• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Honestly, as sacrilegious as this sounds... If console counter strike took off I would play that. Then you wouldn't have people constantly accusing you of hacks and there wouldn't be wallers to deal with.

It's the main reason I barely play anymore. Tired of the nasty volatile CSGO culture.

Omega

Banned
play with Rivitur on Xbox 360

kills two birds with one stone. you can play on console and we can get rid of Rivitur

I'm not joking.

Never played CoD on console? Full of cheaters lol

Last Call Of Duty I played was Modern Warfare 2 and it had it's occasional cheater.

I didn't think cheating on consoles was really a thing nowadays. I imagine that, even if it is, it's probably a lot harder and less convenient than on a PC. Right?

EDIT: I was always in the DMG/Eagle rank and was constantly either getting yelled at for being a cheater or someone was clearly wall hacking. I just can't stand that kind of constantly suspicious experience, it wears on me and I become a bitter person over a stupid game.

MayMay

Banned
Last Call Of Duty I played was Modern Warfare 2 and it had it's occasional cheater.

I didn't think cheating on consoles was really a thing nowadays. I imagine that, even if it is, it's probably a lot harder and less convenient than on a PC. Right?

EDIT: I was always in the DMG/Eagle rank and was constantly either getting yelled at for being a cheater or someone was clearly wall hacking. I just can't stand that kind of constantly suspicious experience, it wears on me and I become a bitter person over a stupid game.

Yeah, it's definitely alot more trouble and work to cheat on console than on PC - but it's possible. Also not sure if there's any cheaters on the next gen consoles yet. But it's just a matter of time pretty much.

That's good to hear. I haven't been on in quite a while. Hopefully Valve's counter measures are actually working.

I stopped playing a few months ago because my Razor Deathadder mouse wheel broke. GRRRRR

They've stepped up with the vac ban waves recently, you're still going to run into smurfs though.

Gotta go with the Steelseries Rival dude.

Lolcomin

Banned
Sucks when you're a nova 4 and you've played better than mg's when you've queued up.

Plus I'll never get that rank up

so how long is it before my account has all the warnings and whatnot cleared?

I just got done serving a one week competitive ban (too many disconnects and the like) and I finally got a match today. Dude on my team had to leave so someone brought up the vote to kick and I voted yes. I finish my game, and now I have ANOTHER one week ban. FFS.... Is there a way to just keep my nose clean and get my three strikes or whatever back, or am I fucked?

I just got done serving a one week competitive ban (too many disconnects and the like) and I finally got a match today. Dude on my team had to leave so someone brought up the vote to kick and I voted yes. I finish my game, and now I have ANOTHER one week ban. FFS.... Is there a way to just keep my nose clean and get my three strikes or whatever back, or am I fucked?

If you have a 7 day ban it takes 7 days after the ban ends and then you will go down one level so down to 24 hours if you quit again. Then you have to wait another 7 days and it will drop down to 3 hours and etc.

If you have a 7 day ban it takes 7 days after the ban ends and then you will go down one level so down to 24 hours if you quit again. Then you have to wait another 7 days and it will drop down to 3 hours and etc.

So another length of said ban, to drop down to the next level of ban? So, if I wait out this one week ban, in another week, the next ban is 24 hours? And so on? I can deal, I guess.

Mokoi

Banned
Looks good. I like the ergonomics on it.

I was also thinking about the corsair one with the weights. So many choices...
What the Corsair Raptor M45? I had that mouse for awhile, and it wasn't bad. Although I didn't like how I felt that there was a slight delay when right clicking because how it's designed. Idk how to explain it, the front cover is kind of raised I guess you could say. lol

After a certain point it just because preference. I also used the logitech g502 for brief time, but the weight of the mouse was just weird. Adding weights and removing them just wasn't cutting it.
The one I linked to you just felt p good, so I kept it. just got to find the right mouse for you and shit.

