• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross The Line - Sexual Assault... ok, maybe just Sexual Harassment!

Beth Cyra

He does nothing wrong, it's just the same way when a girl talks a ton about a male character they really like. xD it comes off as creepy/obsessive in a way.

Uh oh don't let the media know about that.

I can agree with that to a degree, but I don't want to see things like Matrix and his love for Storm going away just because they are crazy in a way.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think pulling the sponsorship from WNF is really excessive, especially considering WNF has banned the people responsible from being on mic and is changing up their process for letting anyone else talk on stream.

I understand that SRK needs to take a stand but this is just punishing everyone. With no EVO points available, bigger names aren't going to go to WNF anymore, causing fewer people to watch it, which is just a death spiral.

I think it is excessive, but at the same time I don't blame them. This shit is mostly political, and logic and politics don't often mix too well.

I really don't think Marn or Christian said anything that offensive, but saying those things on the mic was stupid. They should've known that the magnifying glass was on them, and that there might be ambulance-chasing bloggers watching who would take any little thing and blow it up. They either didn't realize the reality of what's going on right now, or they didn't care. Either way, they were foolish.

LevelUp and Evo are making an example out of them. Business-wise, it's a smart decision for a lot of reasons. Let's not forget that Capcom has said that they're giving $500k to various tournaments this year. I assume Evo is slated to get a large chunk of that.

jbug617

Banned
The thing is that Level Up is the most professional fighting game stream. If anybody would of got called out on it, I thought it would of been Spooky.

The money will be used for contest for the wonderful nice people that post on the forums at SRK....Kappa

I know this is more or less a joke post but I have met several members of SRK GD and all are wonderful people. Is it a rough place, sure but it isn't that different than other forums. Say dumb things and you will be called out on it.

<3 SRK

The GD part of it anyway. I say away from the game specific boards lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know this is more or less a joke post but I have met several members of SRK GD and all are wonderful people. Is it a rough place, sure but it isn't that different than other forums. Say dumb things and you will be called out on it.

<3 SRK

The GD part of it anyway. I say away from the game specific boards lol.

It's a joke post, there are some wonderful people at every forum.

Beth Cyra

Are you guys really going to blame Jared for this? Aris interjected himself into the conversation that Haunts was having.

Plus, unless Jared was mind-controlling Aris he certainly has nothing to do with the incident that started all this.

This is no longer Aris fault either, this has went way beyond him so at this point any of the original three being blamed is pointless.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The money will be used for contest for the wonderful nice people that post on the forums at SRK....Kappa
GAF needs it's own Major to show the rest of the world what the FGC IS REALLY ALL ABOUT AMIRITE

Streamed by TeamKadey.
Sponsored by MCZ MarkMan and EviLore.
Brackets run by USD.
Pot bonus courtesy of PSN MahvelGAF.

Jared killed the FGC.
I would say he destroyed a part of the culture.

How can you have the real FGC without popoff? What no more barfights? No more East Coast/West Coast rivalries because its inspire "hateful" thoughts?

Its entertaining when you have people like Jago/SmoothViper/Noel/Fchamp and more calling people out because they are bad.

I just realize how much this changes some "heel" personalities. Like its obvious that champ doesn't hate homosexuals (ricky ortiz is his best friend) but he does use the term "faggot" plenty of times.

Also, Yipes has said on the mic jokingly that he is racist. That he will always root for dominicans and that he will always go against any other ethnicity. Is that suddenly hateful and requires change?

Huh? The players will still be talking smack, running sidebets and all the stuff they are doing now. They just won't be doing it on camera, unless Art secretly films them.

Well, I enjoy watching that happen. I can not attend all the non-local majors and I want to see that West Coast/East Coast style of the FGC. Also what some people don't realize what if the people push for this further? "O we know it doesn't happen anymore ON stream, but what at the venue? We want you to clean your act both on camera and off camera on the venue." Its really not hard to imagine that happen.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Are you guys really going to blame Jared for this? Aris interjected himself into the conversation that Haunts was having.

Plus, unless Jared was mind-controlling Aris he certainly has nothing to do with the incident that started all this.

X killed X is forever a running joke in the FGC.

Alucrid

Banned

How can you have the real FGC without popoff? What no more barfights? No more East Coast/West Coast rivalries because its inspire "hateful" thoughts?

Its entertaining when you have people like Jago/SmoothViper/Noel/Fchamp and more calling people out because they are bad.

I just realize how much this changes some "heel" personalities. Like its obvious that champ doesn't hate homosexuals (ricky ortiz is his best friend) but he does use the term "faggot" plenty of times.

Also, Yipes has said on the mic jokingly that he is racist. That he will always root for dominicans and that he will always go against any other ethnicity. Is that suddenly hateful and requires change?

The FGC can kill it with the melodrama and hyperbole.

man this community is completely losing its balls.

that kotaku hack must be ecstatic and jumping on his chair that he generated such a massive response.

"losing its balls?" Really? I'd call it growing up myself.

Personally I'd love to see a big cleanup of most stream commentary. Plenty of room for hype and funny commentary without all the dreck that just makes you cringe a bit when you are listening to it. If SRK / EVO and the big streams actually keep at this with a hard line like inkblot took with WNF, streams would be really improved for me.

Why would any of this change? Just because more people are watching that means you can't call anyone out for being bad? That makes no sense.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GAF needs it's own Major to show the rest of the world what the FGC IS REALLY ALL ABOUT AMIRITE

Streamed by TeamKadey.
Sponsored by MCZ MarkMan and EviLore.
Brackets run by USD.
Pot bonus courtesy of PSN MahvelGAF.

hahaha if shit was on the line you can bet Im going to hardcore it. :p PSN GAF wont be free.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
lol, Jesus.

