3 kills a round (He legitimately finished with 40+ frags overall) and was 1-2 shotting people all over the map with a pistol while awping everyone through smokes and doors. It was frustrating but luckily having played like 60 hours in the past month it's the first guy I actually though was cheating, so I think the games in a good place.

There was a vac wave last night and the game is 50% off at the moment.
All the hackers will be buying new accounts, so the next month will be rough :>

Ludono

Good thing it's Finals / Christmas Holiday and I'll probably be taking a month off from videogames :p

Once upon a time VAC was the laughing stock of the CS community, glad they have worked to improve it. Like I said, in dozens of matches that was the first guy I legitimately felt was cheating, so the game has come a long way.

Hycran

Banned
Once upon a time VAC was the laughing stock of the CS community, glad they have worked to improve it. Like I said, in dozens of matches that was the first guy I legitimately felt was cheating, so the game has come a long way.

You can always report people as well and let overwatch decide.

RobNBanks

Banned
VAC is still garbage. I had spinbotters bookmarked for months that survived multiple ban waves

Finally just accepted that they were never going to get banned. Either that or these guys were gods that could 2160 noscope while looking at the floor

The guy i played against 2 months ago that put down smoke everywhere so he could track and kill people through it with his nova level of aim is still not banned, i really dont have much faith in the vac system.

tootsi666

LMAO at that NA CSGO -sign

VAC has it's highs and lows. Right now there is more hackers than in the summer IMO but MM is definitely playable.

tootsi666

UqOShWC.gif

Shamelessly stolen from twitter

NiP! NiP! NiP! :)

Easy skins. NIP has been beating NV often lately.
NiP has been great money for betters lately. Their win record has been pretty good lately, and usually they're always the underdog because EVERYONE for some reason thinks they can't beat other Tier 1 teams.

cHinzo

Where did I drop my- oh here it is!

16-0----------16-0----------------------------------16-0-16-0
16-0--------16-0---------------------------------16-0-------16-0
16-0-------16-0---------------------------------16-0---------16-0
16-0------16-0-16-0-------16-016-0------16-0-----------16-0
16-0-----16-0---16-0------16-016-0------16-0-----------16-0
16-0-----16-0----16-0------------------------16-0----------16-0
16-0-----16-0---16-0--------------------------16-0--------16-0
16-0------16-0-16-0------------------------------16-0-16-0

impact

Banned
2CC6794411C60A98C46576EFC4E6D11989AAFD4C

These are all in competitive as well.

When it works, it works well man. Usually only buy it when I CAN't afford anything decent on CT. Now that I've kind of learned how to use the Famas, I stopped. A bit, but if I ever only had just $3400 from winning the round, or less, I'd usually go.

Auto Shotty, Armor, Smoke. Use smoke to get into a REALLY close angle, (ex, hiding on Cat) and just hope I get the one and done and early info. Anything more is great.

The $900 kill reward means regardless of death, winning a round places me at $4300 with just one kill, giving me a good buy for next round.
yea you blow

VAC is still garbage. I had spinbotters bookmarked for months that survived multiple ban waves

Finally just accepted that they were never going to get banned. Either that or these guys were gods that could 2160 noscope while looking at the floor

The guy i played against 2 months ago that put down smoke everywhere so he could track and kill people through it with his nova level of aim is still not banned, i really dont have much faith in the vac system.
I see hackers quite regularly and I don't even play everyday. It is funny how some try to hide it. I predict more hackers next week due to sales and the time it takes to rank up to 3.

cHinzo

Meh VAC is doing work for me. Got two more profile pages saved which got banned last week. Were the obvious ones, waiting at odd angles for people to walk into his aim and dumb prefires. Most of the games where people got 30+ kills are just people playing well imo, but of course it can't be that people are better than u!

NiP :(

Man. Gonna be a hard tourney now. Gonna bet on a NiP vs Fnatic grand final.

Virtus Pro > Liquid
EnVyUs > Luminosity

Fnatic > Virtus Pro
Ninja's >TSM

Ninja's > Fnatic

Heh, gonna be cool to get an all Swedish finals in Swedean.

tootsi666

NiP showing once again how dead they are. You can have BO1 upsets all day long if you then play like that in the next match.

Swedish fanboy who probably couldn't understand a word of Swedish. I've now seen everything :>

NiP showing once again how dead they are. You can have BO1 upsets all day long if you then play like that in the next match.

Swedish fanboy who probably couldn't understand a word of Swedish. I've now seen everything :>
I don't care about Fnatic and For the longest time actually disliked them.

Kind of realized though that JW isn't a complete jerk face, and is actually a nice guy with a great personality on Twitter. Olof seems nice from his Dreamhack Cluj video. I like Dennis from G2/Kinguin.

I still dislike Flusha though. But at least 4/5ths of the team is chill, so Meh.

Valkrai

RIP impact lol

I'm indifferent to Fnatic in general, don't hate them but not too big of a fan of theirs. I'm more in favor of Flusha considering all the stupid shit he dealt with when people were trying to get him banned or witchhunting him when KQLY and other pros were banned for cheating.

Deltoid

Banned
what sensitivity do you guys play with

i feel like i need a different sensitivity for each gun

i haven't really played cs since like 2006, rusty as fuck :( why does my ak not do the things i want it to

cHinzo

what sensitivity do you guys play with

i feel like i need a different sensitivity for each gun

i haven't really played cs since like 2006, rusty as fuck :( why does my ak not do the things i want it to
I'm playing on 1 sensitivity at 800 DPI.

Just try some casual games out to get that CS feel back. Maybe its ur hand which isn't listening and not ur AK. :'D

Top Bottom