• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Vinka is bae

Just kidding Quiche you're still #1 in my heart

UvLHRu7.gif

JDB

Banned
Mousesports have won 1 out of their last 12 Cobblestone matches. You'd think they would start banning it at some point.
Edit: They actually managed not to choke at the end. Guess this means they'll keep picking Cobble ( ._.)

BigAT

So after not having played for somewhere between 6-12 months, I popped on to get a game in and now it seems there is no way for me to play competitve? Even though I have like 80 competitive wins and 100+ hours played?

JDB

Banned
So after not having played for somewhere between 6-12 months, I popped on to get a game in and now it seems there is no way for me to play competitve? Even though I have like 80 competitive wins and 100+ hours played?
You have to get level 2 in order to play competitive matchmaking. You're in luck because they only just lowered the requirements.

cHinzo

Get your rank up to lvl 2. A couple of casual games or DM should be enough.

Oh wow didn't know ECS was so soon.

Forgot to ask time off to watch this tournament. :(

EDIT:

Played an ESEA Pug with this guy, we lost, whole team played like shit, gg no re.

Played another PUG right after, matched AGAINST the same guy, he insulted me and said "GG anyone who matches with SpeedyBlueDude loses. BOT Speedy, etc"

Actually managed to make my score respectable and win the match against him, performing better than him, and getting double my kills on T-side after an abysmal CT-side.

Feels real good proving those fuckers wrong after proving them right and sucking it on CT-side.

Hixx

Butbutbutbut Anders I thought Newke was pure CT side? And that 5 rounds was amazing for EchoFox?

And on this CT sided map it's very hard to do anything against a secret rush?

So many contradictions. So much rubbish.

Nevermind, keep shouting "r u kidding me rfweoijioani" and Semmler keep wanting to shout "peekaboo" because FUCK YOU SEMMLER

cHinzo

Flipside keeps surprising me.

Edit: this is how I imagine Mouz to play during the major.

Edit2: okay I think I know why Dust2 seems so much easier lately. The cheating scumbags who are afraid of getting banned don't have Prime, so they can't get into my games. :D

NiP :(

GeT_RiGhT couldn't hold B-site. I feel like ThreaT should have made the call that someone needed to help support GTR on B and watch his upper.

Always next time! Tournament isn't over yet.

Now back to sleep.

cHinzo

Astralis losing again. Damn this team. ��

Edit: TSM gonna beat both Astralis and Fnatic on the same day. What a world we live in.

cHinzo

Welp got no more hope for Astralis this year. They just suck so hard atm. >_> Maybe they can win a tournament next year. 😫

JDB

Banned
40 minute gap between games.

What is this
I guess they set the time so there's room for 3 maps in a match up and they don't push the matches forward if a BO3 ends after 2 matches. It's pretty annoying, especially without a countdown or something.

baby

That Sick kid is having the event of his life, dayum.

sick has been insane online for a long time, the real shock is hes doing it on lan. gotta hope for a repeat performance

crazy to think thisll be the first major i probably wont watch

Ludono

In less than two weeks the next CS:GO Major kicks-off and I’m already really excited about everything, it will be awesome! Here is a quick list of things which are confirmed so far.

16 world class CS:GO teams. Lineups. Groups. Schedule.
Get stickers and signatures to support your favorite team and players - 50% of the proceeds go to players and organisations. Use them to play Fantasy Team game or the Pick’Em Challenge.
Still want to go to Cologne? Be quick. Tickets are still available but will be sold out in the next few days.
We’ve added additional screens to enhance viewing experience in the upper level section.
Every attendee will get a Series 2 Pin at the entrance!
You’ll get a cloth wristbands for three days - don’t lose it!
Still looking for a place to stay? Check the ESL One Camp. Daily parties, fun competitions, public viewing of group stage on Thursday and much more!
You can also do an early check-in on Thursday at the Camp - get your wristband and Series 2 pin to be all set to enter LANXESS arena quickly on Friday!
Event open doors: Friday: 8:00 CEST, Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 CEST.
Pin trading area for you to meet with other fans.
In addition to the players & talent various CSGO and esports personalities have already confirmed they will be running around at the event.
Signing sessions with teams and players: the full schedule will be posted on the Website with more details in the event guide.
ESL Shop will once again have team jerseys and some items exclusive to ESL One Cologne
Partner booths with lots of activities.
You can leave and re-enter the stadium as you like.
PGL will be doing the in-game production during the playoffs in the stadium (e.g. observing & replays).
Watch the EURO final on the big screen in the stadium on Sunday after the CSGO final.
More side activities for attendees to be announced in the upcoming week
There is a camp questions FAQ posted as a comment in this thread
Full event guide with all you need to know to be released in the upcoming week
Although we generally love cosplay at our events, please don’t come in CT/T outfits especially not with fake weapons as this could lead to entry issues with the Arena
One very important piece which we have not announce yet is the talent lineup, which we look forward to revealing in the next two days! Without wanting to give away too much it's 14 man team spread across the following roles, feel free to have a guess:

Stage Host
Roaming Host
Desk Host
3x Analyst
8x Commentator
Below in the comments you can also find a small FAQ from questions we got here on reddit. If you have more - just ask.

See you in Cologne!
Cheers,

Seems like they've stepped up over last year, nice to see

Top Bottom