If you think any of that kind of stuff is emblematic of "the real FGC," then I have no clue what you're in this hobby for. I can't see anyone but stream monsters really caring about any of that.

Chavelo

Yeah Noel popping off is not real? People know that the WWE isn't real does that suddenly lose all sense of entertainment?

No, no...

Noel and other players in the FGC popping off happens OUTSIDE of barfights. That I want to see. And we do! So we're a-okay.

But we don't need "barfights" just to create rivalries. Screw that. Let weeklies and majors and OMG ACTUAL COMPETITION take care of that...

"A tournament without the fluff"... :lol Yeah, that I can live without.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think people really throw the word "professionalism" around a whole lot without knowing what it actually entails. The FGC is by no means over, these are the growing pains necessary for it to become bigger.

Chavelo

As a casual fan of fighting games who likes to watch streams now and then, all I want is more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Genuinely fun, clever, a little inside-jokey, pure hype. I don't get why people can't distinguish between that video and talking about raping tits

That is the most disgusting video I have ever seen. "F-word the knicks?" "Mag-f-word-neto"?

And what is he implying with "make it rain?"

What a sicko. Is he still around the FGC? You guys should be ashamed if he's still a member of your "community".

Someone put Boing Boing on the line!

You hate to see this type of thing happen!

Masaki_

I really don't think Marn or Christian said anything that offensive, but saying those things on the mic was stupid. They should've known that the magnifying glass was on them, and that there might be ambulance-chasing bloggers watching who would take any little thing and blow it up.

These dudes are just doing what they've always been doing. They are not constantly watching their words so they don't scare oversensitive viewers away. But I guess they should now, and that fucking sucks.

Spruchy

I don't know if pulling Evo points from WNF really solves anything and only serves to punish players who weren't involved with the issue. Imagine how you would feel if you were going every week and performing well for the Evo incentive, only to have it taken away from you because someone you hardly know/speak to said some dumb shit on the mic. And what lesson does it provide? Watch out morons, if you act like your idiotic self on a stream we're going to punish people who are uninvolved! Poor handling of the issue that seems to be a extreme way of saving face.

jbug617

Banned
As a casual fan of fighting games who likes to watch streams now and then, all I want is more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Genuinely fun, clever, a little inside-jokey, pure hype. I don't get why people can't distinguish between that video and talking about raping tits

That is pretty much done because you can't take a chance of saying those things because people might get upset with that.

Also does anybody know how many seasons WNF will have EVO points because they are only taking the 1st season away.

Masaki_

That is the most disgusting video I have ever seen. "Eff the knicks?" "Mag-effin-neto"?

And what is he implying with "make it rain?"

What a sicko. Is he still around the FGC? You guys should be ashamed if he's still a member of your "community".

You hate to see this type of thing happen!

Yipes called Storm a bitch on camera, are we gonna let that slide?! (Not on that video, by the way)

Wallach

Actually, with what has transpired, that type of commentary is dead at the moment.

Not at all. If that video was the "worst" that the FGC had to offer none of this would have happened. Nobody writes a news article because someone says the word "fuck" on a stream.

sleepykyo

Well, I enjoy watching that happen. I can not attend all the non-local majors and I want to see that West Coast/East Coast style of the FGC. Also what some people don't realize what if the people push for this further? "O we know it doesn't happen anymore ON stream, but what at the venue? We want you to clean your act both on camera and off camera on the venue." Its really not hard to imagine that happen.

Shrugs. I haven't attended any in a while, but I never had a problem with keeping a clean act at the venue. Funnily enough, when you're actually playing at the tournament or have a friend to root for in it, you don't need to manufacture drama.

Satch

Banned
I feel like some of you guys are really overreacting.

Everything's gonna be okay. Things have been more than hype while I've been watching, and, oddly enough, there's rarely been "trash talk" behind that. Just damn good, energetic commentary and highly skilled play.

Either way, I highly doubt there won't be trash talk at all. I've rolled my eyes so many times from reading that assumption that they've actually fallen out of my skull. Calm down, Chicken Littles.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac

Everything's gonna be okay. Things have been more than hype while I've been watching, and, oddly enough, there's rarely been "trash talk" behind that. Just damn good, energetic commentary and highly skilled play.

Either way, I highly doubt there won't be trash talk at all. I've rolled my eyes so many times from reading that assumption that they've actually fallen out of my skull. Calm down, Chicken Littles.

Game over, man.

GAME OVER!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. Marn with the break down.

Though it was nice hearing him talk about being friends with Valle and shit.
I tune into Marn's stream and hes sniffling, WTF.

You know what.. not gonna even watch this any further. I really don't trust anything related to Marn.

Beth Cyra

I tune into Marn's stream and hes sniffling, WTF.

You know what.. not gonna even watch this any further. I really don't trust anything related to Marn.

Haha that is more allergies(or something, I don't know), dude isn't really crying.

Just being really god damn random. Honestly each mintue passes and he is onto something new.

Jintor

Shrugs. I haven't attended any in a while, but I never had a problem with keeping a clean act at the venue. Funnily enough, when you're actually playing at the tournament or have a friend to root for in it, you don't need to manufacture drama.

But its not manufacture. Some personalities are just like that. Before the cameras came in, before there were streams. Smoothviper/Noel/Fchamp and a lot of the east coast don't try to make drama, they are just being themselves. Do you really think Yipes doesn't say stuff that can be seen as derogatory?

edit

This isn't "the end of the world". But this is obviously going to change a lot of the FGC.

Top Bottom