So another length of said ban, to drop down to the next level of ban? So, if I wait out this one week ban, in another week, the next ban is 24 hours? And so on? I can deal, I guess.

nope. It is always 7 days before you drop down a level. so you you are banned 24 hours you need to wait a week and then if you are not banned the next time will only be 3 hours isntead.

Omega

Banned

maybe stop kicking people and rage quitting.

Uriah

All we know about the ranking system is that it's based on glicko-2

Disappointing. I wanted to know where I rank among the greater amount of players.

Played with an obvious hacker on my team. Checking his profile revealed it was a throw-away account, with his rank at level 3 and only owning 1 steam game. Makes me wonder what else Valve can do to curb cheating.

Omega

Banned
that butterfly knife was fucking enormous

both knives looked like shit, I don't know what the purpose of that request was. makes me wonder if youtubers know that karambits and butterfly knives are real things and not Valve creations

cHinzo

Disappointing. I wanted to know where I rank among the greater amount of players.

Played with an obvious hacker on my team. Checking his profile revealed it was a throw-away account, with his rank at level 3 and only owning 1 steam game. Makes me wonder what else Valve can do to curb cheating.
Having an account with only 1 game and a low rank doesn't mean shit. Could have easily been a smurf.

I haven't gotten a cheater in a long long while. No obvious ones at least. People like to call people cheaters way too soon in this game. :d

frbrr

Having an account with only 1 game and a low rank doesn't mean shit. Could have easily been a smurf.

I haven't gotten a cheater in a long long while. No obvious ones at least. People like to call people cheaters way too soon in this game. :d

For sure, people who call hacks early are just giving themselves an excuse to go on tilt and not perform.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't see it linked in OP, so here if anyone else is new like me and did not know until fairly recently about recoil patterns that are useful when spraying: http://imgur.com/a/m1pz2/noscript

Also, I didn't know until today that smoke grenades extinguish molotov fire. I felt silly.

If you are soloquing and somebody asks for the team to kick him, don't do it. Fuck him. That increases your odds of getting banned and you are left with an odd man out either way. Let his bitch ass leave and take a penalty instead of risking the team's.

Blizzard

Banned
If you are soloquing and somebody asks for the team to kick him, don't do it. Fuck him. That increases your odds of getting banned and you are left with an odd man out either way. Let his bitch ass leave and take a penalty instead of risking the team's.
I agree. My favorite thing is when someone tries to get the team to kick them (so the team will get the risk of a cooldown), but the team refuses...and then they start teamkilling once or twice, but not enough to get autokicked.

And then finally they get fed up with trolling and leave, and get a 7-day cooldown. I've seen that 7-day cooldown at least once.

I agree. My favorite thing is when someone tries to get the team to kick them (so the team will get the risk of a cooldown), but the team refuses...and then they start teamkilling once or twice, but not enough to get autokicked.

And then finally they get fed up with trolling and leave, and get a 7-day cooldown. I've seen that 7-day cooldown at least once.
I seen it several times and each time I was laughing my ass off.

At this rate cs gaf will convert to rocket league gaf. They will take on competitive with set roles.

Lazy goalie
Don't know what the fuck to do guy
Jumping/boosting in air jackass
The traitor

Lupercal

Banned
One of those days, joining games with a buddy and get dropped into Russia everytime.
No one follows tactics or does call outs, maybe a kurwa here and there.
I miss my ak rank :(

I had my first Russian game yesterday in a while. I was wondering why my ping was so bad, and no one was talking on my team. So until half-time, I didn't notice it was Russians. No one was screaming though which was nice, maybe because we won.

MayMay

Banned

I don't think anyone in their right mind has to worry about a cooldown because of too many kicks. That only happens if you kick an excessive amount, aka one or more every game. Which is a retarded thing to do.

If the team is winning and someone wants to get kicked, just kick him. At least you still have a chance to win a game with that because a bot doesnt teamflash or block ppl or otherwise sabotages a game. Which is what everyone does when their kick request doesnt go through lol If the team is losing by alot tho.. fuck him. Can just stay and take the loss like a man.

Top Bottom